Commercial Rights for motion graphics and animations.

majidshowghi

I'm curious about commercial rights in animation and motion graphics.
As an animator and motion graphics designer, do you charge your customers for commercial rights?
If so, could you kindly tell me where and how we can request commercial rights?

Thank you in advance your your time

• Like 5

21 hours ago, majidshowghi said:

If so, could you kindly tell me where and how we can request commercial rights?

If you are a Buyer looking for a service, you can try asking a Seller you are interested in of their policy. If they don't have a response, or cannot answer, you should reconsider purchasing from them.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

If you are a Buyer looking for a service, you can try asking a Seller you are interested in of their policy. If they don't have a response, or cannot answer, you should reconsider purchasing from them.

I've been selling animation and motion graphics on Fiverr for about 5 years.

My issue is different.

I'm inquiring about other sellers' strategies in this regard.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just include commercial rights on your animations and don´t think about it. 90% of your buyers will uses your animations for commercial purposes. Its very rare someone buy an animation material as a gift for his girlfriend.

Buyers will asks you to create animations for the following purposes:

- Animations for promoting products or services videos (obvious is commercial)
- Logo animations (Obvious is commercial!)
- Intro animations (Obvious is commercial)!
- Animations for Youtube (they will show for somebody and Youtubers wants likes, they earns with likes and views, its commercial)
- Animations for streamers (Same as Youtubers, its commercial purposes)
- Animations for games (Developers wants to sell their games, its commercial)
- Animations for music videos (Singers and composers wants to sells their music, its commercial)
- Animations for animated series, cartoons and animes... (Producers wants to sell their animations, its commercial)

Rarely they will asks "Its my girlfriend birthday and I want you draws me, my mother and her familiars singing happy birthday for her"! It is very rare doing an animation for final consumer. Most of all animations done is for commercial purposes, so just set a good price and don´t think about commercial use, because they will use it for commercial purposes.

Edited by chessart_studio
Just saw I spelled wrong some words.
  • Like 5