Non-Original Standards

mjensen415

Fiverr values individuals' hard work and creativity. As a platform that supports designers, artists, writers and creatives around the world, it is of the utmost importance to us that original work is presented and delivered at all times. We will take swift and serious action against any non-original work being sent and/or delivered as original work.

Please read the following standards as they refer to posted or delivered graphic designs on Fiverr:

https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/intellectual-property

• Like 275
  • Confused 1
  • Up 25
  • Thanks 13

Its a no brainer. What I wonder about is the new rising of AI generated images which is trained based on artworks of many artists. Its not a concern for Fiverr I suppose, but it still arises interesting questions about where intellectual property of art ends and where interpretation begins.

• Like 193
  • Up 11
  • Thanks 11

On 8/17/2022 at 1:22 PM, mjensen415 said:

We will take swift and serious action against any non-original work being sent and/or delivered as original work.

I like that you're taking this to the forum, Mark, because It's been an issue of some debate and discussion on the forum lately....But... Cleaning up the mess of stolen gig descriptions, gig thumbnails, templates and logos sold on the platform will be an impossible task, unless you require these thieves to actually invest money into their business. As soon as they have to pay for something, I'm willing to bet that 99% of them run in the other direction before even opening a gig. It's the reason why they steal in the first place: to avoid having to do things properly. Paywall

• Like 199
  • Congrats! 3
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 5

On 8/19/2022 at 11:37 PM, smashradio said:

I like that you're taking this to the forum, Mark, because It's been an issue of some debate and discussion on the forum lately....But... Cleaning up the mess of stolen gig descriptions, gig thumbnails, templates and logos sold on the platform will be an impossible task, unless you require these thieves to actually invest money into their business. As soon as they have to pay for something, I'm willing to bet that 99% of them run in the other direction before even opening a gig. It's the reason why they steal in the first place: to avoid having to do things properly. Paywall

You have pointed out things correctly. Unfortunately, I do not think it is possible to add that level of security to protect the stolen details over Fiverr. But your skill level will eventually outclass such freelancers. They can always copy your descriptions and thumbnails but they can never stole your talent and skill. 

• Like 162
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2022 at 9:51 PM, veyento said:

I have seen many old profiles who didn't work much orders then newer profile. Then how?

This is just purely guessing, but they might go by how old gigs are - Fiverr might have data on how/when descriptions/etc. were changed. If I updated my x gig in January this year, they'd know I did that, right? So if someone started using the same text in February, for example, there'd be a way to track down the changes to see who did it first. (I mean, that's what I think.)
Volume of sales doesn't always matter, either. A TRS with high prices might have only 10 orders a month and earn much more than a new seller who has 50. The new seller could still be a copycat, even if they sell more gigs. (same goes with younger/older profiles.) 

• Like 136
  • Up 10
  • Thanks 4

On 9/6/2022 at 6:06 AM, katakatica said:

This is just purely guessing, but they might go by how old gigs are - Fiverr might have data on how/when descriptions/etc. were changed. If I updated my x gig in January this year, they'd know I did that, right? So if someone started using the same text in February, for example, there'd be a way to track down the changes to see who did it first. (I mean, that's what I think.)
Volume of sales doesn't always matter, either. A TRS with high prices might have only 10 orders a month and earn much more than a new seller who has 50. The new seller could still be a copycat, even if they sell more gigs. (same goes with younger/older profiles.) 

im agreed with you it's just a hunch but i can see there are some new changes on getting impressions and click, my main 2d drafting gig was going with more than 31k impressions per 7 days, and it was good, somehow all of my gigs endure drops on impressions and click.

dont know exactly what happened but, i know i had a better rates on the first 6-month on Fiverr than these 3 last months

On 8/28/2022 at 3:51 PM, veyento said:

I have a question? On which base you want to find out who is original and how is stealing? I have seen many old profiles who didn't work much orders then newer profile. Then how?

why would it be important ? every one will search for bestsellers gigs to see what tags and words are used. its logical to have some copies from them. and Fiverr only goes for pictures of gigs and check them for copyright.

• Like 118
  • Sad 5
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, ashkarchi said:

why would it be important ?

The whole point of this post was that... it is actually VERY important because Fiverr will take it very seriously not. Plagarism, that is. 

Of course, it happens, but... Fiverr doesn't really want it... And they can shut down gigs for less, so...

(From what I understand, they seem to be scanning desctiptions/profiles now as well... And stolen works, too.)

• Like 118
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, habibaislam_ said:

But the question is how to find  who is original and who is not?

The first post is about delivering non-original work to your clients, and that one isn't difficult. If you deliver a Starbucks logo to your client and claim that it's your original work, well, that's obviously not true.

• Like 113
  • Thanks 6

On 9/6/2022 at 12:35 PM, katakatica said:

The whole point of this post was that... it is actually VERY important because Fiverr will take it very seriously not. Plagarism, that is. 

Of course, it happens, but... Fiverr doesn't really want it... And they can shut down gigs for less, so...

(From what I understand, they seem to be scanning desctiptions/profiles now as well... And stolen works, too.)

Dont know, maybe you are right about it, sure are.

some doesnt like to being copy, some dont care. i honestly dont care about that. there is something else, if someone uses tags and names of their gigs, from 2 or 3 bestseller account, can anyone say that this new seller is a copycat ?!

there are too many different situations that cant prove they are copycat or not. there so sellers might not be happy for being copied but the main thing that is important is they always evolve and get better, but copycats would never be able to be so.

anyway in my situation being copied from tags names or even description of the gigs is not such a big deal, but my projects are different stories.

On 9/8/2022 at 12:04 PM, habibaislam_ said:

But the question is how to find  who is original and who is not?

believe me if someone wants to copy someone else, he/she is going to find someone with obvious achievements like badges and most reviews.

so i think it might be better to pick the seller with the better stats and reviews, and if someone can copy other sellers and overpass them, i wonder isnt that seller more capable than the original one ?!

• Like 105
  • Haha 1
  • Congrats! 3
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes that happened to me I mean it is kind of hard to understand the original creator of a gig and if you go to a category like design you will see many people offering pretty identical gigs. I guess buyers don't pick gigs they pick the person. Is it a student making that business plan or an entrepreneur? Is an HR expert making that interview preparation or a random dude? 

• Like 106
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
On 8/22/2022 at 4:52 PM, tahiriqbalnajam said:

You have pointed out things correctly. Unfortunately, I do not think it is possible to add that level of security to protect the stolen details over Fiverr. But your skill level will eventually outclass such freelancers. They can always copy your descriptions and thumbnails but they can never stole your talent and skill. 

Yes, You said very well, they can never steal your talent and skill 
Also, I would say those who steal descriptions or Gig images should be expelled from the platform and more over these types of people do it in a very dumb way 
they copy and paste details, use images without checking that the gig image contains the name of the artist 

This show how pathetic they are ....

• Like 69
  • Thanks 4

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2022 at 11:09 AM, finndev478 said:

Its a no brainer. What I wonder about is the new rising of AI generated images which is trained based on artworks of many artists. Its not a concern for Fiverr I suppose, but it still arises interesting questions about where intellectual property of art ends and where interpretation begins.

AI is a huge challenge for many of us going forward. It’s a whole new kind of competition isn’t it. 

• Like 16

• Guest unpinned this topic