Does being online on fiverr rank the gig?

charux3d

Question

16 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, carrotymusic said:

Hello 🙂  If you're often online on Fiverr, that's good! Often, buyers looking for the service they need choose "Online Sellers" in the search filter, and there is always less competition among online sellers! 

around 99.99% people are using Fiverr without any filter... so, don't have sense stay online!

• Like 24

2 hours ago, mehadi_va said:

If fiverr is active, gig rank and order is more likely ☺️

Please can you share your data and findings to substantiate your claims.  I'm sure that people are eager to see the thorough research you have put into this. Especially as you have only achieved 2 orders in 9 months. 

• Like 17
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, kawsar_log said:

I think there has a chance to show a gig if you are online!

But how long does the online status last?

For example if your logged in for 1 hour with no activity, websites can detect if an online user is inactive, right?

• Like 17

2 hours ago, kawsar_log said:

I think there has a chance to show a gig if you are online! 

There is a option "Online seller"

Yes, and guess who uses it? People in a hurry. If you're napping while being "online", they'll still expect a rapid response from your snoozing self. Kinda defeats the purpose, wouldn't you say? 

Sleeping At GIF - Sleeping At Work GIFs

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 13
  • Haha 9

10 hours ago, charux3d said:

Does being online on fiverr rank the gig?

I think sometimes it helps also. Because, when I am more than active my gig impression is increasing. Moreover, it helps to get orders. Client looking for a seller who is active. If you stay online, Clint instantly discuss with you about the project. If he likes you, he can place the order.

• Like 17

On 5/28/2023 at 10:34 PM, digiket_agency said:

when I am more than active my gig impression is increasing.

Please explain what you mean by "more active". 

On 5/28/2023 at 10:58 PM, digiket_agency said:

Sir, I show my Fiverr gig analytics... that was happened...

How do analytics prove your claim? 

• Like 17

4 hours ago, digiket_agency said:

Moreover, it helps to get orders. Client looking for a seller who is active. If you stay online, Clint instantly discuss with you about the project. If he likes you, he can place the order.

I've been here for 10 years. I can tell you 100% people don't care about who is online. A lot of buyers send a message to multiple people, and come back in a few hours. I had some people for whom I replied instantly and they didn't expect a reply so soon, they were amazed.

If, and that's IF someone needs a seller fast, that's usually resellers or people in a rush. Mostly those will try to contact people online, but even then they want to see samples, prices. And I can tell you that resellers or people in a hurry are some of the worst clients you can have. They will constantly nag you to deliver, then force you with all kinds of revisions. 

Do what you want, stay online if you want, but it won't really make any difference when it comes to sales. If anything, as a buyer, I would find it very suspicious that someone is constantly online, as no one can do that. So yeah, you might even be pushing buyers without knowing.

• Like 17
  • Up 3

22 hours ago, breals said:

Please can you share your data and findings to substantiate your claims.  I'm sure that people are eager to see the thorough research you have put into this. Especially as you have only achieved 2 orders in 9 months. 

so tall me what to do to keep gig rank .

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mehadi_va said:

so tall me what to do to keep gig rank .

You have glaring issues in your profile that stick out like a sore thumb.

1) You claim to be fluent in English, yet on here you struggle with the language, and your profile is littered with errors.  This tells customers that communication with you will be a challenge

2) You have 2 reviews on your profile.  One of them refers to you as Nick?  This suggests that you have paid for this review which is against the TOS,  and makes customers think you're dishonest

3) All of your profile images seem to be of promises you're going to do, yet I can't see any websites that you have built.  There are two images, but these just appear to be from templates.  Using templates is just data entry in my eyes

4)  You claim to be a ]pro-rated seller'  From where? as it certainly isn't Fiverr. This is another instance where your honesty is called into question. 

All of these are alarm bells that any customer will easily pick up on. So instead of worrying about your rank, I would seriously consider looking at your credibility and how you're perceived by customers. 

If you're not prepared to look inward at your own abilities, instead of blaming the Fiverr ranking system, then you should consider if freelancing is for you!

• Like 11
  • Up 4