Infinite extend review period by buyers??? (recently returned seller)

josh_oh

Hi, folks. So I took a one year break and recently came back and luckily, the orders started coming in again, but for one of the orders, the person 'extended the review period' by five days which didn't exist last year when I left. Typically some buyers tried to take advantage of this by requesting revision without any files to revise, then I could eventually resubmit initial deliverable in a polite way after a few days of waiting and reminder which worked out well, but this 5 day extension doesn't seem to have any safety mechanism for sellers???? because I'm reading a lot of complaints on this on the internet. So far the buyer only extended once so we will see how it goes if the buyer is a nice person, but I can tell some cunning buyers will take advantage of this and play dragging game.

• Like 4

Well, some buyers are basically outsourcing the work for someone else. And they are waiting for a reply from their own client, which can take quite some time in their own right. Other people are very busy and there were buyers complaining that 3 days are not enough. I am a writer, so in my case, few clients extend 5 days or even at all, because it's easier to check an article or two. When it comes to larger projects, 3 days might not be enough, so I get why some people request extra time. That doesn't affect you with anything account-wise though. The only issue is that it will take more time until you can withdraw money...

• Like 4