Deranked gig after a terrible private review, impressions flatlined - Will pausing the gig for a week or two help get ranked again?

domenikbrenner

I know impressions fluctuate a little and that's normal, but currently I don't even get 50 impressions per day on a gig, sometimes not even 20. It never went above again once I received that bad review. 

Not sure if the customer support is lying to me or not, but their response is that the private review I got would not affect my impressions at all (although literally the next day after receiving that bad private review my impressions dropped ON ALL MY GIGS). 

So I do not believe that at all, and I am not sure why they wouldn't tell me the truth, but all I want to know is IF I can do something to get it back to normal and WHAT I can do so that my impressions work normally again?

• Like 21

1 hour ago, domenikbrenner said:

It never went above again once I received that bad review. 

Exactly. Your seller performance fell, so your visibility impressions did as well. That's how Fiverr works. Improve your seller performance, and your impressions might start to rise again. Fiverr wants to show buyers the services of top performing sellers. Be a top performing seller.

all I want to know is IF I can do something to get it back to normal and WHAT I can do so that my impressions work normally again?

Your impressions are already working normally, whether you like it or not. Be a top performing seller -- please your future buyers, and give them reason to praise your work -- and your impressions may rise again.

• Like 19

17 hours ago, jonbaas said:

Exactly. Your seller performance fell, so your visibility impressions did as well. That's how Fiverr works. Improve your seller performance, and your impressions might start to rise again. Fiverr wants to show buyers the services of top performing sellers. Be a top performing seller.

Your impressions are already working normally, whether you like it or not. Be a top performing seller -- please your future buyers, and give them reason to praise your work -- and your impressions may rise again.

I was a top performing seller with 4,9 stars, only bad review I ever got was that singular private one. The impressions are down. They are as low as can be, even lower than when I first started the gigs FOR ALL MY GIGS. And even when I got my 3 orders from the last 2 months!! and delivered well, my impressions didn't change one bit at all. What beyond delivering quality work and getting reviews can I do? I feel punished

• Like 18

What beyond delivering quality work and getting reviews can I do?

High quality work, and pleasing your clients ARE what Fiverr is all about. Achieve what Fiverr encourages you to achieve, and you will likely see an increase in your performance, and by default, your visibility in the marketplace. And when your visibility is low, work to bring in your own marketed customers from elsewhere. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, domenikbrenner said:

This is not a normal up and down

On the contrary, that is, indeed, very normal.

9 minutes ago, domenikbrenner said:

Since then my impressions don't change at all, no matter how much I deliver and if I get ratings.

You only have two reviews in the last month, and one of them was a 4.3 rating.

Just by looking at your seller profile, I can also see that you have a lower-than-optimal rating in the past 60 days. That is likely affecting your low impressions since September 1. I would not be surprised to see at least one less-than-optimal private review as well. 

Merely "delivering and getting ratings" does not guarantee impressions. Your seller performance goes deeper than that.

Edited by jonbaas
  • Like 16

15 minutes ago, domenikbrenner said:

This is not a normal up and down.... Since then my impressions don't change at all, no matter how much I deliver and if I get ratings.

screenshot-20221030-160211.png

It is also worth noting that you are misrepresenting your situation via the chart you posted. You conveniently showed us the 3-month chart that measures impressions in the thousands. I'm willing to bet that, on a daily scale, you're pulling in around 75-100 impressions (daily). A daily 75-100 impressions is not a bad thing.

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

On the contrary, that is, indeed, very normal.

You only have two reviews in the last month, and one of them was a 4.3 rating.

Just by looking at your seller profile, I can also see that you have a lower-than-optimal rating in the past 60 days. That is likely affecting your low impressions since September 1. I would not be surprised to see at least one less-than-optimal private review as well. 

Merely "delivering and getting ratings" does not guarantee impressions. Your seller performance goes deeper than that.

As I have been saying, it changed overnight I went from my thousands of impressions, which went up to 12k in a good day, down to nil, ergo I have very, very few orders. The impressions died overnight because of that one bad review, and since then they don't go back up on all my gigs not just this one. 

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

It is also worth noting that you are misrepresenting your situation via the chart you posted. You conveniently showed us the 3-month chart that measures impressions in the thousands. I'm willing to bet that, on a daily scale, you're pulling in around 75-100 impressions (daily). A daily 75-100 impressions is not a bad thing.

3 months is the max I can put it to, though... And on a bad, bad day on a low phase I had at least 200-300 impressions... ON a good day I could get up to 12k on one of my gigs.

