The buyer let me 1 star review

dandigital3

Question

5 answers to this question

I'm sorry to hear that you received a negative review. I know how frustrating that can be. 

Here are a few things you can do to improve your rating:

• Respond to the negative review professionally. Acknowledge the buyer's concerns and apologize for any disappointment. Offer to make any necessary changes.
  • Continue to provide excellent service to your customers. This will help you get more positive reviews.

I know you can get back to 5 stars! Keep working hard and providing excellent service. Just don't take it personally and always learn from your mistakes.

• Like 5
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dandigital3 said:

I have done my work but the buyer let me negative review with 1 star , and now i have 4.8 stars. This is bad for my work? What can i do? How many reviews i need for be 5 stars again? I have 25 reviews in total. Please help me.

Bad private reviews stick around for 3-6 months. And I assume that public review came with a bad private review too. Since you don't have a lot of orders anyway, I expect this bad review to be a problem for, as I said, up to 6 months.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dandigital3 said:

I have done my work but the buyer let me negative review with 1 star , and now i have 4.8 stars. This is bad for my work? What can i do? How many reviews i need for be 5 stars again? I have 25 reviews in total. Please help me.

I checked your profile, and while I can see that you have one review with one star in the list showing the proportions, I can't see it when clicking on it or browsing your reviews. I also can't see that you have 4.8 stars, but five on average. Did something happen to the review? 

I wrote this post about dealing with negative reviews. 

Just keep doing great work for your buyers, and if the review is still up (since I can't see it anywhere, I assume it has been removed for some reason), respond to it in a professional manner. Explain your side of the story, but focus on the buyer and why they've had a bad experience. Try to learn from the feedback you get. Not every review can be five stars, and it's not supposed to be. 4.8 stars is still a respectable rating. How often do you see businesses outside of Fiverr with five stars? 

• Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Some buyers don't trust a perfect rating until it's made up of a huge number of reviews. I've spoken to some buyers who find that 4.8, for example, seems more realistic and they feel like they can trust that those reviews are genuine, because – let’s face it – nothing and nobody is perfect.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

What's weird is when I go to your profile it says that you have 24 reviews total and 24 five star reviews. Yet, it shows a one star review in the graph and when I click on it..."There are no reviews that match your request."

I had the same thing happen a while back and recommend expanding your reach to other sites while still being as great as possible to clients who might find you here. If you don't get any new activity on your gigs/account, don't be like me and obsessively update them for months.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1