What to do to get the first order of fiverr

mdnurnobi3367

6 minutes ago, amzvideopro said:

be more active on Fiverr and Fiverr community forums

Why? I’d like to hear your explanation.

Also, why are you giving advice when you’ve made exactly zero sales?

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 10

6 minutes ago, ashik_iqbal4 said:

I have not received any order yet.  Please let me know how you got the first order and also tell me how you are getting the order

You claim to be a digital marketer... find leads for yourself. That's your job, right?

1 minute ago, mdashik24 said:

Share your gig on social media and be patient.

Okay, I will share my gigs on social media and then proceed to stare at my screen. Am I doing it right?

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Well as there is no way for vetting of sellers to prove the authenticity of what they claim, most of the buyers are now going for sellers with reputation in terms of reviews.

So now you might say how were new sellers getting work earlier ...

If you go back some years fiverr only charged $5 for any kind of service, now if you look carefully, the sellers who joined during that time period and provided services and had reviews are the most successful one's today.

Almost 80% of sellers with reviews you will find are at least 4-5 years on this platform from the time where $5 was the norm ...

So today new seller find it next to impossible to get orders , even if you put your prices down to $5, so I guess stay a part of fiverr and check your app and make a few changes in description, images etc every 10-15 days, as I believe it is the old loyal users of fiverr who are reaping the most rewards.

And then there is the new AI storm as well, but that is consuming every one's job ...

Wish you good luck and hope to see you get orders soon ...

Edited by seoswiftcreate
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, seoswiftcreate said:

Almost 80% of sellers with reviews you will find are at least 4-5 years on this platform from the time where $5 was the norm ...

You have to go further back than that... $5 gigs weren't exactly the norm 4-5 years ago, either. We all started with zero reviews. Some of us just had a business plan before starting...

And there are plenty of sellers who have become successful with relatively new accounts—the reason being that these sellers are actually offering something that buyers want AND that they are awesome at what they do. @vickieito has done extremely well in a short amount of time, and there's also a seller (not on the forum) I've worked with who amassed almost 150 reviews in a bit over a year. And I'm sure there are many, many more examples.

Try to look inward instead and figure out what you might be lacking when compared to successful sellers instead of just complaining.

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 9
  • Up 3

3 minutes ago, seoswiftcreate said:

the irony you joined in 2016 

And I started selling in May 2018. And back then, $5 gigs weren't the norm. The real irony here is that you comment about something that you know nothing about.

You can keep complaining and whining, or you can do something about it. Your choice.

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, vibronx said:

You have to go further back than that... $5 gigs weren't exactly the norm 4-5 years ago, either. We all started with zero reviews. Some of us just had a business plan before starting...

And there are plenty of sellers who have become successful with relatively new accounts—the reason being that these sellers are actually offering something that buyers want AND that they are awesome at what they do. @vickieito has done extremely well in a short amount of time, and there's also a seller (not on the forum) I've worked with who amassed almost 150 reviews in a bit over a year. And I'm sure there are many, many more examples.

Try to look inward instead and figure out what you might be lacking when compared to successful sellers instead of just complaining.

Your response seem a bit harsh, he was only asking an innocent question and I believe we are all here to learn. If you have any insightful tips, why don't you just share them with us so that we all benefit. Thank you

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, graphics_excel said:

Your response seem a bit harsh, he was only asking an innocent question and I believe we are all here to learn. If you have any insightful tips, why don't you just share them with us so that we all benefit. Thank you

There was no question in the post I responded to in your quote. He was simply going off about how it's "next to impossible" to get orders as a new seller—which is false.

I have shared plenty of tips on this forum. Hundreds of posts full of tips, in fact. They all tend to fall on deaf ears.

I have nothing more to add than what I wrote in the thread linked below:

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, vibronx said:

There was no question in the post I responded to in your quote. He was simply going off about how it's "next to impossible" to get orders as a new seller—which is false.

I have shared plenty of tips on this forum. Hundreds of posts full of tips, in fact. They all tend to fall on deaf ears.

I have nothing more to add than what I wrote in the thread linked below:

Its amazing getting a reference post from you, this should be of help to him and everyone who seeks answers to related questions. Keep up the great work!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, graphics_excel said:

Its amazing getting a reference post from you, this should be of help to him and everyone who seeks answers to related questions. Keep up the great work!

With a little effort, posts like this can be easily found on the forum, but unfortunately, most new sellers don’t study or search the forum.
Most new sellers just want as fast as possible getting orders to earn money without making some effort.
Besides that, most new sellers are pretending to be “fluent” in English, so they just don’t understand everything that is written in the posts. And all of this is why many experienced sellers don’t write nice, informative posts anymore. 

This is also why I don't write topics or feedback with a lot of text. It is a waste of time. 

• Like 4
  • Up 7

8 minutes ago, amuchi_amuchi said:

If you don't have any tips or tricks for newbies like us, just go.

The forum is full of tips from @vibronx or many of the other sellers trying to get new sellers to understand that they might not be doing things the right way. However, they get buried under posts like this (and many others.) Why is that an issue for me? Honestly, it's not. Less competition is able to see the actually useful bits of advice. That aside, though, at first, I felt like we (as in, all 'senior' sellers should try to approach things in a more gentle manner. 

You know when I realized that doesn't work? Years ago, I understood that people either ignore what we write or try to fight back. Some people don't benefit from gentle education; they need to face the harsh reality that they were likely lied to (and are trying to sell something they are not yet skilled at.) 

PS: I was on Fiverr in 2017. It was... weird. I had a nearly two-year break with small bursts of activities in it and managed to establish myself (again, even though I had bad reviews and other things) within what, six months? 

