My Fiverr Career is Over, Yes or No?

elemproducer

So I've been on Fiverr for about 3 years. I've only ever offered mixing and mastering and have been quite successful doing so racking up 1k+ reviews and over $50,000. However, for the last year or so my impressions have been extremely low, almost 0. Every now and then I do get a spike in impressions that lasts a few days, but it is then followed up by months of nothing.

I've tried to adjust the gig, profile etc to no avail. I'm creating a new gig video and getting some pictures done to see if that helps, but I'm not sure what else to do.

Fiverr is/was my main source of income. If it continues this way I don't know what I'll do. Fiverr support insist everything is normal and it's just the algorithm. But I have a pretty good rating and very low cancellation, no late deliveries and a fast response time.

I also pay for seller plus, which I think I will cancel soon as I don't even use the coach feature. And I'm not able to promote my gigs.

Any advice on what I can do would be appreciated.

https://www.fiverr.com/s/Qak2Y2 - My Main Gig

https://imgur.com/zvbqttZ - Impressions

https://imgur.com/AfzdtEF - Promoted Gigs Unavailable

Thanks,
Lewis

• Like 15
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

After checking your profile, I think I can tell you why you have issues. 

A 1 star review, 2 star review, 3 star review all within the span of 4 months..These are public, but you don't really know what people left as a private review, you might have more bad reviews. So yeah, bad private reviews lower the buyer satisfaction rate and the way Fiverr rates gigs. So if you had a bad review, your buyer satisfaction rate decreases and you have less exposure. That's why you have few impressions and clicks, Fiverr gives the spotlight to sellers that keep buyers happy, if you have a bad review you get pushged behind. 

Try to do the best work you can with any current orders, go overboard with the customer service and also encourage your buyers to leave a review (don't influence them in any way as that's against the rules). 

• Like 13
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rajafaayez1 said:

Brother I am a level one seller, For past 2 months I am having the same issue.

Your performance is bad, that is the reality (an average of 1 review/each month). Fiverr puts sellers with good sales and good performance in the search results. Why should Fiverr put your low-prized gigs in the search results when you are not getting orders?

You are disappearing in the search results due to your weak performance. Improve your sales and performance; you will get visibility in the search results.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

After checking your profile, I think I can tell you why you have issues. 

A 1 star review, 2 star review, 3 star review all within the span of 4 months..These are public, but you don't really know what people left as a private review, you might have more bad reviews. So yeah, bad private reviews lower the buyer satisfaction rate and the way Fiverr rates gigs. So if you had a bad review, your buyer satisfaction rate decreases and you have less exposure. That's why you have few impressions and clicks, Fiverr gives the spotlight to sellers that keep buyers happy, if you have a bad review you get pushged behind. 

Try to do the best work you can with any current orders, go overboard with the customer service and also encourage your buyers to leave a review (don't influence them in any way as that's against the rules). 

Have a feeling you are right... Decided I was going to stop giving out cancellations for issues that weren't caused on my end, which has of course led to some bad reviews. Seems I'm going to have to go back to cancelling orders when buyers are unhappy. 

Thank you for your advice, hopefully Fiverr puts me back in the search results soon. I'll try to keep this thread updated. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, elemproducer said:

Seems I'm going to have to go back to cancelling orders when buyers are unhappy. 

Well the problem with that is Fiverr has announced they wioll soon implement a system where if you do cancel orders, buyers can leave a review even if the order is canceled. It was met with backlash, however they said they will implement it in a more seller-friendly way. So yeah, that won't work. The focus I think is to take less order, over deliver and ensure that people are happy, improve your customer support skills and communication.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

Well the problem with that is Fiverr has announced they wioll soon implement a system where if you do cancel orders, buyers can leave a review even if the order is canceled. It was met with backlash, however they said they will implement it in a more seller-friendly way. So yeah, that won't work. The focus I think is to take less order, over deliver and ensure that people are happy, improve your customer support skills and communication.

I was under the impression they could only review the order if they were entitled to the cancellation in the first place. I almost never have cancellations that are backed up by CS so cancelling from my side when the buyer is simply unhappy or has caused the issues/s themselves will mean they are unable to review, or am I wrong?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, elemproducer said:

or am I wrong?

