order cancelation policy update

zacid1478

Question

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, smashradio said:

If the buyer orders again in three weeks, that could hardly be related, @donnovan86? Sometimes, it might

In my case, it could be related. I had two cancelations last month due to me "discounting" those orders (canceled the bigger ticket order and reopened smaller ticket orders). This was related to third-party changes to the platforms I was working on, that changed what I could offer to my buyers. In both cases, the buyers accepted the smaller ticket orders right away. However, one of the buyers also decided that they wanted to "reapply" some of the cost to a different gig  (beta reading), but wouldn't have the manuscript written for a month. If that buyer decided to cancel the first order completely, and swap it for a beta reading order, then I would probably have a hit to my seller stats. However, in most cases, my cancelations could be covered by this new update. 

3 hours ago, zacid1478 said:

let me know what you guys think

I think this is awesome. My OCR went down to 92% because of the cancelations that I mentioned above. This would help tremendously in cases where I have to renegotiate the terms of the order (and the overall price of the order decreases). Normally the order is canceled and the new offer is accepted right away.

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, zacid1478 said:

i delivered an order today and just got this notification and according to my thoughts this will be highly effective policy in terms of business growth

Not sure if this is real, because I didn't get it myself. 

If it is real.. it's fine but then again, what if the buyer orders in 3 weeks? You still get penalized and there's no protection.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

I got it now as well, so I can confirm that it's real. 

If the buyer orders again in three weeks, that could hardly be related, @donnovan86? Sometimes, it might, but then again, it's up to you who you want to work with. Buyers who cancel immediately end up on my blacklist, unless the cancellation is my fault. 

image.png.f633881228e683d8b8063eb17d2863cb.png

• Like 8
  • Up 4

31 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Buyers who cancel immediately end up on my blacklist, unless the cancellation is my fault. 

I am not sure if you saw my post, but I had an issue with a buyer after his first order and I disliked working for him. I told him I am in vacation and can't work with him anymore. I blocked him, blocking did not work and he ordered again after 3-4 weeks, I don't remember. It was more than 2 weeks though. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

It says "you won't need to involve customer support", which I'm guessing is the main reason behind this, but I would never wait 2 weeks to see if a buyer re-orders before approaching customer support. If a buyer cancels, and the reason is down to their mistake, I would chase up immediately with support to ensure the cancellation didn't affect my stats. I know waiting around for 2 weeks, I'll have forgotten about it and will be busy with other orders, so I always like to act immediately. Great to see the intention to improve cancellations, hopefully they'll continue looking for better ways to make improvements here.

• Like 10