Is change in feedback possible?

engr_mariam71

No, it is not possible to change the feedback text once it's submitted.
One thing you can do is reply to the buyer's feedback (every seller has this option) by mentioning the buyer that He/She has mistakenly typed someone else's name in it. By doing this anyone who will see this feedback will also see the reply and will understand the whole scenario.

it's not that important , I doubt that most buyers even read reviews , also he might just copy / pasted that review from somewhere or it's something that he uses and forgot to change the name , it's a 5 star review so don't think about it too much 

There's not much you can do.

It's a ToS violation to ask a buyer to change a review.

At least it was a 5* review!

I think a bigger problem is that I think (if I'm wrong I apologise!) your profile image is not a picture of you.

It is a picture of Mariam Massoud, a person from Birmingham, Alabama, USA.

This is definitely a ToS violation (if you are not Mariam) so I suggest you change it before Fiverr notices and bans you.

https://www.uab.edu/news/people/item/9505-rising-sophomore-selected-for-prestigious-fulbright-summer-institute-in-scotland

2 hours ago, cre8iveartwork said:

I doubt that most buyers even read reviews

I can tell you for a fact that a lot of people do. Because some mentioned my stuff from my bad reviews. So people do read reviews. Not everyone, many of them just look at the average review score most likely, but reviews are still very important. Especially for someone that's newer here.

2 hours ago, cre8iveartwork said:

I doubt that most buyers even read reviews

3 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I can tell you for a fact that a lot of people do

100% they are important and buyers do read them (in my experience).

I ask every buyer why they picked me (all my gigs are consultancy / zoom calls so I can) and 99.9% one of them say the reviews were the deciding factor in making the purchase

Gig image, description or my professional experience attracted them but the reviews closed the sale.

The average rating was less important as most sellers they are considering are 5* or close.

There is a huge uptick right now in fake reviews. I read them all and pay extra close attention to both the source of the review and how it’s structured.

As for the OP’s issue: it’s a hilarious byproduct of having set up a profile with a fake name/genre and having the buyer include your actual name and sex in the review.

*chef’s kiss*

Just now, frank_d said:

There is a huge uptick right now in fake reviews. I read them all and pay extra close attention to both the source of the review and how it’s structured.

Very true! Buyers have also told me that the length and passion of the review was important, if it's short like 'great work' some think it can be fake.

1 minute ago, williambryan392 said:

Very true! Buyers have also told me that the length and passion of the review was important, if it's short like 'great work' some think it can be fake.

It goes deeper than that. There are either bots or a new “review service” where all the reviews they churn out are from “US accounts” with stock photos for profile pics and names that follow the “name+surname+3-digit number” formula.

Sellers that try to game the system: I see you.

I think it might be possible if buyer requests the Fiverr customer support. But on the other hand it's against TOS to ask buyer for modifying feedback. However if buyer knew it already and he might wanted to change, he may request the support of Fiverr. 

Good Luck! 🙂

3 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Wow that's bad. I'm guessing / hoping Trust & Safety would be looking at finding these accounts and purging them?

Fiverr is aware of the fakers, and -plot twist- a lot of them post here asking for help with “low impressions” etc

I am also constantly raising flags with Fiverr staff directly when something fishy is up.

I just became aware of a new Fiverr promotion service that has found a creative workaround to Fiverr’s algorithm.

Guess who is writing a report about it right now?

image.gif.83cdb561c10fd93a26bcb8d7299fccf7.gif

31 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

100% they are important and buyers do read them (in my experience).

I ask every buyer why they picked me (all my gigs are consultancy / zoom calls so I can) and 99.9% one of them say the reviews were the deciding factor in making the purchase

yes perhaps 2-3 out of 10 might read them... to be honest if some of them are not even bothering to read a basic description of the gig I highly doubt that they will read reviews

10 minutes ago, cre8iveartwork said:

yes perhaps 2-3 out of 10 might read them... to be honest if some of them are not even bothering to read a basic description of the gig I highly doubt that they will read reviews

I can't speak for every fiverr buyer, just the ones that buy from me, and over 9/10 say it's my reviews

28 minutes ago, asifhaque07 said:

Buyer left a review of "Always a pleasure working with my brother" with 3.7 in his 11th gig with me. Such an unpredictable turn. Can any of you help me with what type of response should I write in his reviews reply?

A topic has been created about this.

Archived