Is fiverr actively promoting platform?

freddysaint

Hi there.

I noticed that freelancers in my category are not getting as much orders/clicks/impressions as they used to.Even people who are ranked well and can be found using different keywords are not getting messages from new clients.I cant say it about all niches since eCommerce is doing well as far as i can see.

Can it be due to  the end of some marketing campaign ?I dont see any facebook ads or ig ads from fiverr anymore.I know that at one point there were billboards,youtube campaigns,Instagram and Facebook promotions etc all happening at the same time bringing in a ton of traffic.Currently i hear that most of the guys in my niche are living on repeated buyers and haven't had a single new client approaching them for a month or so 🙂 I am aware that as a freelancers we should find ways to get new clients etc just wanted to find out if you are experiencing similar things in your service category.Let me know 🙂

I believe that the Fiverr algorithm is constantly changing. Therefore, I do not think that everyone's impressions increase or decrease at the same rate. Which is something that has been bothering me for a while because there is a really limited opportunity as advertising tools. It seems like it needs to be more than that to reach the potential customer.

13 hours ago, freddysaint said:

I dont see any facebook ads or ig ads from fiverr anymore.

I see Fiverr ads on television and as Youtube ads all the time. Fiverr is definitely still marketing their platform, and they are doing so in/on high-visibility markets and platforms. It's also worth noting that just because YOUR gigs aren't seeing traffic, or you don't perceive traffic to your competitors, does not mean the Fiverr has stopped promoting their platform. Fiverr doesn't focus on promoting off-site traffic to you (or any other seller) -- that's your job. Fiverr promotes their platform, and encourage those to are inspired by their advertising, to do their own searching on this site.

Perhaps fewer people are looking for services like yours, or, perhaps the competition is more intense, and searchers are choosing to hire your competitors.

4 hours ago, jonbaas said:

I see Fiverr ads on television and as Youtube ads all the time. Fiverr is definitely still marketing their platform, and they are doing so in/on high-visibility markets and platforms. It's also worth noting that just because YOUR gigs aren't seeing traffic, or you don't perceive traffic to your competitors, does not mean the Fiverr has stopped promoting their platform. Fiverr doesn't focus on promoting off-site traffic to you (or any other seller) -- that's your job. Fiverr promotes their platform, and encourage those to are inspired by their advertising, to do their own searching on this site.

Perhaps fewer people are looking for services like yours, or, perhaps the competition is more intense, and searchers are choosing to hire your competitors.

Which state are you from? maybe they are promoting there service in that state currently.Of course fiverr is still promoting the platform,but like every company they have certain campaigns for certain period of time.Completion in my service category has always been intense but like i said amount of orders decreed for most of the people (Who are top dogs in the game) you can still find me or other guys on top of search results by typing almost any keyword related to our service.

Also even though its our job to promote our service and hunt for buyers (fiverr itself promotes themself as a platform where freelancers dont need to do that) Thats the difference from upwork etc plus if your only use fiverr for transaction purposes than thats hell of expensive transaction

2 hours ago, freddysaint said:

Which state are you from? maybe they are promoting there service in that state currently.

My home state doesn't matter. Fiverr is clearly advertising across the USA. Their ads are on national television networks, and available for viewer matching on Youtube. Like I said, just because YOU don't see ads in your daily life, does not mean they aren't out there being seen by other people.

Completion in my service category has always been intense but like i said amount of orders decreed for most of the people

I find it hard to believe that you are watching all the other gigs in your service category to see how many orders they receive. Surely you have more productive projects to work on?

you can still find me or other guys on top of search results by typing almost any keyword related to our service.

Great! Then why are you complaining? Clearly everything is working as it should. You just have a lull in orders right now. It happens to everyone.

even though its our job to promote our service and hunt for buyers (fiverr itself promotes themself as a platform where freelancers dont need to do that)

I guarantee that Fiverr has never said, "join Fiverr as a freelancer, and we'll do all the work to make you successful." That's not how Fiverr works.

Thats the difference from upwork

Fiverr is different from Upwork, on purpose. If you don't like Fiverr's "In Doers We Trust" format, then don't work here.

plus if your only use fiverr for transaction purposes than thats hell of expensive transaction

I'm happy with my seller transactions on Fiverr. That's why I've been serving clients here for almost eight years.

Attitude is everything.

Guys, do you even do research?

This guy just asked question, and you are attacking him, and not even giving any decent answer. None of you guys are Video editors, Logo designers, who works for 5-50 usd for each project. So please keep that in mind.

I had same issue, had for almost two years 50+ messages a day, up to 600 Orders completed, mostly 4.9 and 5 stars. 

Now same situation, getting only orders from returning buyers.

12 hours ago, freddysaint said:

you clearly have some deep issues 😄

Please don't make assumptions. 

12 hours ago, freddysaint said:

dont take it so personal

I didn't take anything personally. I responded practically and pointedly. 

My responses were appropriate to your complaints.

12 hours ago, oskars25 said:

Guys, do you even do research?

All the time. In fact, I make a living doing research. Please don't make assumptions.

None of you guys are Video editors, Logo designers, who works for 5-50 usd for each project.

Again, please don't make assumptions. I AM a logo designer, and I actually provide my design services for upwards of a few hundred dollars.

I had same issue, had for almost two years 50+ messages a day, up to 600 Orders completed, mostly 4.9 and 5 stars. 

Now same situation, getting only orders from returning buyers.

Fiverr does not guarantee sales, to anyone, here on Fiverr. Sales rise and fall, for a variety of reasons. Sometimes you'll have steady orders, other times you might go through an extended order drought. That's normal for the freelancing world. If your order numbers are lower than you want them to be, then, perhaps it is time to expand your horizons, and take steps to find your own new clients (instead of expecting Fiverr to provide them for you). 

The only person who can make you successful and busy is you. Always have business goals; always have active strategies to reach those goals, and always be taking productive steps to achieve those goals.

7 hours ago, jonbaas said:

All the time. In fact, I make a living doing research. Please don't make assumptions.

Again, please don't make assumptions. I AM a logo designer, and I actually provide my design services for upwards of a few hundred dollars.

Fiverr does not guarantee sales, to anyone, here on Fiverr. Sales rise and fall, for a variety of reasons. Sometimes you'll have steady orders, other times you might go through an extended order drought. That's normal for the freelancing world. If your order numbers are lower than you want them to be, then, perhaps it is time to expand your horizons, and take steps to find your own new clients (instead of expecting Fiverr to provide them for you). 

The only person who can make you successful and busy is you. Always have business goals; always have active strategies to reach those goals, and always be taking productive steps to achieve those goals.

Totally agree, fiverr is just a side bussines who gave me experience and money to invest in my own bussines. 🙂

15 hours ago, jonbaas said:

Please don't make assumptions.

Blame it on math 😞 half the stuff there is based on assumptions.. assuming x is y, y is z.. dang.. and if that were not enough, adding stuff to both sides apparently to balance the equation it seems 🤦‍♂️ 

Archived