Make First-Time Buyers Into Returning Clients – Easy Way to Impress Your Buyers Like a Pro!

smashradio

Turning First-Time Buyers Into Returning Ones: How to Do It in 3 Easy Steps

Getting new buyers is fun, but your regular clients are the ones who will save you during slow periods, when your visibility (ranking) drops, or when you need more orders to get out of a cancellation or negative review, hurting your stats.

This method will impress new buyers almost every time, and you can start implementing it today

Here's what you do: 

1. Make sure to offer a valuable order extra on your gig page. This could be rush delivery, extra versions, syncing a voice-over to video, adding music to a video edit or a landing page template to go along with a complete website design. Make sure it's something valuable that buyers will always appreciate, even if they wouldn't spend money on it. Make sure the price reflects that value. 
  2. Without saying anything at the start of the order, include that extra for free to all first-time buyers. 
  3. Make sure to let the buyer know in the delivery message: "Since this is your first order with me, I've upgraded you to my rush delivery (worth 45USD) free of charge!

Don't overdo it; ensure it's something you can always deliver to your new buyers without too much work. If an order came in while I was sleeping, I might not offer the rush delivery but instead, opt for making a bonus version of whatever they order. 

If you do this with all your new buyers, you're almost guaranteed to impress them. People love getting extras for free and it makes them feel special. It increases the chance of positive feedback, sure, but more importantly, it increases the chance of them returning for more in the future.

Building loyalty should be part of your business plan; this is an easy way to accomplish it. 

Bonus tip: Keep track of your buyers. When they reach milestones like order number 10 or 100, give them a freebie, a discount, or something to thank them for their loyalty. If you have Seller Plus, you can use coupons. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 77

3 hours ago, smashradio said:

your regular clients are the ones who will save you during slow periods, when your visibility (ranking) drops, or when you need more orders to get out of a cancellation or negative review, hurting your stats.

I couldn't agree more with you @smashradio! I don't think many sellers realize just how valuable it is to have repeat customers!

Like you mentioned, if you have repeat customers, it won't hurt you when you can't be found in search or if your stats are down. I also get referrals from my repeat customers and some even ask if they can share my gig link on social media (which I'm not active on). So not only do I get ongoing orders from my happy customers, they bring me in more traffic, and I have the opportunity to have more repeat buyers.

Thanks for your suggestions on how to build customer loyalty! It really doesn't take much to give a little more to your customers. You just need to know what they value and provide a little more of it, whether it's communication, or a certain quality of service.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 60
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, vickieito said:

Thanks for your suggestions on how to build customer loyalty! It really doesn't take much to give a little more to your customers. You just need to know what they value and provide a little more of it, whether it's communication, or a certain quality of service.

Indeed. Everything must first be based on the quality of your deliverables and communication. My method can only work if it comes as an added bonus to all of that. But I think offering great quality alone can lead to an "as expected" and "average" on the private feedback, which is why over-delivery is so important. That bonus can be the difference between maintaining your buyer satisfaction rate, and increasing it

• Like 52
  • Thanks 2