The new measure they want to implement is that whenever someone cancels an order, they can leave a review. So even if you gave back the money to that person, they can leave a review for the order. You can reply to it, of course, but still... it's clear Fiverr wants to stop sellers from refunding, because refunds don't give a cut to Fiverr, obviously, completed orders do. And this type of change will be good business for Fiverr, while also encouraging sellers to stop canceling. If you end up with a bad review anyway, might as well get paid right?

It was met with backlash from sellers, so Fiverr is rethinking it now. But at the core they want more transparency with reviews, so buyers will be able to leave reviews to canceled orders in some way in the future. Keep that in mind.

• Like 11
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

The new measure they want to implement is that whenever someone cancels an order, they can leave a review.

I understand what you are saying, and actually agree. Though Fiverr staff have stated "Reviews for canceled orders will only be enabled in cases of late deliveries (24 hours or more) or lack of response to buyer inquiries (for 24 hours or more)." Which I think is fair? Surely that means orders cancelled due to quality or if the buyer is simply just unhappy with the product they cannot leave a review?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Just now, elemproducer said:

I understand what you are saying, and actually agree. Though Fiverr staff have stated "Reviews for canceled orders will only be enabled in cases of late deliveries (24 hours or more) or lack of response to buyer inquiries (for 24 hours or more)." Which I think is fair? Surely that means orders cancelled due to quality or if the buyer is simply just unhappy with the product they cannot leave a review?

Those can be main reasons. But also if there was enough communication from both sides (a few messages) and a delivery was already sent. Anyway this is the old way they were going to do things, so we have to wait and see. I am pretty sure they will still allow buyers to leave reviews for canceled orders in some way so keep that in mind. Refunding just to avoid a bad review might bring a bad review if they go ahead with this. Still, the idea is.. bad reviews will push you back in search, especially if those are bad private reviews.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, donnovan86 said:

Those can be main reasons. But also if there was enough communication from both sides (a few messages) and a delivery was already sent. Anyway this is the old way they were going to do things, so we have to wait and see. I am pretty sure they will still allow buyers to leave reviews for canceled orders in some way so keep that in mind. Refunding just to avoid a bad review might bring a bad review if they go ahead with this. Still, the idea is.. bad reviews will push you back in search, especially if those are bad private reviews.

Yes fair enough. I'll keep that in mind and do my best to provide a better experience in general to the buyer. I appreciate for your help my friend. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ailia1 said:

Is this Review on Cancelled order update working or Fiverr has not yet implemented it?

Well if you read the first post.. you would see this is postponed for now. It's not implemented, sellers were upset, so Fiverr is trying to revamp this and improve it. My guess is that it will be back at some point, but we will see.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2023 at 12:51 PM, donnovan86 said:

A 1 star review, 2 star review, 3 star review all within the span of 4 months..,

Fiverr gives the spotlight to sellers that keep buyers happy, if you have a bad review you get pushged behind. 

go overboard with the customer service

Agree. Your advice is spot on Alex. Funny thing about these type of threads is that they always make the case that they are suffering from low sales or decreased impressions, and while theorizing as to why, never, ever hit upon the issues of product quality or level of service.

This one, for example, seemed oblivious to the 3 bad reviews in the last 4 months. It was only when you pointed that out did it even enter the discussion. Then once you did bring it to discussion, the OP immediately went to the solution of "sanitizing" reviews to mute his unhappy customers with cancellations, never even for a moment thinking that the alternative of making more customers happy with improved products and services might be the better answer.  

The most overlooked solution on Fiverr seems to be creating fewer unhappy customers in the first place, as opposed to muzzling them once they are disappointed or lamenting the results in yet another "gig de-rank for no reason" post.

I'm just astonished that this is so frequently overlooked. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, newsmike said:

I'm just astonished that this is so frequently overlooked. 

Thank you Mike!

I can see why it's overlooked, because a lot, if not most sellers here want money fast. They don't really care about creating a business and being a full time freelancer. No, they just want to make money fast, and that's the issue. They couldn't care less about customers, and whenever something bad happens it's either due to Fiverr or their buyer. But it is what it is, thankfully Fiverr does push people back in search when this stuff happens so people with higher quality services can take their place.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1