πŸ‘€ Can't see the forest for the trees 🌲🌲🌲🌲

vickieito

On 9/27/2023 at 1:18 AM, mae_creativity said:

How old are your three kids?

Oops! Did I mention three? I have two kids - my daughter (Mia) is 10 and my son (Kenta) is 14. I might have mentioned Jun (in another post) as the third kid. πŸ˜…

On 9/27/2023 at 1:18 AM, mae_creativity said:

I want to send them each something little in the mail.

Please let me know if that's OK with you.

That's really kind of you! But I don't know how that would be possible. Your sweet, thoughtful post is enough - thanks for the offer!

23 hours ago, sabinespoems said:

I hope you can find your way through the forest with your children close by your side ❀️

@sabinespoemsΒ - I love how you tied this into the title. πŸ₯°Β 

On 9/27/2023 at 1:21 AM, rabihumakhan said:

If I can remember correctly, you mentioned that your husband was in another country in some of your posts. Did you get a chance to meet him recently?Β 

Oh, @rabihumakhanΒ - you have a good memory. My whole family was living in Japan last year, but my kids were really struggling in the Japanese school system. Their school couldn't handle both the pandemic and two foreign children.

So I sent in an application for a charter school in Hawaii and two openings popped up several weeks later. The kids and I had to move to Hawaii very quickly so that we could secure those spots. Jun stayed behind to wrap things up. He also started a new job, so he didn't want to abandon them that quickly. We last saw him (in person) on December 13th, 2022.

We had plans for Jun to come in the summer, but that was pushed back due to ID theft issues. By August though, Fiverr was doing really well, so Jun purchased tickets to come to Hawaii. By that time, the kids were really thriving - Kenta skipped a grade and Mia's reading improved by several grade levels. The kids were counting down the days when Jun would be here and were excited to show their progress in real life (not just in video chats). We also needed Jun here to help renew the kids' passports.

So it was a huge shock when he passed away. Instead of Jun coming over to Hawaii, I had to fly over to Japan. My kids couldn't come with me because I didn't have a death certificate to process their passports. It was really hard to be away from them when they needed me the most. But I was able to bring Jun back home with me after he was cremated and we had a nice memorial service for him on Sunday.

• Like 18