Fiverr deleted my most popular gig... I am completely lost

shyannemowry

Question

Hello! 

I have been thinking about changing my gig title for better SEO ranking and overall gig quality for the past week, so I did just that. I awoke this morning with a full plan for changing my gig title, including a few sample PDFs. However, not even 5 seconds after clicking the "save" button to change the title, I received an email informing me that my gig had been flagged for "offering services that are not allowed in our marketplace." Then I received another notification that my gig had been removed. My most valuable and high-ranking gig was removed. The reason for the removal is completely invalid. 

A little background: I am a copy editor for essays and articles, and I discovered that changing my title would allow me to target a smaller/specific audience rather than a larger one, if that makes sense.

I am posting on the Fiverr forum to see if anyone has had this happen before, and if you think it is possible to reactivate this gig. 

I have contacted Fiverr via email, so I'm waiting for their response! 

I have also attached the two notifications I received from Fiverr. 

2021-11-09 (3).png

2021-11-09 (5).png

• Like 43
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 40
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2021 at 8:12 PM, shyannemowry said:

Also, I have many competitors who have that key word in their title.

This doesn't really mean much , it means that they were not caught yet , just to be safe simply remove anything related to academic work and you should be fine . 

On 11/13/2021 at 6:56 AM, hk_wordpress said:

Academic( school/college/university) Work is prohibited. But How Fiverr likes it for the particular people !!

it's not . There are thousands of gigs on Fiverr , no one has time to check all of them , eventually those who break the rules are caught , it's not something instant 

On 11/13/2021 at 6:56 AM, hk_wordpress said:

I am really confused about the evaluation and the choice of Fiverr. 

Also this is something automatic , no one gives that badge after checking the gig , it's based on hidden metrics / reviews and so on 

• Like 33
  • Up 4

I'm sure someone on the forum once said proofreading academic work was allowed. Though maybe it's no longer allowed.

Maybe it was the editing or copy editing of academic work that wasn't allowed.

That gig's FAQ had said:

Can you edit my college application or admissions essay?

Without a doubt! I can edit any type of essay, from personal statements to common app essays...

So that FAQ could also have been why the gig was deleted (maybe they checked that and the new gig title). You could contact support about it through the helpdesk if needed.

What I don't understand is why they've allowed a Pro gig that says "edit and proofread your ... or academic essay". Surely that's a similar thing and Pro gigs are supposedly checked more than others.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 38

40 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

I'm sure someone on the forum once said proofreading academic work was allowed. Though maybe it's no longer allowed.

Maybe it was the editing or copy editing of academic work that wasn't allowed.

That gig's FAQ had said:

So that FAQ could also have been why the gig was deleted (maybe they checked that and the new gig title). You could contact support about it through the helpdesk if needed.

What I don't understand is why they've allowed a Pro gig that says "edit and proofread your ... or academic essay". Surely that's a similar thing and Pro gigs are supposedly checked more than others.

Thank you for your reply! -- I emailed them, so I am hoping they respond with a valid reason so that I can avoid this issue in the future. The only thing I could think of is the use of "college" in my gig title. However, other sellers are using "high school essay" or even bluntly saying "academic essay." Not to mention, they've been selling on the platform for years. The TOS is certainly confusing for this situation, but thanks for your feedback! 

• Like 35

39 minutes ago, shyannemowry said:

Thanks for your reply! I'm not too sure if "essays" triggered the system being that I have been offering "essay" editing since June of this year. Also, I have many competitors who have that key word in their title. I was thinking it was "college" that triggered the system. But then again, other competitors are also using "college" and other academic words in their title (view the attached screenshot). It's very confusing, but as you said, I don't think I'm getting my gig back.

Yes its quite confusing, that has been a topic in the forum for quite some time now and no one has gotten to the bottom of why some gigs get removed and others just stay as they are... (even if they aren't violating any ToS).. I hope Customer Support will respond to you soon, so things will be clearer!

• Like 34

3 hours ago, theratypist said:

Yes its quite confusing, that has been a topic in the forum for quite some time now and no one has gotten to the bottom of why some gigs get removed and others just stay as they are... (even if they aren't violating any ToS).. I hope Customer Support will respond to you soon, so things will be clearer!

Just an update: they restored my gig. They never told me the reason why; I'm guessing it was some system mistake. Thank you for your hopes! :)

• Like 44
  • Up 5

34 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Its most likely the keyword "essays" that got the system triggered. This is linked to academic work, and you may or may not have been handling academic work. But that is usually what happens to those kind of gigs. I don't think you're getting your gig back.

Thanks for your reply! I'm not too sure if "essays" triggered the system being that I have been offering "essay" editing since June of this year. Also, I have many competitors who have that key word in their title. I was thinking it was "college" that triggered the system. But then again, other competitors are also using "college" and other academic words in their title (view the attached screenshot). It's very confusing, but as you said, I don't think I'm getting my gig back.

2021-11-09 (7).png

• Like 35

2 hours ago, shawalshajib said:

That's why it's always best not edit your gig when it is well positioned.

