Can the buyer use my work if they cancel the order ?

aslanstores

does the buyer have the right to use the work i sent after they cancelled the order , cause i had some problems in my life which i couldnot solve so i was late but i told them i would do more designs and videos for them for free so they will be satisfied and happy with the work , but now they cancelled and they are using the logo and everything i did for them 

If you delivery your order and buyer see your output or delivery files and put this order in revisions after check then he/she use your work. Actually its depend on your service, cause if you provide design service then after accept the final delivery output buyer seen his/her final design without watermark. But other service al like coding or digital marketing service there is know way to protect your work before canceling the order.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have already sent him/her your workings, then obviously they have the copy of the work done. However, the final delivery will not be received once the order is cancelled. Actually, it's quite a technical issue to deal with depending on the communication and vibes you get from the buyer. 

On 11/24/2021 at 1:33 PM, aslanstores said:

does the buyer have the right to use the work i sent after they cancelled the order , cause i had some problems in my life which i couldnot solve so i was late but i told them i would do more designs and videos for them for free so they will be satisfied and happy with the work , but now they cancelled and they are using the logo and everything i did for them 

Sorry about the problems you had. Hope it's been solved

Well from your statement, you claimed to offer the buyer free designs to cover-up for the deadline missed. So the buyer isnt at fault by using your work

On 11/24/2021 at 6:03 PM, aslanstores said:

Always add watermark to your designs. 

• 2 weeks later...

No, a buyer cannot use your design if they canceled their order. Why? It's because they do not own it yet and they don't have permission to use it on anything. Also, please don't say that you will do free works for a buyer so that they can be satisfied and happy. You should only work for free if the buyer gave you an opportunity to prove yourself if you're a designer that can do the job they are looking for. But you should also know your worth as a freelancer/designer. Best of luck!

On 11/24/2021 at 9:54 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

No, they can’t use your work unless they paid for it. If they cancelled an order then they also lost rights to use your work 

That is true but I do not believe that the seller has his work registered to claim the violation of its rights. And in this case if they will be able to use your work without retaliation. He must activate the watermarks before delivering a project, it is his only protection against job theft.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2021 at 2:54 PM, mariashtelle1 said:

No, they can’t use your work unless they paid for it. If they cancelled an order then they also lost rights to use your work 

They cannot use your work but cant protect your idea behind your work. Ive been doing this since a long time and ive seen a lot. here is the drill

1. you work.

2. you dont get paid. complains and reason to cancel.

3. cancel.

4. hire a newbie that  will vectorize, redraw, recreate your logo,work, everything ( for the price of 10 bucks)

5. problem solved 🙂

Now let me tell you the good side of this kind of theft. Ive got several cases in the past where clients, who told me that i delivered terrible work, actually USE my work on their webpages or other portals WITH THE WATERMARK.  What i win from this? -

TRAFFIC!

The artwork got exposed to thousands of people, they like the work and they saw the fiverr watermark.

And yeah, i lost some bucks with that client and the cancelled order but i got new 20 clients who are willing to work correctly  🙂

So, when you loose something you don`t know what you win.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, badsha1992 said:

but what will I do when they use it. 

Depends on your service 🤷‍♀️
Reach out to support and ask them to contact a client to remove your work. 
Contact hosting website to file a copyright claim to remove content

if it’s writing or video services you can post yourself so your client can’t post it or will be penalised for copied content etc   

Archived