How long does a Gig last in the "Newest Arrivals" category?

nonymousdesign

Question

How long does a Gig last in the "Newest Arrivals" category? I am curious. Is it defined by a time limit? For example, my gig has been published for 2 weeks, I still haven't received a single order. Does it still count as that category? Or vice versa, a Gig is just published in a matter of hours, and got an order. Is it also still in "Newest Arrivals" category? As a newcomer, I think this category will be very helpful when the "Sort by" option is enabled. At least, that's in my opinion. So, how do you think guys? Anyone know about it? Thank you in advance - ND

6 answers to this question

"New Arrivals" isn't a category, and it isn't a filter option when searching gigs. It has no known affect in search results.

13 hours ago, nonymousdesign said:

my gig has been published for 2 weeks, I still haven't received a single order.

It can take some sellers months to get their first order. 

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/216701-how-to-get-any-orders-at-all-and-get-more-once-you-have-a-few/
https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/211706-are-you-a-new-seller-this-is-how-you-get-more-orders/
https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/159744-before-you-ask-about-how-to-get-orders-or-no-orders-read-this-more-orders-tips-buyers-first-order-impressions-sales/

30 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

It has no known affect in search results.

Hi, thank you for your kind to answer about it. But I think it has. There are 3 options when you click or enable the "Sort By". You can't find the newest Gig at "Best Selling" or "Recommended" options. So, yes it has the affect in the search results. 

57 minutes ago, nonymousdesign said:

There are 3 options when you click or enable the "Sort By".

Ah, I see what you mean. 

It still doesn't matter much, as there is no data on how many potential buyers use that sorting option, nor how often that leads to a purchased gig. And even though it works to shrink the search results, I would guess Fiverr's algorithm is still in play and there's no way to know why the resulting gigs are displayed in the order they are.

I've read a fair number of Fiverr's Help Center articles and pages, and (to the best of my knowledge) the term 'New Arrivals' is not defined nor clarified. 

I would think one month from either the day the user account is made or the day that the first gig is created or published. But that's just a guess and I might be totally wrong.

---

I glanced at your profile. Got to say, if I were browsing, I would not click your gigs.

I don't think it's to do with when the user account was created. I think it's based on when the gig was created/published.

I think a gig stays in the "New Arrivals" for up to about 30 days (I don't think they stay >=50 days).

It's possible how many orders they've had might be something to do with it though I don't know for sure, eg. most in the new arrivals have no reviews. Maybe when they've had a certain amount of orders they could get taken out of the "New Arrivals" and only shown in the recommended/best selling sorts.

13 hours ago, uk1000 said:

I don't think it's to do with when the user account was created. I think it's based on when the gig was created/published.

I think a gig stays in the "New Arrivals" for up to about 30 days (I don't think they stay >=50 days).

It's possible how many orders they've had might be something to do with it though I don't know for sure, eg. most in the new arrivals have no reviews. Maybe when they've had a certain amount of orders they could get taken out of the "New Arrivals" and only shown in the recommended/best selling sorts.

Yeah, it's possible I think and reasonable. Really a good point of view from you. And thanks a lot for sharing this with us...

Archived