Being new isn't the only issue. 

• Like 12
  • Up 1

12 minutes ago, katakatica said:

Why is that an issue for me? Honestly, it's not. Less competition is able to see the actually useful bits of advice.

Exactly. There is no reason for us to even give advice. It doesn't benefit us. Yet, we do it, anyway. And we often get no thanks.

13 minutes ago, katakatica said:

That aside, though, at first, I felt like we (as in, all 'senior' sellers should try to approach things in a more gentle manner. You know when I realized that doesn't work? Years ago, I understood that people either ignore what we write or try to fight back. Some people don't benefit from gentle education; they need to face the harsh reality that they were likely lied to (and are trying to sell something they are not yet skilled at.) 

I was exactly the same. I wrote long posts trying to genuinely help everybody on the forum. Hundreds and hundreds of them. However, it's like you said, they ignore it, or they fight back. And sometimes they fight back REAL hard.

21 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

Besides that, most new sellers are pretending to be “fluent” in English, so they just don’t understand everything that is written in the posts. And all of this is why many experienced sellers don’t write nice, informative posts anymore. 

This is also why I don't write topics or feedback with a lot of text. It is a waste of time. 

Indeed. It's a total waste of time.

• Like 7
  • Up 2

Being active on the Fiverr Forum does not affect how well you do on the main platform other than to give you the benefit of the advice of experienced sellers. However, most inexperienced sellers ignore the excellent advice given by those who know what they are talking about in favor of the advice given by the level 0 newbies with no sales who say ⬇️.

5 hours ago, amzvideopro said:

You need to be more active on Fiverr and Fiverr community forums and share your gigs more on social media platforms.

Queue @filipdevaere with his image of Fiverr Staff saying being active on the Fiverr Forum does not affect the main Fiverr platform.

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Being active on the Fiverr Forum does not affect how well you do on the main platform other than to give you the benefit of the advice of experienced sellers. However, most inexperienced sellers ignore the excellent advice given by those who know what they are talking about in favor of the advice given by the level 0 newbies with no sales who say ⬇️.

Queue @filipdevaere with his image of Fiverr Staff saying being active on the Fiverr Forum does not affect the main Fiverr platform.

image.png.b477d4bab13579054a882f9da0869bec.png

The picture is about being online on the Fiverr platform, not on the forum.

• Like 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello, thanks for the explanation. But saying rude tips doesn't help either for me. It makes people afraid to ask questions and causes drama. Because of the people who ask here, I see that we are all here to learn. Even I am eager to learn new things, and I barely knew that this forum discussion existed on Fiverr. I also sometimes get nice replies from veterans, but sometimes I see veterans saying rude comments to newbies who are just innocently asking questions. I still don't get the point why need to be arrogant. Apart from newbies who are not polite and don't even say thank you, there are also nice newbies who are genuinely interested in learning. I know some veterans may not agree with me, but I'm just saying what I think. iam sorry dont hate me 

• Like 7

- Do you have a clear and attractive gig image?

- Do you have your main keywords/search tags on your gig title? Very important for ranking!

- Do you have these keywords/search tags on your gig description? Very important for ranking! 

Do some research by going through the gigs of Top Rated Sellers in your category. Check all the details. I can bet that you'll see the reasons why they're excelling and you're not. But if you have a great gig and haven't been receiving contacts, you just need to be patient and edit it once in a while. 

Understand there's a lot of competition now than ever before. 

Good luck 🤞

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, amuchi_amuchi said:

I also sometimes get nice replies from veterans, but sometimes I see veterans saying rude comments to newbies who are just innocently asking questions.

They are often not just innocently asking questions. Sometimes they're posting questions they don't care about getting the answers to. They believe that the act of posting questions on the forum will somehow boost them on the main platform. And a question such as the one in this topic can be answered with a simple Google or forum search. There are literally thousands of threads containing advice on how to get orders.

Moreover, the OP claims to be a digital marketer. A digital marketer should know how to get sales; otherwise, he shouldn't be selling digital marketing services. It doesn't make sense. We see that every day on the forum. Basically, by asking this question, he reveals that he doesn't have the skills necessary to do what he claims to be able to do in his gigs. This means he is probably scamming buyers or delusional about what it takes to be a professional in a certain category. Hence the "harsh" reaction. Believe me, I'm holding back a lot of what I want to say to these kinds of people, so for me, it's very much not harsh - simply the truth.

Maybe we just shouldn't care about the buyers who might get hurt by these incompetent or scamming sellers?

Furthermore, the answers posted to this thread by other newbies contain bad advice from people who have never gotten a single sale. Should I not call out false advice when I see it?

Also, you're saying you just discovered the forum. When you become part of a community, it's usually best to read a bit to get a feel for the place before you start insulting people, like you did me.  

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 8
  • Up 7

28 minutes ago, amuchi_amuchi said:

I see that we are all here to learn.

Perhaps you are here to learn. But there are way more newbies here to learn "tips and tricks". They are not interested in the honest truth about what it takes to be successful on Fiverr. I have been a Fiverr seller since 2017 and was once a newbie to the Forum. Here is where I learned how to be a successful seller, and it was not by using tricks that I became successful here. 

16 minutes ago, vibronx said:

Furthermore, the answers posted to this thread by other newbies contain bad advice from people who have never gotten a single sale. Should I not call out false advice when I see it?

These posts bother me almost as much as those made by incompetent sellers whose posts unknowingly admit that they cannot provide the services they are trying to sell on Fiverr. These people read BAD advice made by some YouTube guru and take it as the truth when it is NOT! Then they repeat it endlessly here.

🤦🏻‍♀️ 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 12
  • Up 2