the buyer asked for a revision because needs more time to review! what I can do?

farshad19rodar

Hi, I have an order that I completed and delivered on time. However, the buyer requested revision and change, so I did some more work and delivered the updated file. Now, the buyer has once again requested a revision, stating, "need more time for testing."

I didn't include any free revision options in the custom order, and the order has now passed its deadline, marked as late. I appreciate your guidance on how to proceed in this situation. Thank you in advance.

Edited by farshad19rodar
  • Like 12
  • Congrats! 1

14 minutes ago, farshad19rodar said:

I didn't include any free revision options in the custom order, and the order has now passed its deadline, marked as late. I appreciate your guidance on how to proceed in this situation. Thank you in advance.

If you delivered on time, you are not penalized. It shows as late because the order was set in revision mode, and the deadline passed. But if the initial delivery is before the deadline, you don't have to worry about anything here. 

• Like 14

Just now, donnovan86 said:

If you delivered on time, you are not penalized. It shows as late because the order was set in revision mode, and the deadline passed. But if the initial delivery is before the deadline, you don't have to worry about anything here. 

Thanks, Do I need to wait for the buyer to message me? What can I do now? I didn't include any free revision options in the custom order, but the buyer requested it. I updated the file and now he again asked for a new revision because he needs more time to review it !! is this not against Fiverr rules that the buyer asked for revision without any good reason?

• Like 13

Well maybe because it's Sunday, the buyer doesn't have time to check now. 

However, buyers have a way to extend the time they need to check without asking for a revision.. But apparently your buyer chose to keep the order in revision. Wait for them I guess, ask them what they need changed, that's up to you.

• Like 13

When buyer have used the revision system to get more time in the past, I gave them 48 hours (perhaps a bit longer if it's Sunday or a holiday) and then redeliver and ask for any revision requests. I offer one revision, however. If you do not, you may tell them what  you charge for revisions at that time, I suppose.

• Like 11

Update :

The buyer is still holding the order for a 100% illogical reason, and I get the feeling that he doesn't want to pay me. Now, the order is in a "Revision" state, but I don't know why. Additionally, I can't see the buyer's profile. I suspect he may have blocked me, but I've realized that I can't view his profile even when I'm not logged into my account. So, perhaps his account has been restricted. What should I do in this situation?

• Like 7