A really really unsuccessful gig

catsacue

Hiya! I want to tell a little story about my current gig that's just not doing so hot.

I created it months ago, but then gave it up. I recently came back and changed the gig into something completely new and different and put a lot of effort into it. I don't really want to do it for money, honestly. I just enjoy drawing thumbnails for YouTube in general!
However, the past few weeks, it has only gotten 13 clicks and around 120 impressions. Considering how many people look for thumbnail gigs, mine was competing against a lot. I thought that the fact that I was drawing it would make it stick out, but instead it stuck in the mud.
It's a little disheartening, and I'm not sure what to change anymore, so I'm deciding to simply check the analytics each day, tweak it bit by bit, and hope for the best. Although it's unsuccessful, I'll try my best to maintain hope!
Once I get my first order, maybe things will turn around?

This post, honest and deep from heart, is one of my first morning reads and I am thankful for that. There are a lot of good advices for optimizing gigs from top rated and experienced sellers so hopefully you can find something helpful using Forum search.

I wish you best of luck and and don't deactivate your gig. Since you are doing this because you love it and then to make some profit, you are already on right path. Use trial and error method and something will eventually work out. Patience is the key 😌

12 hours ago, catsacue said:

Although it's unsuccessful, I'll try my best to maintain hope!
Once I get my first order, maybe things will turn around?

Here's a post by @frank_d which will probably answer a lot of your questions. As far as I understand, it's best to put a lot of thought and complete your gig draft as much as possible before publishing it as the first few hours and days play an important role in your gig's exposure.

Aside from reading my post linked above by @gajuseidi I would also like to ask: why aren’t you designing a thumbnail for your gig? It seems like a missed opportunity here to both capture the audience, stand out and also give them a little taste of “what could be”.

You are selling thumbnails after all. 🙂 

11 hours ago, frank_d said:

Aside from reading my post linked above by @gajuseidi I would also like to ask: why aren’t you designing a thumbnail for your gig? It seems like a missed opportunity here to both capture the audience, stand out and also give them a little taste of “what could be”.

You are selling thumbnails after all. 🙂 

I actually did as much as I could to follow your guides!
Unfortunately, I think I just need to wait more.
I like your idea though! When I have some free time, I'll try it out 🙂

20 hours ago, habitman_me said:

This post, honest and deep from heart, is one of my first morning reads and I am thankful for that. There are a lot of good advices for optimizing gigs from top rated and experienced sellers so hopefully you can find something helpful using Forum search.

I wish you best of luck and and don't deactivate your gig. Since you are doing this because you love it and then to make some profit, you are already on right path. Use trial and error method and something will eventually work out. Patience is the key 😌

Oh my goodness! Thank you!
I'll try my absolute hardest... 🙂

Archived