Fiverr PRO 2.0

newsmike

On 7/22/2023 at 10:35 AM, charlsmcfarlane said:

I’m currently building an application for fiverr pro. Do you all think I’m wasting my time if it’s imminently changing?

Is it still necessary to create an intro video of yourself?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

Thanks. I'm new to the pro thing but I'm hoping I will qualify. I guess we'll see. I submitted an application yesterday.

Best of luck!

5 hours ago, dylesto said:

Is it still necessary to create an intro video of yourself?

Nope. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dylesto said:

The video costed me 2 hours to make:( It was also the only time consuming part of the application form.

That's just because you're working in video already. A normal person would make it in ten minutes. I know, because I do the same if my voice is involved in anything. I'm trying to learn not to, so I can post funny stuff on TikTok from my studio. 🤣

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I know they haven't announced the rollout of Fiverr Pro 2.0 yet, but in the last couple of days, I have received work requests from some of the best buyers I have seen in quite a few months. Large jobs, like editing a lengthy business plan or a very long blog article. Looks like something is going on. Pretty cool!

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 7
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2023 at 10:45 PM, danno1950 said:

I know they haven't announced the rollout of Fiverr Pro 2.0 yet, but in the last couple of days, I have received work requests from some of the best buyers I have seen in quite a few months. Large jobs, like editing a lengthy business plan or a very long blog article. Looks like something is going on. Pretty cool!

I have noticed too, the quality of projects that people demand is higher. I got like 10+ messages from Meta, Google and other tech employees regarding resumes and LinkedIn profile in the past 3 days. I have started to get approx. 1 message every  1 hour/1.5 hours and is a little overwhelming trying to respond to everyone. 

I got targeted with insta ads regarding a campaign Fiverr has been running so maybe their doubling down on Pro was basically saying will be invest significant budget in campaigns that will acquire up-market audience. 

Edited by tatjanamitevska
  • Like 10
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, tatjanamitevska said:

have noticed too, the quality of projects that people demand is higher. I got like 10+ messages from Meta, Google and other tech employees regarding resumes and LinkedIn profile in the past 3 days. I have started to get approx. 1 message every  1 hour/1.5 hours and is a little overwhelming trying to respond to everyone. 

Interesting, and thanks for the confirmation! Let's hope it continues at this pace. It will be good for all of us.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

In a few weeks, we will announce the largest update to Fiverr Pro since we launched it, and we wanted to share it with you first as a Pro member.

OK, so that announcement was made on July 5th. It's been a few weeks. I'm hoping we hear something about this update soon! 👍

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

OK, so that announcement was made on July 5th. It's been a few weeks. I'm hoping we hear something about this update soon! 👍

I think Frank said it launches in 1-2 weeks. 

Since I am not a Pro seller myself, I am interested in the cancelled order review thing, which also seems to arrive in 1-2 weeks or so. I think that will have a lot more impact on the entire platform, but hopefully it's for the best for everyone.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

42 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

Thanks for remembering that! He said that on July 23rd, so we're getting close!

Regarding the cancellation thing, I had a meeting with someone from Fiverr 2 days ago and they said the cancellation thing comes in 1-2 weeks, so we are close to that.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

One change I have observed today is that the button which used to exist on our profiles titled as 'Preview Fiverr Business Profile' has now become 'Preview Fiverr Pro profile' !!

But business catalogue is showing all the sellers in a particular category like generic search. Potentially, business catalogue will become a curated catalogue as a mix of Pro and TRS (just assuming).  

PS I miss the header cover image from Business Profile.🤩 It was a nice touch from the FB cover image era of 2012-13. 

image.png.6774a079db88e28446d8671b342edb1a.png

• Like 8
  • Up 1

54 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

One change I have observed today is that the button which used to exist on our profiles titled as 'Preview Fiverr Business Profile' has now become 'Preview Fiverr Pro profile' !!

Well isn't that interesting! I have the same on my profile. I guess they're shifting the Pro setup already. I checked "Fiverr Business" and it is the same, and includes Non Pro sellers. I wonder if that will change?