Thank you for your comment. If it can position me higher and give me better results, then sure enough I will edit it. However, I do understand where you're coming from. -- Fiverr support actually emailed me and restored my gig. I honestly thought they would come up with an invalid reason; seems like it was some system mistake. 

• Like 30

Guest dorcas2001

Some key words don't work together e.g. write and any academic related keyword eg Thesis, essay, dissertation etc. For the safety of your account you have to refrain from academic related keywords both in your conversations, description, titles etc. If you have to use them make sure you are editing , tutoring etc and the gig must be on the categories related to wiring  and tutoring

You are good you didn't have a warning. Currently your account has only one more warning.

I hope I help on this issue.

On 11/19/2021 at 10:22 AM, dorcas2001 said:

Some key words don't work together e.g. write and any academic related keyword eg Thesis, essay, dissertation etc. For the safety of your account you have to refrain from academic related keywords both in your conversations, description, titles etc. If you have to use them make sure you are editing , tutoring etc and the gig must be on the categories related to wiring  and tutoring

You are good you didn't have a warning. Currently your account has only one more warning.

I hope I help on this issue.

Here in DO's and Don'ts it says buyers are welcome to share completed document project paper, essay, dissertation to be proof read, but still is there a chance of getting denial? I thought I will do proof read as a gig, but now I am thinking what to do, already I have got one gig denial, if I get one more probably they might suspend my account or ban my account

The Dos

• You are welcome to purchase tutoring services from a seller to refine your knowledge in a specific subject. 
  • You are welcome to share a completed document, such as a project paper, essay, dissertation, and so on, for it to be proofread by one of our sellers. 

The Don’ts

• Do not ask for academic work. This includes but is not limited to:
    • Homework
    • Academic papers
    • Bibliographies
  • Do not request sellers to perform academic institution application services. This includes but is not limited to:
    • Writing and completing college applications
    • Writing letters of recommendation

If you violate these guidelines and attempt to purchase academic services, it could lead to a warning and, eventually, your account being disabled. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Hello

Taking up the academic work related project is against Fiverr TOS

The Don’ts

• Do not offer academic-related services. This includes but is not limited to: 
    • Homework
    • Academic papers
    • Bibliographies
  • Do not offer academic institution application services. This includes but is not limited to:
    • Writing and completing college applications
    • Writing letters of recommendation

If you violate these guidelines and offer academic services, it could lead to your account being disabled.

• Like 12

On 11/9/2021 at 10:18 PM, shyannemowry said:

Hello! 

I have been thinking about changing my gig title for better SEO ranking and overall gig quality for the past week, so I did just that. I awoke this morning with a full plan for changing my gig title, including a few sample PDFs. However, not even 5 seconds after clicking the "save" button to change the title, I received an email informing me that my gig had been flagged for "offering services that are not allowed in our marketplace." Then I received another notification that my gig had been removed. My most valuable and high-ranking gig was removed. The reason for the removal is completely invalid. 

A little background: I am a copy editor for essays and articles, and I discovered that changing my title would allow me to target a smaller/specific audience rather than a larger one, if that makes sense.

I am posting on the Fiverr forum to see if anyone has had this happen before, and if you think it is possible to reactivate this gig. 

I have contacted Fiverr via email, so I'm waiting for their response! 

I have also attached the two notifications I received from Fiverr. 

2021-11-09 (3).png

2021-11-09 (5).png

It's also happened with me I also changed my best sellers gig I just wanted to modify my gig and when I click to "save" button the same email I received it's too disappointing for me🥺 and even i msg to fiver helpline but they said same as email I have received it's my 2 time that happened.. first fiver delete my business card gig then they removed my another gig now am not gonna make any gig or not gonna modifying again if someone tell me the solution I'll be thankful ☺️ why even i make gig myself it's not a copy right issue.. didn't understand what happened to me in 2 time..😔

• Like 22

Guest dorcas2001
On 11/10/2021 at 1:20 AM, shyannemowry said:

Thank you for your comment. If it can position me higher and give me better results, then sure enough I will edit it. However, I do understand where you're coming from. -- Fiverr support actually emailed me and restored my gig. I honestly thought they would come up with an invalid reason; seems like it was some system mistake. 

Was it restored as edited?

Guest dorcas2001
On 11/13/2021 at 7:56 AM, hk_wordpress said:

@shyannemowry I agree with you.

I am really confused about the evaluation and the choice of Fiverr. 

image.png.97c4b465ceb514255363c261307043c3.png

Academic( school/college/university) Work is prohibited. But How Fiverr likes it for the particular people !!

The key word here is proofread and edit... What they don't condone is impersonation. Or working in position of a student

It's likely the keyword "essays" that caused this content to be flagged. This is an academic keyword, and you may or may not have been handling academic work. But usually, when there are keywords related to essays in a project description, it automatically sets off red flags which can end up disqualifying you for the gig. I don't know if this was your intention, but it's possible that this could disqualify you for future gigs as well. It takes 15 minutes to write 120 school essay words at 1 cent per word - if someone offered that lifetime guarantee, would you accept?

• Like 10