Why did Fiverr decided to remove buyer requests?

artamusic

Why did Fiverr decide to remove buyer requests? what was the reason? 

Since then, my impressions and orders had been drastically falling. Im getting disappointed, what was the reason or ideology behind this change? to reduce the orders?

• Like 12
  • Sad 2

Because it was a cesspool of buyers that wanted to take advantage of sellers. I've been here for 10 years almost and I never saw a buyer request that would be suitable for me. And mind you, I have a lower price when compared to most writers here. 

Plus, they are using AI to automatically match briefs with suitable professionals. Which is much better, because those buyer requests rarely turned into orders, and they most likely generated a lot of cancellations. After all, many of those people were scammers trying to take advantage... Removing buyer requests was a great thing honestly, and I think most veteran sellers would agree.

• Like 16

On 6/9/2023 at 11:33 AM, donnovan86 said:

Because it was a cesspool of buyers that wanted to take advantage of sellers. I've been here for 10 years almost and I never saw a buyer request that would be suitable for me. And mind you, I have a lower price when compared to most writers here. 

Plus, they are using AI to automatically match briefs with suitable professionals. Which is much better, because those buyer requests rarely turned into orders, and they most likely generated a lot of cancellations. After all, many of those people were scammers trying to take advantage... Removing buyer requests was a great thing honestly, and I think most veteran sellers would agree.

Yeah but the buyer request were engaging me active. now , I have nothing to do except for waiting for someone to maybe write me and order me. And im a level 2 seller with overall rate 5. but since then, my impressions has dropped drastically and its almost 15 per week (for 7gigs in total! ) 

• Like 4
  • Up 1

Hi guys

Does anyone know how can i track down my fiverr pro application status? I submitted it more than a month ago and I send them an email, but I havent received anything back.

Anyone knows how can I check the results and when its gonna come?

• Like 11

29 minutes ago, artamusic said:

buyer request were engaging me active.

Buyer requests were a cesspool of "buyers" trying to lowball sellers. I've been here for 10 years and I never got an order via buyer requests, even if I applied to some. They never liked the "REALISTIC" offers, they just wanted low ball prices.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, artamusic said:

Anyone knows how can I check the results and when its gonna come?

Once you apply, there's nothing else to do. Fiverr can take quite a while until they send a reply, be it YES or NO. Only a few people receive a positive answer, so keep that in mind. But yeah, they should contact you eventually.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

• 1 month later...

Ive been here for more than 2 years. Became number 2 seller with 5star review. I have 7 active gigs and been few months since my impressions (all together) are less than 10 per week! 

Why!? what have I done wront, what should i do to fix it ! 

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated! I know i have to be patient, be active, promote it and etc! i did them all! but I feel like something is wrong!

I see new sellers with more than 300 impressions per gig !

fiverr.png

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...