• Like 14

Just now, domenikbrenner said:

As I have been saying, it changed overnight I went from my thousands of impressions, which went up to 12k in a good day, down to nil

That happens -- that's normal -- especially since you have a few blemishes on your current seller performance. Impressions fall when seller performance falls.

2 minutes ago, domenikbrenner said:

The impressions died overnight because of that one bad review

That is, alas, how the Fiverr algorithm works. It will likely recover itself in due time. 60-90 days, perhaps, assuming that you improve the performance issues that brought things down.

4 minutes ago, domenikbrenner said:

since then they don't go back up on all my gigs not just this one. 

Seller performance affects everything.

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, domenikbrenner said:

3 months is the max I can put it to, though...

Then track one month, or 7 days for a more encouraging chart. 😉 

on a bad, bad day on a low phase I had at least 200-300 impressions...

That is NOT a bad day (of impressions).

• Like 12

Just now, jonbaas said:

That happens -- that's normal -- especially since you have a few blemishes on your current seller performance. Impressions fall when seller performance falls.

That is, alas, how the Fiverr algorithm works. It will likely recover itself in due time. 60-90 days, perhaps, assuming that you improve the performance issues that brought things down.

Seller performance affects everything.

I had no blemishes, and one bad rating shouldn't kill your entire profile just like that. A bit unfair, eh?

And how am I supposed to improve performance issues when I don't get orders? That's what I am saying. This is all tied to just one bad review, the private one that is, not even the public one. Fiverr is doing me dirty here. And I don't deliver much, that is true, but none of my deliveries had any affect at all, you can see - it is flatlining, none of my gigs went over 50 impressions ever since, they barely break 25 at times.

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

Then track one month, or 7 days for a more encouraging chart. 😉 

That is NOT a bad day (of impressions).

I can do you a 7 day chart if you want, but you also can just take my word for it: They don't go above 50 and are not tied to anything I do. And yes, 200 on a bad day is bad compared to thousands normally. And 50 or less mean nothing for conversion, especially for gigs like mine.

screenshot-20221103-032503.png

Edited by domenikbrenner
  • Like 14

Just now, domenikbrenner said:

I had no blemishes

You probably have a 4.7-ish seller rating, at the moment, on your Analytics page. That is a sufficient blemish as far as seller performance is concerned.

2 minutes ago, domenikbrenner said:

one bad rating shouldn't kill your entire profile just like that.

But it can, and it does. Fiverr expects sellers to work towards not getting ANY bad reviews. Bad/not-so-great reviews are a sign, to the system, or a drop in quality and performance. It's how the system works. Thankfully, you can recover -- given time.

And how am I supposed to improve performance issues when I don't get orders? That's what I am saying.

Then find another way to earn orders. Marketing your gigs is a great place to start.

5 minutes ago, domenikbrenner said:

Fiverr is doing me dirty here.

It is not Fiverr's fault that one of your clients may have left a low private review. 

6 minutes ago, domenikbrenner said:

it is flatlining, none of my gigs went over 50 impressions ever since, they barely break 25 at times.

Then that is NOT flat-lining. Flat-lining means zero. You do not have zero impressions. You are merely experiencing low impressions at the current time. It will recover in time, and with effort from you to gain more orders, and a focus on improving your seller performance.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, domenikbrenner said:

They don't go above 50 and are not tied to anything I do. And yes, 200 on a bad day is bad compared to thousands normally.

It sounds like your expectations are higher than reality. Perhaps you may need to alter your perspective to match the changes you are experiencing. Fiverr does not guarantee that you will always have the thousands of impressions that you consider to be normal. Reality fluctuates. It might be healthier if you are wiling to adapt to change, and find ways to improve -- in line with that change. Start bringing in your own new customers. Start building a fan base. Improve what you offer, so it appeals to your clients more closely, and, in turn, the algorithm views you to be a more profit-worthy seller.

YOU are the only person that can change your present situation. 

• Like 12
  • Up 2

On 11/3/2022 at 3:39 AM, jonbaas said:

It sounds like your expectations are higher than reality. Perhaps you may need to alter your perspective to match the changes you are experiencing. Fiverr does not guarantee that you will always have the thousands of impressions that you consider to be normal. Reality fluctuates. It might be healthier if you are wiling to adapt to change, and find ways to improve -- in line with that change. Start bringing in your own new customers. Start building a fan base. Improve what you offer, so it appeals to your clients more closely, and, in turn, the algorithm views you to be a more profit-worthy seller.

YOU are the only person that can change your present situation. 

It's this optimistic, upbeat sugar coating once gets all the time, but things have drastically changed from one day to another, and I remember gigs being responsive to changes like deliveries, ratings and changes to the gig - but now nothing has an influence on the low (and yes, under 50 impressions a day is low, very low) impressions a day and they just don't go back up. It's been over 2 months now since that rating. Your condescending, patronising and judgemental attitude is of no help to me. 

