Please check my gig and tell me if it is Okay

yeasinnewaj

18 minutes ago, yeasinnewaj said:

Hello there, can I use someone else’ picture in my gig image? 

There are plenty of people doing this especially men that want to mislead buyers into thinking they are working with a woman. There were plenty of people doing this especially in the writing niche, trying to mislead others, and it worked. However, many or all of them are not around anymore, so that should say enough.

• Like 18

No, you should not use someone else's picture on your Fiverr gig without their permission. Using someone else's image, such as their work or their likeness, without proper authorization could violate copyright and intellectual property rights. This can lead to legal issues and negatively impact your reputation on the platform.

Thank You
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, yeasinnewaj said:

They are man, but using no copyright images of people in their gig. Will it still be problematic?

It will be at some point. Fiverr can ask you at any point in time to verify your identity. And there is a rule in fiverr TOS that you shoul don’t misrepresent your identity 

• Like 9
  • Up 2

I have changed my tags, gig description, gig title of two of my gigs because I was getting 10-20 impressions per day for a week now and added a gig video in every gigs. 

Will it badly affect my gig impressions now or should I create a new gig. 

I really don’t want to create a new one because I have almost 1k impressions in many of my gigs and it has been 23 days now for me to be in this platform. 

Please check my profile and let me know If any changes are needed. 

www.fiverr.com/yeasinnewaj

Really looking for your suggestions. 

Thank You. 

• Like 4

Hello There, 

It has been almost a month now for me to be in this amazing platform. In these few days, I was examining my gig impressions and changing accordingly. I have added my gig videos, changed metadata, keywords, title and description for gig SEO. 

However, in the last two or three days, my gig impressions accounted 5-10 impressions per day, which is a bit shocking since I used to get 50+ impressions on each of my gigs a day. 

Can you guys please help with my gigs by telling if any changes that needs to be done or any suggestions would be helpful. 

I am attaching a 30 days report for your reference. Please do guide me hereby. 

Thank You.

IMG_1219.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Sad 4

I don’t think Fiverr is for me

It has been almost 2 months that I have not received a single order or knock from any of the buyers despite creating my fiverr gigs professionally. 

I really don’t have any idea what next I will be doing to get my first order or whatsover. I have spent atleast 20 hours a day in this platform but still didn’t get any orders. 

It is really frustrating and heartbreaking for me to go through the toughest times of my life like this. 

Also, there is no option to request buyers for work like before. Fiverr shouldn’t have removed the option of it. The option was beneficial for new commers like us but now, there’s no option. 

Only the top rated, level 1/2 sellers are getting orders and we as a new seller are being neglected. 

Really disappointing and depressing. 

• Like 50
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 18
  • Up 1

On 11/20/2023 at 7:37 AM, yeasinnewaj said:

It has been almost 2 months that I have not received a single order or knock from any of the buyers despite creating my fiverr gigs professionally. 

Unfortunately, you might be right. But please, hear me out (read this carefully!)

It's OK for Fiverr not to be the right fit for you.

Fiverr is NOT a 'get rich quick' website. Sure, the prices you might set have different values in different places (so some people in some countries could get 'richer' even though they'd be charging lower), but that doesn't mean that it's for everyone.

Freelancing is tough.

You need skills that SELL. You know what sucks about that kind of stuff?

What worked last year might not work this year. Your category is full of people offering the same thing as you - and hundreds of them never managed to sell a single thing. It's just how life is - someone said that WordPress stuff sold well on Fiverr x years ago, and people still believe in it, but well, honestly? There are just too many sellers providing the same things.

The issue isn't (necessarily) in Fiverr and the algorithm. It's very hard to cater to new sellers when there are THOUSANDS of them. Most buyers, yes, will choose people with more reviews or samples because they seem reputable. 

I understand your frustration, but I think perhaps it's time for you to think about other ways to make money. Learn new skills that sell now instead of blaming the system (THOUGH the system is far from perfect.) 

• Like 73
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 9
  • Thanks 2

Im not really "keeping myself updated about news" kinda guy.

But i can tell you this, This year was a total disaster for me in terms of freelancing. I havent even get close to half of what i did previous years. And as i was strolling to find a solution to that, i have learned everybody got punched in the throat by the same "thing". Whatever that "thing" is. World economy perhaps? Who knows.

Its different than the 9-5 jobs. Sometimes you bathe in olive oil, sometimes you eat the cockroaches you catch under the bathtub. Thats a part of freelancing. 

Unfortunately for you, you might be too late to join to party. There were less competition in gladiator arenas. Now you have to be picked from thousands of other sellers. Lets be real, its not likely. However hard you try. But keep in mind, 2 months is nothing. Even tho i have done some good jobs and carved a niche for myself, my gigs stood dormant for months.

• Like 37
  • Sad 4
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mandyzines said:

That's unfortunate. 😞 How did you get into freelancing? Was it through government-sponsored programs? Did the programs include suggesting what sites to offer your services on?

Unfortunately, it's mostly misinformation & lofty expectations which drive people.

Many people join the platform expecting to be a QUICK RICH scheme because some stranger on random YouTube videos told them so or someone misguided them about the earning potential of freelancing!! They expect the marketplace to be like a regular workplace where you create an account/gigs and buyers will line up on their desk.

Lack of sellable skills, professionalism, mindset and perseverance often lead to attrition. 

• Like 29
  • Haha 2
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

Unfortunately, it's mostly misinformation & lofty expectations which drive people.

Many people join the platform expecting to be a QUICK RICH scheme because some stranger on random YouTube videos told them so or someone misguided them about the earning potential of freelancing!! They expect the marketplace to be like a regular workplace where you create an account/gigs and buyers will line up on their desk.

Lack of sellable skills, professionalism, mindset and perseverance often lead to attrition. 

You really think I am not professional enough to showcase my skill here in this platform? 

Do you really think it is because I don’t have enough skillset to get job? 

If that was the case, not many of the freelancers would have waited this long for an order. 

• Like 28