Fiverr’s customer support are doing excellent job! Thank you!

decoratork

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2022 at 1:50 PM, visualstudios said:

Ok, now I have read everything lol.

I've had CS agents contradict TOS on more than one occasion. I've had different CS agents contradict each other. I've had CS agents reply with pre made messages that are totally unrelated to what I said. 

Now, can I get things done through them? Yes, because I have an account in good standing with Fiverr, they treat Pro sellers and TRS's much better,  and I have a success manager to influence the process. But in general, specially for new users, they are pretty bad. And I get it, most new sellers are meksells that are just waiting everyone's time, and filling CS to the brim with nonsense, but still - if you're starting out and have legitimate problems, there's a high likelihood you'll be bundled with all the trash and treated as such.

That’s very interesting to read your experience, thank you! 
-Please can you inform me about your portfolio on your profile?
This happening as you’re verified as pro seller? 

On 1/14/2022 at 12:29 PM, yannisenglish said:

I don't recall a time I had a particularly bad experience with CS so I'm inclined to say they've done right by me. As someone who does do similar work in his day job, providing support and help for users of a system, I may inadvertently be "speaking their language" so they may find it easier solving my problems. Or maybe it's just that I don't have that many issues and problematic clients.

I do firmly believe a lot of the time people just don't know how to phrase their issues to a support rep which ends up making things harder for CS. Being detailed yet succinct with a support request has higher chances of getting the outcomes you want. Also, formatting. Split your sentences and give your request a logical flow. If you think about it, we as Sellers are our own customer support. We like it when Buyers have clear requirements and organize their order parameters.

On the other hand, CS should be aiming to get to the bedrock of both Seller and Buyer issues before deploying template emails that don't help. This isn't a criticism for the reps themselves, mind. They can only do what the company dictates.

All of this to say that when both CS and Sellers approach issues with a collaborative mindset, magic happens.

Exactly thank you for taking time to make more clear your thoughts about a subject who we have all as sellers faced, thanks 🙂

On 1/14/2022 at 1:13 PM, creative_howl said:

In my experience it depends on the agent who handles your query. Some agents are ore helpful than others.

The reason I'm saying this is I had an issue with one of my orders where my client had placed an order in the wrong gig. I was an urgent order in the middle of the night and CS was not available at that time (though I've contacted them immediately).

I had no choice but to handle the situation on my own and perform a manual cancellation without the help of CS since the client insisted that we do that before placing a new order. 

I've updated my CS request and informed them that I performed a manual cancellation and asked if they could fix my "response rate" to which they replied saying they're not able to do that. I responded with screenshots to prove that it was indeed a genuine mistake by the client, and I got a 2nd response from a different CS agent who was able to fix my response rate with no problem.

PS: This was a one time experience though. Apart from this particular instance, all my CS contacts have been extremely helpful from their part.

Also I include screenshots of the conversations with customers when I contact customer support.

It was very interesting to read about your experience!
Thanks for sharing 🙂

On 1/14/2022 at 6:50 AM, visualstudios said:

Ok, now I have read everything lol.

I've had CS agents contradict TOS on more than one occasion. I've had different CS agents contradict each other. I've had CS agents reply with pre made messages that are totally unrelated to what I said. 

Now, can I get things done through them? Yes, because I have an account in good standing with Fiverr, they treat Pro sellers and TRS's much better,  and I have a success manager to influence the process. But in general, specially for new users, they are pretty bad. And I get it, most new sellers are meksells that are just waiting everyone's time, and filling CS to the brim with nonsense, but still - if you're starting out and have legitimate problems, there's a high likelihood you'll be bundled with all the trash and treated as such.

Oh, is that what happened. I too have had to argue the ToS with CS and was told there was nothing they could do about it. The system was programmed to flag low quality work. Which, mine was not and clearly stated in the ToS what is acceptable and what is not. I went through a merry-go-round of CS techs who all said the same thing. The same canned response the system put out. I don't think any of them actually looked at it from my point of view. Eventually my gig got denied and removed. I lost 6 months of built up reputation and had to start over. I did fix the so called problem, I Kobiashi Maru'ed it.

