contract

rickymazzamauro

Question

Hi, a client I'm working with (a record label) has asked me to send them my email address to sign an electronic contract, and it seems they don't want to accept the delivery, which, by the way, they like, without this option, prior to this. How should I proceed to avoid violating the Terms of Service (TOS)?"

Thank you

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Can you create another custom order to suit this purpose? And do you have the partial refund feature to apply to the current order so that you can use that amount for the NDA order?

I would request a copy of the NDA/contract beforehand, though. I've seen a lot of contracts that buyers wanted me to sign that simply aren't applicable and when I ask them to change the verbiage (to make it more relevant to the project), they tell me to "just sign it." I politely decline if they are unable to make those changes.

The solution of the other order seems a bit complicated to me. Regarding the contract you would be right, but honestly I don't care much, it's just a formality for them, I would just like to close this order as soon as possible. I've already been downgraded for more than two months, I don't know why,  and I'm living with old customers who still write to me and order, it's not a good period for me.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, rickymazzamauro said:

The solution of the other order seems a bit complicated to me.

Then, perhaps, no partial refund, but just an additional $5 custom order ($5 shouldn't be too much for a record label) for the contract thingy? And then the buyer would accept both orders?

• Like 8

Just now, catwriter said:

Then, perhaps, no partial refund, but just an additional $5 custom order ($5 shouldn't be too much for a record label) for the contract thingy? And then the buyer would accept both orders?

Or you could add it as a gig extra. Or cancel the order and reissue the same order with the contract details included (since this type of cancelation won't hurt your stats if the buyer accepts the new order).

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Or you could add it as a gig extra. Or cancel the order and reissue the same order with the contract details included (since this type of cancelation won't hurt your stats if the buyer accepts the new order).

yes I could try, but the CS guy this time was very strict and decisive, no emails, very strange. The CS types are often different, some are more docile, others are really unpleasant, don't you think?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, rickymazzamauro said:

yes I could try, but the CS guy this time was very strict and decisive, no emails, very strange. The CS types are often different, some are more docile, others are really unpleasant, don't you think?

What do you think, can I try asking someone else for CS, or will they get impatient?

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, rickymazzamauro said:

What do you think, can I try asking someone else for CS, or will they get impatient?

No, just cite the ToS that allows for contact info to be shared on the order page:

image.png.6f9203b679c82b5e6c22a50e9bf638d3.png

Both CS agents were correct - they were just citing different bullet points (and your situations were different - one was before the order was initiated and the other was after, where the order requirements didn't include the stipulation for contact info to be exchanged).

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 5

Hi, a client I'm working with (a record label) has asked me to send them my email address to sign an electronic contract, and it seems they don't want to accept the delivery, which, by the way, they like, without this option, prior to this. How should I proceed to avoid violating the Terms of Service (TOS)?"

Thank you

Hello rickymazzamauro.

I have opened a new ticket. Please be patient as our relevant departments look into this issue.

Thank you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 10/12/2023 at 11:37 AM, glow_writer said:

Fiverr doesn't allow communication outside of their platform.

On 10/12/2023 at 11:38 AM, glow_writer said:

They need their 20%. 🙂

Hi @glow_writer

Thank you for your input.

Yes, communication outside of Fiverr is forbidden, but not because you think. There is more to it.

When Sellers/Buyers communicate outside of Fiverr, we have no way of protecting them. They become susceptible to fraud, thefts, account breaches, data stealing, etc. If someone is being rude or offensive in external communication, we cannot do much about it. Sharing your personal information is also a very bad idea for all the reasons I stated before. 

Hope this clears the Fiverr guidelines a little bit better. 

Have a nice day. 

@vickieito 

There is nothing for me to add. You have said everything I would. I have opened a new ticket. 

Thank you.

• Like 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1