How do I extend the delivery time when a buyer asks for additional words?

matthewfwriter

Question

I have a repeat buyer who always puts in an order on my Premium package of 2,000 words with a 3 day delivery time, but he always requests an additional ~8,000 words, but the delivery time remains the same. That means I am regularly requesting to amend the delivery time as 3 days to turn around 10,000 words isn't feasible for me. Is there a more elegant solution that I'm simply missing here? Thank you.

• Like 11
  • Up 1

5 answers to this question

This is a great failure of the Fiverr system for writers. I'd suggest not allowing extra word additions automatically. Instead, the buyer would have to contact you, and you could create a custom order for the total. 

The only other option is to send a 'request for more time' from the resolution center after the order is already placed. I'd suggest putting a sentence in your gig description that clearly states all orders above X number of words need a custom order or longer delivery time. Some people won't read it, but you have something to point to when you send the request for more time.

We have been asking Fiverr to fix this problem for literally YEARS (automatically adding more time when a buyer orders more words), but they just don't listen.

• Like 8

Is it possible to communicate with the client that you can accept his order only when he  places   new/ separate orders for the extra words. In this case 2 extra orders. Taking in account that this will extend the delivery date?

Or could you make an extra package with 2000+ words with a longer delivery time? In that case you can refers the client to that package?

If I understand Fiverr (I am quite new to this platform) it is possible to ad more delivery dates when clients ask for more words. You will find this in the edit mode under pricing.

I hope this helps.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

I've been very vocal about this issue and to no end. Unfortunately Fiverr didn't change this and many times writers either have to refund the order and receive a penalty, or they have to overwork themselves and sometimes deliver a lower quality because the customer doesn't understand the issue.

@Lenaor anyone from Fiverr staff, is it possible to fix this issue? We need to ensure that whenever someone adds more words into that word count box or when they use gig multiples, the deadline has to change accordingly. Either that, or to stop/start gig multiples..

• Like 12
  • Up 1