Account Incorrectly Disabled

diam2513

Question

Hello, 

My account got suddenly disabled for no apparent reason. I'm not sure what happened but I'm sure I did not violate any policy or at least knowingly. The only thing that changed is that my wifi modem at home is not working so I go to the university to access internet and use a different device.

Do anyone have an Idea how to get it back ? 

Edited by diam2513
  • Like 8
  • Sad 3
  • Up 2

12 answers to this question

54 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Did you get an email from Fiverr (check your junk mail). 

Also is it disabled or restricted?

Yes I received and email, and it's disabled not restricted. From what I understood, they disabled it to protect the account but from what ? 

Screen Shot 2023-08-09 at 4.06.30 PM.png

• Like 6
  • Sad 5

59 minutes ago, diam2513 said:

they disabled it to protect the account but from what ? 

I had a hacker gain access to my account, withdraw all my Earnings, and shut down my account several months ago. There have been other sellers' whose accounts were hacked/compromised and Fiverr took measures to make sure that our accounts were protected. Luckily Fiverr covered my loss.

Since they stated that it is temporarily disabled, Fiverr will restore your account as soon as the threat is gone. You can still submit a Help Desk ticket to see if there's something that you can do on your end to protect your account (I had to go through a list of security measures myself before my account could be fully restored).

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I had a hacker gain access to my account, withdraw all my Earnings, and shut down my account several months ago. There have been other sellers' whose accounts were hacked/compromised and Fiverr took measures to make sure that our accounts were protected. Luckily Fiverr covered my loss.

Since they stated that it is temporarily disabled, Fiverr will restore your account as soon as the threat is gone. You can still submit a Help Desk ticket to see if there's something that you can do on your end to protect your account (I had to go through a list of security measures myself before my account could be fully restored).

This makes sense, I remember yesterday mistakenly clicking a link of a fake microsoft email and having my browser jammed for some time. I thought it was just a browser jammer then my account was disabled earlier this morning. Luckily, I withdrawn all my fund yesterday. I'm a computer scientist and usually very wary of these email but not yesterday. Thank you for the answer.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, taiebmollah said:

If your Fiverr account was disabled and you believe it was a mistake, you should contact Fiverr's customer support as soon as possible. Provide them with a detailed explanation of the situation, including the change in your internet access and device usage. They will review your case and assist you in resolving the issue and potentially reactivating your account if it was disabled incorrectly. Be patient and follow their instructions throughout the process.

Thank you, I sent the email this morning and still waiting for an answer

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, diam2513 said:

Thank you, I sent the email this morning and still waiting for an answer

It took me 2 days to get a response from Fiverr CS. While I was waiting, I changed all my passwords and ran a malware scan on my computer and all my devices. 

I hope your issue is resolved quickly!

• Like 8

1 minute ago, vickieito said:

It took me 2 days to get a response from Fiverr CS. While I was waiting, I changed all my passwords and ran a malware scan on my computer and all my devices. 

I hope your issue is resolved quickly!

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll do that right away. I'll post an update here as soon as I hear from them. 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, lacroix88 said:

How were you hacked by a buyer? 

It was Malware that was downloaded with a suspicious file that a buyer sent me. All my tabs that were opened at the time were affected (so the hacker was able to bypass the two-factor authentication that I had set up). This affected PayPal and my email (which the hacker then used to create various online gaming accounts) and resulted in thousands of dollars in losses for me. Since it was my identity, the gaming sites and PayPal dismissed every dispute that I raised on each pending charge stating that they couldn't stop me from making my own accounts/purchases. Fiverr was the only site that compensated me for my loss.

I learned the hard way that the worst online account that you could have hacked would be your email since that is considered your identity. The email can be used to reset passwords to PayPal and other accounts that you may have.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 10

I think there were some issue otherwise fiverr never disable anyone's account without any reason. I think your university wifi using is an issues. Cause that is a public network and university network has several IP address and another thing is you used another device for fiverr login if it was the university device then it is also a major problem. Try to contact with fiverr support and share your reason with them. 

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, ovi_web313 said:

you used another device for fiverr login if it was the university device then it is also a major problem.

It can also be the fact that someone else logged it to Fiverr from the same IP and Fiverr believes the OP has more than one account.

• Like 5