I am not being delusional, I can literally see the change from one day to another and I can directly tie it to one incident. And that incident was not even my fault, it was a bad client trying to undercut my own prices and blackmail me with cancellation and/or bad review if I don't do twice the amount of work, for a third of the price basically. I did, to protect my profile, and he was happy with the delivery, said stuff like "Great, in the end it did work out despite our initial issues. But I am very happy with the results now". And my only mistake was, that I gave him a bad review back after his positive public review. I was just being honest, and not even too harsh just barely scratching on the events. I felt other people should avoid him as a buyer, because it was not good. 
And once he saw my public review, he wrote me very angry messages and he said "Well, I still have the private review. I will just rate you badly there then ;)" (with the winky face). And the next day my impressions dropped dramatically.

The customer support is totally ok with obvious revenge ratings, and they tell me that my impressions dropped from thousands a day to pretty much nil the very next day (something, which btw never happened before, I never had this low impressions on my gigs) is just puuuuure coincidence. It's not like the algorithm punished me and banned me to the very last page of the search or something because of that bad rating or anything..

I am being punished without having done anything wrong. My delivery was not bad, I didn't insult anyone, I didn't get paid outside of fiverr - the client just didn't like that I didn't leave him a 5 star review. Despite being blackmailed and undercut, I still gave him 3 stars btw. It was not even a 1 star review.

But I covered this in my other thread already. Point is: I am not being delusional, I don't like being called delusional, and I want to get my impressions back to what they were like before. But despite getting ratings for deliveries, nothing happens to any of them. They have not went any higher than normal, they bob up and down in the same range as they have been for the past 2 months. And a condescending attitude, just because you don't have my problems, is not very friendly.

• Like 9
  • Sad 3

I felt other people should avoid him as a buyer

Hello, total noob here, but maybe someone can help me out. Is there a way to avoid a specific buyer^?

I have seen this concept a couple of times on the forums but when I have tried to look into it, it would appear there is not an approval button when an order is submitted that would allow the seller to vet the buyer? I do not actually know as I have not sold anything on Fiverr, thanks.

Edited by atawin
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, atawin said:

Is there a way to avoid a specific buyer^?

You can mark the buyer as "spam" (if they haven't ordered from you) or block them (if they have purchased from you).

2 hours ago, atawin said:

it would appear there is not an approval button when an order is submitted that would allow the seller to vet the buyer?

You are correct - if a buyer orders from you directly from the gig, you can't vet a buyer before the purchase. However, if issues pop up during the order, you can always submit a ticket so that Customer Support can step in and help.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, domenikbrenner said:

and yes, under 50 impressions a day is low, very low

Well, that's odd, I suppose, since I still get orders whenever my impressions drop that low. Perhaps I'm just special. Or, perhaps I have taken the time to adapt my business strategies to the system, and find ways to make it work for me. As you would be wise to do as well. Research goes a long way toward setting yourself up to ride the waves, instead of letting yourself sink below them.

Like I said, "YOU are the only person that can change your present situation."

Your condescending, patronising and judgemental attitude is of no help to me.

I'm sad to see this sentence, because none of these things were part of my motiviations in responding to you.

And my only mistake was, that I gave him a bad review back after his positive public review. I was just being honest, and not even too harsh just barely scratching on the events. I felt other people should avoid him as a buyer, because it was not good. And once he saw my public review, he wrote me very angry messages and he said "Well, I still have the private review. I will just rate you badly there then ;)" (with the winky face). And the next day my impressions dropped dramatically.

Perhaps this can be a great building experience -- motivation to be a little more diplomatic in your posted reviews. 

It's not like the algorithm punished me and banned me to the very last page of the search or something because of that bad rating or anything.

Well, since there is no "last page" -- since Fiverr is not a rank-based search system -- you are correct. You weren't sent to any "last page". Since the system is match-based, what you see in the results is not what other buyers see.

Point is: I am not being delusional, I don't like being called delusional

I never said that you were delusional. I don't recall anyone else saying so either.

I want to get my impressions back to what they were like before.

They will rise again once your seller performance rises again. Unfortuantely, I have no insight into how long that might take.

And a condescending attitude, just because you don't have my problems, is not very friendly.

Once again, that was not my motivation. And, contrary to your comments, I have experienced the same thing you are, right now. I have been sharing my comments to you, from the perspective of someone who understands your struggle. Things WILL improve, when your seller performance improves. How long that takes will depend upon your actions, and your choice of attitude. 