You see I didn't offer a feature in my gig video that "the system" expected to find. And that is a human voice over. I used a computer generated voice over on purpose. That was the offer. (text-to-speech generation). My new gig offers human voice overs as well as TTS voices and at extra cost.

Tim

17 minutes ago, timothykoen said:

I used a computer generated voice over on purpose. That was the offer. (text-to-speech generation).

I highly advise against offering this at all. Text to speech is garbage, and it's free anyway. You do not want to be in that field, even if it's accepted, you'll drive away serious buyers and only get bad clientele.

22 hours ago, visualstudios said:

I highly advise against offering this at all. Text to speech is garbage, and it's free anyway. You do not want to be in that field, even if it's accepted, you'll drive away serious buyers and only get bad clientele.

Thanks for your input. Aren't you the voice over talent guy? Thanks for your support. That's really helpful. However, I feel what you are saying. Most free TTS offerings out there are crap. However, the really good, high end technology is actually very expensive. (Like, $10,000/mo. expensive.)

TTS technology is still pretty young. It's not like it's had thousands of years to get good. My niche, while pretty small is growing. And will continue to grow as the technology improves. I wanted to get in early because it is so new and there is still light competition.

I could go on defending my position but won't. Now I'm incorporating human voice overs in my animations. Which is what I'm really trying to sell. Animations that is, not TTS. TTS was available as part of my startup costs so I paid for it. But fortunately so was audio recording equipment. I also offer scriptwriting, video animation, editing and production. TTS wasn't even supposed to be an issue. Now I have to retool my processes to do audio recording and post production. Which will drive up the cost of my offerings. And hopefully make me more attractive to serious buyers.

Oh well another day in the life of an entrepreneur.

4 minutes ago, timothykoen said:

Aren't you the voice over talent guy?

No, I'm not a voice over actor, I have no horse in this race (directly). I work with video, and I know I won't be using text to speech any time soon. When I need a voice over, I hire an actor.

Yes, someday it may be indistinguishable, and at that point I'll have no preference either way, I'll go with the more cost effective solution. But for now, it's a great way to make an expensive video look cheap. And I'm tired of seeing videos popping up everywhere with text to speech voices, it's a big turn off. 

As for there being high end offerings costing 10k... I highly doubt I couldn't tell them from the real thing, and at that price point it doesn't make sense either way, you may as well go with a real human.

On 2/7/2022 at 10:22 AM, visualstudios said:

Yes, someday it may be indistinguishable, and at that point I'll have no preference either way, I'll go with the more cost effective solution. But for now, it's a great way to make an expensive video look cheap. And I'm tired of seeing videos popping up everywhere with text to speech voices, it's a big turn off. 

As for there being high end offerings costing 10k... I highly doubt I couldn't tell them from the real thing, and at that price point it doesn't make sense either way, you may as well go with a real human.

I hear ya. That indistinguishable TTS sound isn't just around the corner, it's here already. Problem is the technology is brand new and it isn't perfect, yet. And you need a lot of server space and it does cost $10,000/mo for the good stuff. However, the way around that huge cost is to partner with a high tech company that has the money and sells the software as a service.

And just very recently text to human voice over technology has emerged. I'm talking brand new artificially intelligent technology. Not saying human voice overs will go extinct. Just that TTS technology is growing up fast. I am glad I got in when the technology is new. I should be well postitioned when the technology takes off.

Also I should mention that paying an actor a one time fee everytime is a hassle Especially when I can create all the voice overs I want for one low cost (about $500 to me) payment. I teamed up with many like minded entrepreneurs who purchased a license to integrate into our own applications. Thats where the high cost comes from paying for the server time and space on a super computer.

But like you said, sometimes you should go with a human voice actor. Just makes sense (and sounds better). Building my sound booth today.

Tim

Archived