Ranked gigs deranked right after editing them!

kalyar79

25 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

Why would changing all of the gigs at once be bad?

That's the thing. I for one never had any issues when I edit gigs, but I just edit a few things, and one gig at a time.

For a lot of people (as seen on the forum), doing more extensive changes will remove your gig from search. And if you do more extensive changes to all of them, that might be a problem. It's not a rule, it's rather random to be honest, but it does happen to a lot of people so..

• Like 5
  • Up 1

55 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

Why would changing all of the gigs at once be bad? When I edit mine, it's typically all at once. Eek.

Typically my gigs only need a bit of editing and not all at once. In the past, such changes to my gigs did not affect them. However, once I revamped most of them within hours of each other and noticed I did not get as many impressions or orders for a few days. So I thought, yikes, I won't do that again! 

1 hour ago, kalyar79 said:

All gigs are active and appearing in seach acc to the fiverr,

Yet, in your screenshot of the gig page, you have some gigs without any impressions. 🤔

• Like 2
  • Up 2

3 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Typically my gigs only need a bit of editing and not all at once. In the past, such changes to my gigs did not affect them. However, once I revamped most of them within hours of each other and noticed I did not get as many impressions or orders for a few days. So I thought, yikes, I won't do that again! 

It's insane how many things create a feeling of walking on eggshells when it comes to this site. I just checked my graphs, though. The times that I overhauled all or most of them didn't seem to have much of an impact. Hopefully adjusting all of them to a 4 day delivery yesterday won't impact them.

If your gigs are doing fairly well and you have the tools to understand the back end more, I can see why you'd be less likely to overhaul. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mandyzines said:

Hopefully adjusting all of them to a 4 day delivery yesterday won't impact them.

I consider that type of change to be a small one. I was referring to completely rewriting gig descriptions to update them. 

If all I make are minor tweaks, I do not worry. Yesterday, I added a FAQ to all my gigs to clarify what constitutes a revision. I do not expect that to influence my placement in the search. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I added a FAQ to all my gigs to clarify what constitutes a revision.

I had to do that, too, in the FAQ as well as the requirements, all at once! You've been here quite a while and still have to tweak it. That's good to know!

Okay that's my 5th post for the day--bye bye!

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, mandyzines said:

When I edit mine, it's typically all at once.

I'm the same here @mandyzines! I edit everything at once - titles, tags, prices, gig descriptions, FAQs, order requirements, and gallery images ....for all 7 gigs.

2 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

doing more extensive changes will remove your gig from search.

I do try to do my massive changes during times when I don't want to be found, like when I know I'm 3 weeks out on orders from my repeat buyers. That way if it gets quiet, I appreciate it and can just focus on my orders.

1 hour ago, vickiespencer said:

If all I make are minor tweaks, I do not worry.

Um ...I also do minor changes a lot.

I think I might be breaking a lot of rules by overediting my gigs and being "Picky Vickie." But I can't help but see issues whenever I look at my gigs. The images don't look right, the gig descriptions could be written better, and on and on.

On that note, @vickiespencer - how do you make your images so big in your portfolio? Mine are really small, so I can't really show my writing samples (only designs).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

Hmmm ...I wonder if I'm bound by different rules. I did try PDFs but the system says "File type is not supported":

I may have led you astray, @vickieito. Now that I think of it, I think I took a screenshot of my Word doc. And I remember that not working. So, I searched the internet for how to make my screenshot into one of the formats required in the picture you posted. I am sorry, I do not remember how I did it. All I recall is it taking a lot of a lot of trial and error.  

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I may have led you astray, @vickieito. Now that I think of it, I think I took a screenshot of my Word doc. And I remember that not working. So, I searched the internet for how to make my screenshot into one of the formats required in the picture you posted. I am sorry, I do not remember how I did it. All I recall is it taking a lot of a lot of trial and error.  

Oh, thanks @vickiespencer! I'll play around with different screenshots and see what I can come up with. I might create some videos as well, since that is an acceptable file format.

• Like 2