Got blocked by a Seller for No Reason, Why?

lortui

Hi everyone!

I'm a seller on Fiverr but also use it often as a Buyer and buy lots of gigs.

I've asked for more details to a Seller and was already going to place the order to pay for it.

However, the seller didn't reply and blocked me and flagged my profile for NO reason.

I've got an email from Fiverr as well about the flag and that If I get flagged again my profile may get banned.

I've sent an email to the support to understand WHY my profile got flagged for No reason.

It's quite frustrating since I buy a lot of gigs here and I didn't expect to get treated like this from a seller.

Have you ever had the same issue? How did you deal with it?

Thanks!

• Like 14
  • Sad 7
  • Up 2

I haven't experienced something like this but I've definitely blocked spammy people in the message box (e.g. those soliciting how to get work, etc)

1 hour ago, lortui said:

I've got an email from Fiverr as well about the flag and that If I get flagged again my profile may get banned.

I'm just curious -- How was this worded? This is the first time I'm hearing about someone receiving an e-mail and was aware of the person flagging.

How do you know it was him/her who flagged you anyway? Probably they had a bad experience or you mention that could've violated Terms of Service?

Other than that, Customer Support will have a more official answer.

• Like 16

Maybe they saw that you also sell here and that threw up a red flag for them. Perhaps they were worried about arbitrage, or perhaps they just got a bad feeling about your message.

I got 2 messages yesterday, and they've got my spidey sense tingling, just from the way one is written, including 'how long will revisions take' has me concerned!

• Like 17

Thanks everyone! Probably the seller had a bad feeling about my offer. I was honest and willing to pay right away. I do understand as a seller, it can be quite difficult to trust a buyer on the platform since I've been scammed in the past by bad buyers here, so I can relate to that.

Anyway what should I do to avoid getting any unrelated ban? I don't want to get my account banned for no reason... Worst case scenario, can we contact the Fiverr support to get it unblocked? I've got an email about the issue from the Fiverr team and they said probably the algorithm reported my message as "spam" automatically even though it was not spam lol

I think it's always better to get in touch with a real human with the support team.

• Like 9