New update: Buyers will soon be able to quallifying canceled orders...but sellers won't?

nikoleta_dev

Just now, visualstudios said:

My point was the just paying for the sinner. From a utilitarian perspective, it may well be worth to jail the innocent, if that means you catch all the criminals. Crime will go down. From a personal liberty perspective... that's problematic. There's no good, definitive answer.

The most honest approach is the good answer. We are talking about nothing more than making the truth visible, not jailing innocents. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We can't assume all buyer reviews left on a cancelation are "the truth". 

No the numbers are the truth, however for varying reasons. When I read a restaurant review I know that some customers had legitimate complaints and some were jerks. But that does not make the case to suppress the bad reviews in order to inflate the reputation of the restaurant. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, newsmike said:

No the numbers are the truth, however for varying reasons.

Sure, so the actual fix for this would be for Fiverr to show the number of canceled orders on a seller's profile/gig. No need for reviews at all.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Sure, so the actual fix for this would be for Fiverr to show the number of canceled orders on a seller's profile. No need for reviews at all.

Great. That allows the buyer to differentiate between the seller A and seller B that I descried earlier. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Exactly. I think this would be a much more elegant solution, actually. The buyer couldn't badmouth a seller just because, demoting him, etc. And there would be a clear distinction between sellers canceling a lot (so, if you are serious and want your order to be delivered on time, probably you won't risk it with them), and sellers that cancel very little. It's a better solution imo.

And it shouldn't be a number either, it should be a %, naturally. "This seller completes XX% of their orders", written on the gig near the reviews. Simple.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 8
  • Up 1

Exactly. I think this would be a much more elegant solution, actually. The buyer couldn't badmouth a seller just because. And there would be a clear distinction between sellers canceling a lot (so, if you are serious and want your order to be delivered on time, probably you won't risk it with them), and sellers that cancel very little. It's a better solution imo.

Works for me. At the end of the day the so called "bad buyers" are certainly spread around randomly and not concentrated on a small subset of individual sellers. So when you see higher that normal cancels you know that they are either delivering poor quality work, or else you'd have to believe that they are some sort of magnet for the "bad buyer."  As long as people can steer clear of these sellers, it works. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

And I bet this system would have far less backlash from the seller community, while providing the same benefit to buyers. Something to think about. 

I don't think so. I bet the same simpleminded and self serving arguments would be made. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shahidmalla1337 said:

From my perspective, I strongly disagree with the recent modifications made to Fiverr concerning canceled orders. The updated terms now permit buyers to post public reviews on canceled orders, which is unjust and harmful to sellers. Freelancers already encounter various difficulties, such as buyers trying to take advantage of them for extra work, issuing threats if additional work is not provided for free, leaving negative feedback, and even damaging sellers' profiles. With the inclusion of this unfavorable feature, Fiverr, please reconsider this change! https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360049982353-Reviews-and-ratings?segment=buyer

What are your thoughts on this feature? Do you believe it is helpful for sellers in any way? Additionally, how do you think it will impact sellers' profiles?

I don't like it. It just gives spiteful buyers another way to harm us.

• Like 7
  • Congrats! 1

3 hours ago, shahidmalla1337 said:

Displaying canceled orders without any explanation may create a misleading impression of the seller's abilities or professionalism.

Indeed. That's why sellers are allowed to respond to the buyer's review of the cancelled order, and their response will be visible on the gig page, showing the seller's side of the story to new potential buyers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1