What was your dream profession / job and what are you doing now?

sehrishirfan

Question

We often change paths due to financial needs, demographics, relationships, and other necessities of life. Share what you wanted to be, and what are you doing now? Are you happy with your current profession?

Edited by sehrishirfan
profession must be added to the title.
  • Like 43
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2023 at 8:15 PM, xiveratik said:

I have been doing SEO for 6 years plus. Now I'm moving into the accounting & bookkeeping profession which was my dream when I was at 12.

That's great. I hope it becomes an excellent choice for your career. 

• Like 22
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 3

On 7/27/2023 at 11:05 AM, gayanchamira said:

I wanted to be a Doctor when i  as a student but not qualified to do it and have to  study Agriculture. but as a freelancer i love graphic designing works it is not a job. only a hobby

Graphics is a good hobby but Agriculture is an excellent profession. 

• Like 21
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

On 26.7.2023 at 00:35, sehrishirfan said:

Aufgrund finanzieller Bedürfnisse, demografischer Gegebenheiten, Beziehungen und anderer Lebensbedürfnisse ändern wir häufig den Weg. Teilen Sie mit, was Sie werden wollten und was Sie jetzt tun? Sind Sie mit Ihrem jetzigen Beruf zufrieden?

Aktuell arbeite ich Freelancer seit neuestem und bin das erste mal sehr unabhängig. Es ist gut weil ich sehr flexibel bin und ich mit meine Kinder/ Familie trotzdem Zeit verbringen kann. Davor war ich als Krankenpflegerin tätig und wollte dennoch nicht in den Medizinischen tätig werden sondern Grafikdesign was ganz gut ist wo ich jetzt stehe mein Weg hat eben Umwege gemacht und das sollte so sein.

• Like 21
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

On 7/27/2023 at 4:58 PM, jessikakowa said:

Aktuell arbeite ich Freelancer seit neuestem und bin das erste mal sehr unabhängig. Es ist gut weil ich sehr flexibel bin und ich mit meine Kinder/ Familie trotzdem Zeit verbringen kann. Davor war ich als Krankenpflegerin tätig und wollte dennoch nicht in den Medizinischen tätig werden sondern Grafikdesign was ganz gut ist wo ich jetzt stehe mein Weg hat eben Umwege gemacht und das sollte so sein.

This is superb that you found the profession that is making you feel comfortable and independent. I am sorry I can only read your language but cannot type it. 

• Like 21
  • Up 3

When I was a kid, I wanted to go into radio. 

I ended up doing that straight out of high school and getting a job at the local radio station. That career lasted 22 years and included stints at six different radio stations in the region. It was a fun gig in the 70s and 80s, for sure!

• Like 22
  • Up 2

Yes it´s similar what I do now although all those things like apps & internet were not there. I wanted to write books and also draw paintings in them and as well becoming a pianist. (Now I write SEO texts such as blogs, educational material etc) I grew up in a street with music students and my neighbour was a pianist as well, so I sat down next to her when I was 3. My parents couldn´t afford a real piano, but they gave me a casio mini keyboard that time, I think it was one of my first bday gifts I could remember. (I´m a classical music composer). Next to that I liked building houses from lego, so, something with houses. (Me & my now exhusband started building & flipping houses 12 years ago). Yes, I like what I do and hopefully it will earn enough for our family. 

Edited by teamandromeda
  • Like 22
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2023 at 11:06 PM, looseink said:

When I was a kid, I wanted to go into radio. 

I ended up doing that straight out of high school and getting a job at the local radio station. That career lasted 22 years and included stints at six different radio stations in the region. It was a fun gig in the 70s and 80s, for sure!

kool ! This sounds amazing. I worked for an online radio station for two years.😄 Then I had to quit that to complete college but it was so much fun. 

• Like 21
  • Haha 1
  • Up 2

19 minutes ago, sehrishirfan said:

kool ! This sounds amazing. I worked for an online radio station for two years.😄 Then I had to quit that to complete college but it was so much fun. 

Yup. There's something about being that invisible voice coming out of a box.

• Like 23
  • Up 2

On 7/27/2023 at 11:53 PM, teamandromeda said:

Yes it´s similar what I do now although all those things like apps & internet were not there. I wanted to write books and also draw paintings in them and as well becoming a pianist. (Now I write SEO texts such as blogs, educational material etc) I grew up in a street with music students and my neighbour was a pianist as well, so I sat down next to her when I was 3. My parents couldn´t afford a real piano, but they gave me a casio mini keyboard that time, I think it was one of my first bday gifts I could remember. (I´m a classical music composer). Next to that I liked building houses from lego, so, something with houses. (Me & my now exhusband started building & flipping houses 12 years ago). Yes, I like what I do and hopefully it will earn enough for our family. 

This is interesting. I also write about SEO and blogs. I published a poetry book with pen and ink paintings. You can also work on a book slowly (whenever you have extra time) and create its PDF and Kindle versions. Best of luck!

• Like 24
  • Up 2

18 hours ago, sehrishirfan said:

This is interesting. I also write about SEO and blogs. I published a poetry book with pen and ink paintings. You can also work on a book slowly (whenever you have extra time) and create its PDF and Kindle versions. Best of luck!

I have self-published 20+ titles myself with half of them as eBooks on KDP. It's a good way to burn off some writing energy...lol

• Like 25
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2023 at 9:15 PM, xiveratik said:

I have been doing SEO for 6 years plus. Now I'm moving into the accounting & bookkeeping profession which was my dream when I was at 12.

12?? that was amazing!! keep going. I am sure you will succeed. 

• Like 21
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Right from my childhood(as earlier as when I was in 3rd standard), I've always wanted to be an engineer and build things . I'm more into experimenting with stuff and reverse engineering things. Currently, I am building things that excite me the most in irl. In-fact, even if I were not paid, I would be doing the same things I am doing now 😇

• Like 19
  • Up 1