Soliciting advice regarding buyer's request being much bigger than what he paid for

cs_evans

Question

Good day, all.  I am soliciting advice from those experienced with managing potential cancelations. 

I submitted a custom offer to a buyer, which he accepted, to voice over 150 words for $5.  The buyer accepted the offer but sent a script of approximately 2,000 words.

What is the best way to manage this so as not to impact my Fiverr ranking/status?

Thank you

9 answers to this question

First of all contact the buyer and tell him that if he wants you to voice over more words than what you initially agreed upon, he's gonna have to pay more (you can send him an extra within the offer page itself).

If he doesn't accept or if you don't want to proceed with the order, you can contact Customer Support and explain the situation to them, they will cancel the order without it affecting your stats.

edit: Something similar happened to me, buyer accepted my offer from Buyer Requests and tried to get more work done for the initial offer. I contacted CS and the order was cancelled without ruining my completion rate.

If he only purchased a recording of up to 150 words, then that is all the words he should receive...Of course, the buyer will likely be ticked off that you didn't submit to his ridiculous demands.

The buyer is obviously deceptive (or outright fraudulent). Notify the buyer in a polite manner that there is a LARGE discrepancy in terms of the scope of what was paid for and state how much it would cost to properly accommodate the entire script. If the buyer doesn't respond or throws a tantrum, the best course of action would likely be to contact CS for a cancellation instead of further dealing with an unreasonable buyer for such a pithy amount of money.

17 minutes ago, enunciator said:

The buyer is obviously deceptive (or outright fraudulent). Notify the buyer in a polite manner that there is a LARGE discrepancy in terms of the scope of what was paid for and state how much it would cost to properly accommodate the entire script.

And I would also add that you should also send a custom offer for the missing amount right after your message. 

You can also give him a choice aka “I sent you an offer to cover the rest of 1850words or we can proceed with the VO of the first 150 words in your script as per your order. Please let me know which option you prefer”. 

I prefer sending offer right away before waiting for their answer as that leaves less choice for them to say no or throw a tantrum (if it’s a reasonable person) 

if they don’t agree for any of those two options then you should reach out to support and ask them to cancel that order on your behalf for xyz reasons 

29 minutes ago, azadfardin01 said:

First of all contact the buyer and tell him that if he wants you to voice over more words than what you initially agreed upon, he's gonna have to pay more (you can send him an extra within the offer page itself).

If he doesn't accept or if you don't want to proceed with the order, you can contact Customer Support and explain the situation to them, they will cancel the order without it affecting your stats.

edit: Something similar happened to me, buyer accepted my offer from Buyer Requests and tried to get more work done for the initial offer. I contacted CS and the order was cancelled without ruining my completion rate.

Thanks a lot, Very help full

25 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

And I would also add that you should also send a custom offer for the missing amount right after your message. 

You can also give him a choice aka “I sent you an offer to cover the rest of 1850words or we can proceed with the VO of the first 150 words in your script as per your order. Please let me know which option you prefer”. 

I prefer sending offer right away before waiting for their answer as that leaves less choice for them to say no or throw a tantrum (if it’s a reasonable person) 

if they don’t agree for any of those two options then you should reach out to support and ask them to cancel that order on your behalf for xyz reasons 

Most Important topic, thanks

2 hours ago, cs_evans said:

Good day, all.  I am soliciting advice from those experienced with managing potential cancelations. 

I submitted a custom offer to a buyer, which he accepted, to voice over 150 words for $5.  The buyer accepted the offer but sent a script of approximately 2,000 words.

What is the best way to manage this so as not to impact my Fiverr ranking/status?

Thank you

I would suggest you send him a message and say this:

"It appears you have attached the wrong script. This has 2000 words vice 150. Please provide the correct script, as quickly as possible, so that I can get started.

If this is the correct script, I will need to send you a custom offer of $xx to make up for the xxxx word discrepancy. "

If they don't respond in 24 hours, contact support, have them cancel, then block.

I've attached wrong pictures and stuff by accident to sellers before.

2 hours ago, enunciator said:

If he only purchased a recording of up to 150 words, then that is all the words he should receive...Of course, the buyer will likely be ticked off that you didn't submit to his ridiculous demands.

That complies with the TOS though, insulating you from the cancellation option.  "Thanks for your order of the 150 word test on your 2,000 word script.  Your test is attached, and if you wish to proceed, let me know and I'll send a gig extra for the remainder."  >DELIVER

Thanks to all who replied.  I had actually performed the steps mentioned before posting here, i.e., communicate to the seller the quote was for 150 words, give them an additional quote for the balance of the words, and indicated I would perform the first 150 words for the quoted price.  The buyer was polite, and accepted responsibility, but declined any of the options.  Subsequently I sent a message to both the support team and my Seller Plus advisor asking for best options to correct the issue and maintain my good ratings.  Within about 10 minutes the customer support team had cancelled the order.  I am currently waiting to hear back from my advisor to make sure this isn't going to be negatively impactful.  I will reply back here with the ultimate resolution to this, in the hopes it helps someone else in the future. 

Archived