• Like 7
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

I miss the header cover image from Business Profile.🤩

Yes, I wish they hadn't gotten rid of that Business Profile cover image - hoping as they make changes it will come back.

Any idea if this image will be restored, @Trisha_Fiverr? Or could we put in a request to have it restored? Mine certainly made my Pro Profile look more professional.

Business Profile Image.png

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 5
  • Up 1

38 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

Any idea if this image will be restored, @Trisha_Fiverr? Or could we put in a request to have it restored? Mine certainly made my Pro Profile look more professional.

If we're going to do this can it please be taller? It's near impossible to find a picture that makes sense in a crop that wide but also that short.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, terrygrantvo said:

f we're going to do this can it please be taller? It's near impossible to find a picture that makes sense in a crop that wide but also that short.

That makes sense. I had to special order an image of these dimensions.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

5 hours ago, danno1950 said:

Well isn't that interesting! I have the same on my profile. I guess they're shifting the Pro setup already. I checked "Fiverr Business" and it is the same, and includes Non Pro sellers. I wonder if that will change?

I've applied for Fiverr Pro but not heard back yet. Right now, even though I'm not a Fiverr Pro, I still see the same button but it takes me to my Fiverr Business profile, as before. Perhaps the plan is to combine the Pro and Business thing. That might make sense, considering they recently allowed certain gigs to be posted exclusively in the Business space. Perhaps they were testing segregating them and the plan is to only allow Fiverr Pros to work with Fiverr Business buyers. I like the idea but I hope it doesn't preclude me from working with Business clients. Right now, I do work with some and they're great buyers and always very happy with my work. It would be a shame to lose that stream of custom because Fiverr doesn't deem me a Pro. If this is the case, I assume they'll need to change the Pro admission process. Presumably there's no way that the current number of Pro sellers can accommodate all the needs of all the Business clients?

• Like 7
  • Up 1

32 minutes ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

I've applied for Fiverr Pro but not heard back yet. Right now, even though I'm not a Fiverr Pro, I still see the same button but it takes me to my Fiverr Business profile, as before. Perhaps the plan is to combine the Pro and Business thing. That might make sense, considering they recently allowed certain gigs to be posted exclusively in the Business space.

Keep the application open - going Pro was the best thing I've ever done on Fiverr! Sounds like they have made the change away from saying Business Profile on that button for everyone. I've wondered if they might be headed toward combining Pro and Business - it was initially reported that the Business Profile might only be for a select group of top sellers, then they sort of opened it up in a way that diluted the effectiveness of it, in my opinion.

I never did understand why someone would want to post their gig exclusively on the Business side of the platform. That just closes off a big portion of the buying market that doesn't use that function.

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 5
  • Up 2

8 hours ago, danno1950 said:

Yes, I wish they hadn't gotten rid of that Business Profile cover image - hoping as they make changes it will come back.

Totally, it was kinda nice touch and provided us with an easily VISIBLE avenue to convey our offering(s) succinctly. And we could get really creative with the cover image. 

Like we all know, a lot of buyers don't bother reading gig descriptions or even browse through the carousel of our gigs.  

• Like 5
  • Up 1

8 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

Totally, it was kinda nice touch and provided us with an easily VISIBLE avenue to convey our offering(s) succinctly. And we could get really creative with the cover image. 

Absolutely - this is a great marketing tool, so removing it would diminish the effectiveness of the Pro profile.

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 4
  • Up 1

39 minutes ago, Trisha_Fiverr said:

I think that I read that there was a test that showed that because it pushed everything down on the page, it reduced conversion. If that's the case, it won't likely be restored. 

Spacing of the profiles and how it was impacted by the gig image is a significent factor. If it pushed everything down and reduced conversions, then it's like that favorite sentence you write that just doesn't work. You love it - but it has to go! Thanks for sharing, @Trisha_Fiverr.

Actually, I was able to use part of the image as my LinkedIn header, so I got some use out of that profile image I had made.

Header.png

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1