duafatima_uml

Question

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, duafatima_uml said:

Is it against fiver TOS?

You can read the TOS here:

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service?source=footer

Reviews

• Reviews provided by Buyers are an essential part of Fiverr's rating system. To Learn more about Fiverr’s review system, please see here.
  • Reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards.
  • To prevent any misuse of our review system, all reviews must come from legitimate and eligible orders, as further detailed here. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance Seller ratings, or to abuse the Fiverr platform, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
  • Withholding the delivery of services, files, or information required to complete the Gig’s service with the intent to gain favorable reviews or additional services is prohibited. Sellers may not solicit the removal of feedback reviews from their Buyers through mutual cancellations.....

This page has info about warnings: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010880417-Warnings

Violations of our Terms of Service such as rude, abusive, improper language or behavior, spamming, misleading profile information, providing personal contact information, requesting a positive review or the removal of a review, review manipulation, and misrepresenting your Gig service may result in a warning.

So it won't harm you're account as you weren't the one who mentioned it. But I'd be careful how I respond to them. You can't make it seem like you're requesting a positive review. You could just ignore what they said about it or try to act neutral about it. It's probably safest not to mention reviews.

You could check with CS if you want. If it's before the order then you might want to check with CS (in case it's seen as review manipulation by taking the order after they say that).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 14

9 minutes ago, duafatima_uml said:

No it was 2 days later delivering order.

So it should be okay then. It's probably safest not to say anything back to him about him saying "I'll give you a good review" that way you can't be seen as influencing it (I don't whether saying "thanks" would be an issue there. You could check with CS the best way to respond). You could just respond in a different way saying something like "If you need any revisions just let me know / just create a revision request" or something (basically saying a polite reply but not mentioning reviews).

• Like 9

13 hours ago, duafatima_uml said:

Client himself told me that he will give me a good review? Is it against fiver TOS? Would it cause any harm to account? 

I have had multiple instances where clients were really happy with the work (when the order was almost complete) and they voluntarily mentioned that they will gladly leave a good review because they understand the importance of good reviews for sellers. 😇

So it's perfectly fine, as long as you aren't literally asking for a specific review or rating from them (which is a violation of TOS). 

• Like 11