Hey Everybody!

There are always the cancelled orders in the journey of Fiverr. Let's share your stories and invite the new freelancers to follow this conversation so that they won't make these mistakes in their journey.

-- I have 8 different cancelled orders. Couple of them were cancelled because I couldn't complete it on time as my sister passed away in those days.

-- Couple of projects were delivered right on time, but somehow buyer wasn't satisfied and he did not accept the delivery rather opened the dispute. Which by the way proved a scam later on.

-- 1 project I picked up in haste; which turned out doesn't fall in my niche. That was a very bitter lesson for me and an example of "HASTE MAKES WASTE"

I hope this post will be very useful for fellows. Looking forward to your experiences.

Best Regards

image.png.f6739b4ab4d2f30a3109573c09fb4038.png--

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

Great topic @iamattique!

I also have 8 different canceled orders:

• 1 Forgotten Coupon - the buyer forgot to apply her Honey coupon to the order. This didn't affect my order completion rate because the buyer did not complete the order requirements.
  • 1 Disappearing Buyer - the buyer disappeared in the middle of the order so I was unable to deliver the order. Fiverr CS canceled this for me and it did not affect my order completion rate.
  • 1 Manipulative Buyer - The buyer became aggressive and demanded things that were not included in the original scope. Fiverr CS canceled this for me and it did not affect my order completion rate.
  • 1 Unsatisfied Buyer - because I was offering unlimited revisions, the buyer was asking for unlimited revisions. I was facing an influx of orders and the revisions were taking 2 hours each day. I ended up canceling the order. This did affect my order completion rate.
  • 4 Misquoted Orders - I underquoted the projects and didn't realize how much work would be involved.  These cancelations did affect my order completion rate.

Lessons learned: Only take on projects you can do, don't offer unlimited revisions, and reach out to Fiverr CS to help cancel orders arising from buyer errors.

• Like 7
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

I have had a bumpy journey so far and have three cancellation. 

1st cancellation: it was my second order on the fiverr and could've affected my account badly and was worth only 10$. This buyer contacted me and asked me if I could write him a small legal letter? As soon as he placed the order, he requested for a cancellation as well with the reason that he's changed his mind.  CS didn't let it affect my metrics. 

2nd cancellation: It was a philosophy project where the customer wanted a report on a specific area of philosophy. He after receiving the work cancelled it due to reasons unknown. (he told me he didn't need it anymore).

3rd cancellation: Funny story; the buyer asked me to write a personal letter and when I did, he said they don't talk like this at home. 

I was baffled as what to do now so I cancelled the order. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 Cancelled ordered out of 272 total.
[Note: In all cases, I contact the seller to agree on the order before I place the order. Cancellations to change price occur after agreeing on price.]
- I initiated it. The seller had opened a dispute to raise the price after I submitted a revision request.
- The seller initiated it. Seller had personal issues arise and could not complete the order.
- The seller initiated it. Seller had personal issues arise and could not complete the order.
- I initiated it. Delivery was about a month late and the seller was not responding.
- I initiated it. The seller had technical issues which prevented them from completing the order, and preferred I initiate.
- The seller initiated it. After further discussion of the spec, they wanted me to replace the order and go down a tier.
- I initiated it. Delivery was about a month late and the seller was not responding.
- I initiated it. After further discussion, the seller felt they would not be able to meet spec, and preferred I initiate.
- Customer Support initiated it. The seller's account was suspended or deleted.
- I initiated it. Seller claimed there was a typo in the price and the order needed to be redone, and preferred I initiate.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

9 hours ago, vickieito said:

don't offer unlimited revisions,

Exactly, overdeliver is a good habit but, never ever go for this option. Good point @vickieito

Secondly, under budgeted jobs are heartbreaking and we should take our time to access the work done needed in the job prior to accept the order. It happened to me too. But, somehow I completed it in quoted budget. Although I informed buyer but, he didn't increased the budget.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, rabihumakhan said:

I have had a bumpy journey so far and have three cancellation. 

1st cancellation: it was my second order on the fiverr and could've affected my account badly and was worth only 10$. This buyer contacted me and asked me if I could write him a small legal letter? As soon as he placed the order, he requested for a cancellation as well with the reason that he's changed his mind.  CS didn't let it affect my metrics. 

2nd cancellation: It was a philosophy project where the customer wanted a report on a specific area of philosophy. He after receiving the work cancelled it due to reasons unknown. (he told me he didn't need it anymore).

3rd cancellation: Funny story; the buyer asked me to write a personal letter and when I did, he said they don't talk like this at home. 

I was baffled as what to do now so I cancelled the order. 

These are some good insights on order cancellation brother! Thank you very much for joining the discussion.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, moikchap said:

12 Cancelled ordered out of 272 total.
[Note: In all cases, I contact the seller to agree on the order before I place the order. Cancellations to change price occur after agreeing on price.]
- I initiated it. The seller had opened a dispute to raise the price after I submitted a revision request.
- I initiated it. The seller had technical issues which prevented them from completing the order, and preferred I initiate.
- The seller initiated it. After further discussion of the spec, they wanted me to replace the order and go down a tier.
- I initiated it. After further discussion, the seller felt they would not be able to meet spec, and preferred I initiate.
- Customer Support initiated it. The seller's account was suspended or deleted.
- I initiated it. Seller claimed there was a typo in the price and the order needed to be redone, and preferred I initiate.

Great sir @moikchap.

Its very great to read the point and views on other sides of the picture. Mostly, I have interacted with seller here. But, its good to understand the issues faced by buyers in this journey.

Thank you very much for sharing the information. 

• Like 4