Sudden drop of impressions

zuzana_mukumayi

Question

Hello fellow Fiverr sellers,

after having a super successful month on Fiverr getting a ton of orders, the impressions on my best performing gig (https://www.fiverr.com/zuzana_mukumayi/be-your-life-and-accountability-coach) went from around 1000+ to basically zero over night.

I get only generic responses from Fiverr support, I got once cancellation but was assured by the support that should not affect anything as it was based on buyers unresponsiveness. I don't think I got any negative private reviews on this gig (maybe on a different one?). I wonder if it can be just algorithm and bad luck.

Did this happen to you in the past? If yes, did you find out what affected it and how did you recover?

Thank you and cheers! 

• Like 18
  • Sad 6

11 answers to this question

3 hours ago, zuzana_mukumayi said:

after having a super successful month on Fiverr getting a ton of orders, the impressions on my best performing gig (https://www.fiverr.com/zuzana_mukumayi/be-your-life-and-accountability-coach) went from around 1000+ to basically zero over night.

I get only generic responses from Fiverr support, I got once cancellation but was assured by the support that should not affect anything as it was based on buyers unresponsiveness. I don't think I got any negative private reviews on this gig (maybe on a different one?). I wonder if it can be just algorithm and bad luck.

Did this happen to you in the past? If yes, did you find out what affected it and how did you recover?

Thank you and cheers! 

That's normal on fiverr 🙂

• Like 17

3 hours ago, zuzana_mukumayi said:

Thank you and cheers! 

Maintain your daily routine. It will be ok soon. Don't panic, it's normal.

• Like 18

I have finally found out from support an interesting piece of info: apparently my gig was paused because I have too many orders and they are worried about me being able to deliver high-quality services. They assured me that once I deliver some, it will get back up. It is an automatic thing in the system and nothing cannot be done about it.

So basically being removed from search because my gig was too successful and had too many orders (11).

This makes me feel better, though I would suggest that us - sellers - are able to assess ourselves how many new clients we can take on rather that some automation 🤪

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, zuzana_mukumayi said:

So basically being removed from search because my gig was too successful and had too many orders (11).

That's odd!

I know I've had over 30 orders in queue on one gig at a time and my impressions were not dropping (and I was wishing that it would!)- 11 seems like a low number, especially since you have nothing but 5-star reviews.

Are you sure that there isn't an order-in-queue limit set on your gig? I always have this feature turned off.

image.png.2d4db90b64fae2d149b075d657b333ce.png

• Like 16

21 hours ago, vickieito said:

That's odd!

I know I've had over 30 orders in queue on one gig at a time and my impressions were not dropping (and I was wishing that it would!)- 11 seems like a low number, especially since you have nothing but 5-star reviews.

Are you sure that there isn't an order-in-queue limit set on your gig? I always have this feature turned off.

Hi Vicki, no I dont have the limit there. Perhaps it also depends on the value of the total orders? No idea, but that is what the support told me so I hope that is accurate 🙂

• Like 12

2 hours ago, zuzana_mukumayi said:

Perhaps it also depends on the value of the total orders?

I don't think it would be that - I started with $5, $15, and $30 prices and aggressively increased my prices when I got 67 orders in one month (with an average of $15 per order). Having that many orders helped me to grow from New Seller to Level 2 within four months since I already had a "seasoned" buyer account. I wouldn't have been able to grow so fast if Fiverr placed an 11-order limit on me.

This is the first time I've ever seen Fiverr place a limit for someone doing "too good." It shouldn't happen. I've only seen Fiverr reward sellers for good performance. Can you show a screenshot of what that agent said (blocking out their name)? I'd like to see that limit removed for you.

• Like 9

On 9/4/2023 at 11:38 AM, zuzana_mukumayi said:

Thank you and cheers! 

Well, that happened to me a lot in the past, and it's only because of the Buyer Satisfaction Rate which is based on internal surveys from Fiverr. If you'll work on that I hope you can recover from this.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, vickieito said:

I don't think it would be that - I started with $5, $15, and $30 prices and aggressively increased my prices when I got 67 orders in one month (with an average of $15 per order). Having that many orders helped me to grow from New Seller to Level 2 within four months since I already had a "seasoned" buyer account. I wouldn't have been able to grow so fast if Fiverr placed an 11-order limit on me.

This is the first time I've ever seen Fiverr place a limit for someone doing "too good." It shouldn't happen. I've only seen Fiverr reward sellers for good performance. Can you show a screenshot of what that agent said (blocking out their name)? I'd like to see that limit removed for you.

See below, after 3 days of zero, now it is back to 600 impressions after I delivered one orders, so fingers crossed. I completely agree with you that being penalized for being too good is not something we would appreciate. The value of my orders was higher than yours, and perhaps it can be also a delivery time (45 days per delivery) as I am a coach 🙂. Who knows! But seems what the agent adviced (deliver order) worked so lets see what happens next

image.png

• Like 6

5 hours ago, zuzana_mukumayi said:

now it is back to 600 impressions after I delivered one orders

I know Fiverr does reward sellers more when they are closing orders (and if they are delivering much quicker than the delivery date) - so that's a good sign for you! It looks like you'll probably get an influx of inquiries once you start clearing away those orders in queue!

• Like 6