Jump to content

Ranked gigs deranked right after editing them!


kalyar79
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am a level-2 animator on Fiverr, and I create 2D and whiteboard animation videos. Overall, I have created more than 800 explainer videos, however, on Fiverr, I have gotten over 160 projects so far. 

Coming to the main concern, I edited my gigs to add some new information 4 days ago. As soon as I edited and saved them, all gigs were deranked - previously, 3 of them were on the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th pages - and even could not be searched. Even though I have been working on Fiverr for the last 4 years, I am unable to understand why this happened to my gigs.

If anyone of you understands this and can help me get my gigs back in the search, I would appreciate your efforts. Thank you

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My gigs are being displayed as active as per the Fiverr active gig feature. However, I have searched all the Fiverr pages to see my gigs with all the relevant keywords, and none of my gigs is appearing in search on any page

I have not made any violations yet; my gigs are under review. I just edited and updated the title and description. Previously, 5 days ago, my gigs were ranking on the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th pages. They are nowhere now. 


I have contacted the Fiverr team, They are saying my gigs are active, but I am unable to see them.

What's the solution, please? 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kalyar79 said:

How can I get orders if I am not visible to potential customers/

Sorry, I think you misunderstood. It can take UP TO 2 weeks to get back to your normal rank or better. It can be as short as 3-4 days though.

Why? Because it is removed for a couple of days to make sure you haven't edited your gig to include offensive or illegal content, or content that breaches terms and conditions.

And yes, of course it is risky to edit your gig, You cannot know for sure whether it will be a positive or negative impact from the changes you made. This means you should always plan and consider your edits carefully. It prevents sellers from just spam changing their gigs every day, and makes sure changes are higher quality. 

The idea is you should do your research, and only make good, necessary changes that you are sure will be better for your gig, and these should only be every once in a while. I only make edits to my gigs maybe once every 6 months or less.

  • Like 4
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, joyh97 said:

Sorry, I think you misunderstood. It can take UP TO 2 weeks to get back to your normal rank or better. It can be as short as 3-4 days though.

Why? Because it is removed for a couple of days to make sure you haven't edited your gig to include offensive or illegal content, or content that breaches terms and conditions.

And yes, of course it is risky to edit your gig, You cannot know for sure whether it will be a positive or negative impact from the changes you made. This means you should always plan and consider your edits carefully. It prevents sellers from just spam changing their gigs every day, and makes sure changes are higher quality. 

The idea is you should do your research, and only make good, necessary changes that you are sure will be better for your gig, and these should only be every once in a while. I only make edits to my gigs maybe once every 6 months or less.

Amazing,  thank you very much for sharing your experience and important tips regarding gigs seo. Now the problem, my gigs are invisible and not appearing in the search, sould I hold on or reedit them? As you said gigs editing might have positive and negative impacts. It seems my editing has a later impact so what's your opinin? Looking orward to hearing form you!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Give it more time. Always wait at least 10 days before editing a second time. Just because YOU cannot find them in the search, does not mean others also cannot find it. The fiverr algorithm matches gigs with certain buyers. Fiverr isn't matching you with your own gigs, but other buyers might be getting matched. How many impressions have your gigs been getting?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alright, Let me wait for the next two weeks. However, I am a bit confused, when I used to edit gigs before the problem I was facing now, the gigs appear instantly in search after editing. But now they are not appearing. BTW, I have attached the gigs stats for the last 7 days as well as 30 days, take a look please

7 days.png

30days.png

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are still getting impressions, so they are appearing in the search results.

5 hours ago, joyh97 said:

Just because YOU cannot find them in the search, does not mean others also cannot find it. The fiverr algorithm matches gigs with certain buyers. Fiverr isn't matching you with your own gigs, but other buyers might be getting matched.

 

  • Like 2
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What would be your strategy when you have completed over 500 projects on Fiverr and then somehow you are de ranked and you do not get orders for the next 2 months?

 

If youa re a top-rated freelancer or hace experience in this field, you can respond. Thank you

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, this is the insecurity all sellers have. There must be any permanent and reliable solution to this, we all understand, hundreds of new sellers join fiverr everyday, fiverr tries to keep them in loop and and give them chance by de-ranking ( there is no de-ranking word in fiverr's dictionary though) individuals with tiniest mistakes, and ranking the new seller gigs. The biggest drawback is sometimes promotable gigs are also unqualified, leaving the seller with zero response on all gigs and profile. 