Right now, anger and bitterness are not going to improve your present situation. Research. Find ways to become a better seller. Find creative ways to overcome the present ruts, work within the established system, and rise back to the top. I've done it, you can too.

• Like 9
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, jonbaas said:

Well, that's odd, I suppose, since I still get orders whenever my impressions drop that low. Perhaps I'm just special. Or, perhaps I have taken the time to adapt my business strategies to the system, and find ways to make it work for me. As you would be wise to do as well. Research goes a long way toward setting yourself up to ride the waves, instead of letting yourself sink below them.

Like I said, "YOU are the only person that can change your present situation."

I'm sad to see this sentence, because none of these things were part of my motiviations in responding to you.

Perhaps this can be a great building experience -- motivation to be a little more diplomatic in your posted reviews. 

Well, since there is no "last page" -- since Fiverr is not a rank-based search system -- you are correct. You weren't sent to any "last page". Since the system is match-based, what you see in the results is not what other buyers see.

I never said that you were delusional. I don't recall anyone else saying so either.

They will rise again once your seller performance rises again. Unfortuantely, I have no insight into how long that might take.

Once again, that was not my motivation. And, contrary to your comments, I have experienced the same thing you are, right now. I have been sharing my comments to you, from the perspective of someone who understands your struggle. Things WILL improve, when your seller performance improves. How long that takes will depend upon your actions, and your choice of attitude. 

Right now, anger and bitterness are not going to improve your present situation. Research. Find ways to become a better seller. Find creative ways to overcome the present ruts, work within the established system, and rise back to the top. I've done it, you can too.

I don't have the feeling that you went through the same thing, that just happened to me. See, I don't believe I am the only one who has ever had experienced this, but my gut tells me that you confuse temporarily low impressions with impressions stuck on the lowest possible point. My impressions, on all my gigs, had up and downs and changed with deliveries or gig tweaks. In this case now there is n visible change no matter what. 

And the algorithm of Fiverr is based on that seller performance, which, if low, means you are shown further down. The best sellers go to the front page, the worst ones are shown last. That is simply how it works. I worked hard to finally make it to the front page, and once I was there I got a lot more orders at once. But the way there didn't start at sub 30 impressions that were stuck. If I changed my gig ever so slightly I would, at least temporarily, see an increase of 3-10 times the impressions. Even if lasted for just one day, I saw a jump. Now there is no change at all. It doesn't feel like it's in my hand any more. It feels like Fiverr decided to blacklist me because I got a terrible private review once.

• Like 9

@domenikbrenner,

If impressions aren't working in your favor, I wouldn't even bother to look at them, at least several months or longer. I haven't looked at mine for a long time now. I think looking at them is causing you a lot of grief and despair, especially since all of the good things you're doing isn't changing those numbers and negative private reviews can affect your impressions for at least 90 days (sometimes longer).

Instead, focus on what is working for you. Organic search is only one way to get orders. There are other ways to get orders and you are getting orders. You also have repeat buyers. You can have a good stream of customers even with zero impressions if you have loyal repeat buyers. 

I like what @jonbaas said above:

On 11/3/2022 at 12:39 PM, jonbaas said:

find ways to improve -- in line with that change. Start bringing in your own new customers. Start building a fan base.

It might be good to explore how you can bring in more customers and convert them into a loyal fan base. Once you do that, Fiverr's algorithm has no power over you because you can get orders without it.

• Like 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2022 at 1:44 PM, vickieito said:

@domenikbrenner,

If impressions aren't working in your favor, I wouldn't even bother to look at them, at least several months or longer. I haven't looked at mine for a long time now. I think looking at them is causing you a lot of grief and despair, especially since all of the good things you're doing isn't changing those numbers and negative private reviews can affect your impressions for at least 90 days (sometimes longer).

Instead, focus on what is working for you. Organic search is only one way to get orders. There are other ways to get orders and you are getting orders. You also have repeat buyers. You can have a good stream of customers even with zero impressions if you have loyal repeat buyers. 

I like what @jonbaas said above:

It might be good to explore how you can bring in more customers and convert them into a loyal fan base. Once you do that, Fiverr's algorithm has no power over you because you can get orders without it.

I don't have artistic gigs that I can just share with people. I have practical gigs, that people look for when they need it.
Besides, it worked before, I just want back to what I had. 

Also I am getting mixed messages here all the time, some say the negative review didn't do anything, others say it does (I personally believe so,too). I delivered more work and got more reviews, and my impressions actually even dropped. So, I don't believe that i can just improve it myself at this point. Generally yes, but I think my profile is on some sort of ban.

• Like 5