The answer to your question would be, have a good relationship with your buyers. Keeps them updated and offer them discounts from time to time, hence, they would be your recurring buyers, giving positive impact to your profile. Recurring buyers are the beating heart of your gigs in such times, and remain online. This will help you in filtration even if your gig is de-ranked. 


Please note that this is my personal experience only, each gig and it's stats will be different from niche to niche. 

My request to Fiverr would be to introduce such system , by which at-least sellers don't have to sit idle for months after de-ranking, just because of an order cancellation. 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2022 at 3:08 PM, artholistic said:

Well, this is the insecurity all sellers have. There must be any permanent and reliable solution to this, we all understand, hundreds of new sellers join fiverr everyday, fiverr tries to keep them in loop and and give them chance by de-ranking ( there is no de-ranking word in fiverr's dictionary though) individuals with tiniest mistakes, and ranking the new seller gigs. The biggest drawback is sometimes promotable gigs are also unqualified, leaving the seller with zero response on all gigs and profile. 

The answer to your question would be, have a good relationship with your buyers. Keeps them updated and offer them discounts from time to time, hence, they would be your recurring buyers, giving positive impact to your profile. Recurring buyers are the beating heart of your gigs in such times, and remain online. This will help you in filtration even if your gig is de-ranked. 


Please note that this is my personal experience only, each gig and it's stats will be different from niche to niche. 

My request to Fiverr would be to introduce such system , by which at-least sellers don't have to sit idle for months after de-ranking, just because of an order cancellation. 

This is very interesting. The only problem is it doesn't work for buyers who are in a niche which doesn't have returning buyers. Example: I am in resume writing niche and I don't have this concept of returning buyers. 😕 

But this is just so sad from Fiverr's side. They should definitely look into this. Am sure there are better solutions for such a problem. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Many people would say you have to wait and your gigs will get ranked on their own. I don't agree with them. I was getting orders and 2 of my gigs were on the 2nd and 3rd page. What happened next,  here it:

2  weeks ago, I completed a copywriting course and I thought I should make my gigs' descriptions more compelling, so I edited and overhauled all of my gis. As soon I did that, all of my gigs disappeared right after that. I asked people here as well as contacted with fiver team to know the reason. Everybody said, including the fivers team, they would appear in the search soon now that 15 days had passed, and nothing changed. My gigs are nowhere. Previously no matter whether I promote them or not, some impressions and clicks appear on the gigs each day, now there are 0 clicks and impressions. I have searched my gigs with all the relevant keywords on all the pages, but they seem to be frozen.

I am very exhausted by the way we are treated here. Fiverr should take into account some of these factors or at least should inform us of the reason for doing so. So I have not made any violation, and I was getting orders as well but after editing, everything changed. 

I have attached this week as well as the stats prior to editing1139480321_7days.thumb.png.7f0243f1086b327c33088f5acac619e0.png177439348_30days.thumb.png.aee544dcc2b332eaabf7d6372928e31d.png1139480321_7days.thumb.png.7f0243f1086b327c33088f5acac619e0.png stats as well.

Is editing gigs a violation?

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, kalyar79 said:

I am very exhausted by the way we are treated here. Fiverr should take into account some of these factors or at least should inform us of the reason for doing so. So I have not made any violation, and I was getting orders as well but after editing, everything changed. 

 

If Fiverr shows what ranking factors are there, people would manipulate the system. It's the same reason why Google doesn't share a list either. 

It doesn't matter if there is a violation. I am pretty sure your problem stems from having a bad private review, maybe cancellations or just other people having much better performance than you. 

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2022 at 6:57 AM, kalyar79 said:

Yes, you are right. Now what shoud I do?

All you can do besides checking to see if your gigs are active as @mariashtelle1 suggested is wait to start getting orders again.

When I want to make changes to my gigs, I never do all of them at once.

Also, as @donnovan86 said, buyers can leave private feedback that may cause Fiverr to not give your gigs the placement they once had.

  • Like 7
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2022 at 7:39 AM, vickiespencer said:

All you can do besides checking to see if your gigs are active as @mariashtelle1 suggested is wait to start getting orders again.
When I want to make changes to my gigs, I never do all of them at once.
Also, as @donnovan86 said, buyers can leave private feedback that may cause Fiverr to not give your gigs the placement they once had.

I agree with you, but it is not an apparent reason

23 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Well, I sent you the link and asked you a question. If you are going to ignore it then no one can help you. 

Hi Maria, All gigs are active and appearing in seach acc to the fiverr, here is the ss

status.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...