Why not consider the weekend break automatically?

agenciawem

I've searched about this and found nothing, that's why I'm commenting, I don't know if it has been discussed before, but something I don't like about Fiverr, is that sometimes as freelancers we are forced to work on weekends, because the number of days we grant to deliver a gig, is fixed.

It would be great if Fiverr would automatically increase the delivery time one day, when a Sunday is crossed in an order (or Saturday, or even both days, depending on the habits of each one), that this could be activated optionally in the gig settings, I think it would be something beneficial for all of us who work here.

Nobody is forced to work on weekends. You can set your own deadlines and manage your time yourself.

That being said weekends are treated differently in different countries and cultures. To some its no different to any other day. Some take one of the weekend days off, some both. For some people working a little on the weekends is fine as long as they can rest too whereas some people have a holy day where they do not work at all. So it is different for everyone.

I personally don't think the option is needed and would encourage you to add a couple of days extra to your delivery times if you prefer to take the weekend off.

3 minutes ago, alexandamedia said:

Nobody is forced to work on weekends. You can set your own deadlines and manage your time yourself.

That being said weekends are treated differently in different countries and cultures. To some its no different to any other day. Some take one of the weekend days off, some both. For some people working a little on the weekends is fine as long as they can rest too whereas some people have a holy day where they do not work at all. So it is different for everyone.

I personally don't think the option is needed and would encourage you to add a couple of days extra to your delivery times if you prefer to take the weekend off.

Thanks for your opinion, it's true that I could easily add more delivery days in general, but in my market, and I think in many more, it's an advantage or disadvantage the number of delivery days, when you are compared with competitors; precisely I think that respecting this existing diversity, is that it could be considered as an optional feature, I don't think it would be so complicated to add to the settings... maybe some day... regards

Noone is forced to work weekends, BUT response rate is affected when buyers contact you over the weekend and you aren't responding until the following monday. See my feature request for adding working hours, which should be a given really in any work platform.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2021 at 11:46 PM, oskars25 said:

Offer right deadline, and finnish before weekend, is it so hard?

Your suggestion assumes the two parties are already in correspondence with each other, oversimplifies the OP's point, and does not account for variables introduced into the seller's production pipeline, such as  additional orders, technical difficulties, kid needing to be rushed to the ER, etc.

Consider your options as to what happens when a first-time client from a different time zone reaches out and places a direct order. "Night-time" quick responses, disclaimers in your gig description, and current availability notices are not foolproof.

@alexandamedia makes a fair point about the different ways weekends are treated across countries, cultures, and if I may add - industries. You can bet your 5-star reviews you won't see Candy or Crystal working their sweet craft at the Free-Lancer at 02:00PM on a Tuesday. Unless the clientele is tipping generously or the house is burning down, these girls have their schedules, and you'd better respect that, my friend, or Volodya's coming for your kneecaps.  

So long as Fiverr's metrics are designed in a way that @theseofairy aptly described as the "gamification of ( . . . ) Fiverr sellers' mental health" in this thread, @iamlasse's concern is absolutely reasonable.

A possible solution would be to allow for setting availability beyond the current, manual, on-now-off-tomorrow option, as @iamlasse suggests here, and not have delayed responses during set hours affect a seller's Response rate. 

New and in-demand sellers alike can benefit from a more structured working process, able to focus on providing a better service and having the freedom to schedule their commitments free from inbox anxiety.

Buyers will benefit from knowing when their needs can be met, and make an informed decision on who to work with based on their preferences.

Whether such a feature (let's call it Fiverr Business Hours, because I'm a stickler for words) should be implemented is non-negotiable.

From there on, whether sellers choose to treat their Fiverr presence as a sustainable business, or have everyone and their aunt take turns keeping an eye on the message notifications to appease the algorithm, is at their own personal discretion.

Try the latter. Come back in a couple of years and take a rain check. Maybe corporate has it wrong.

I'm sticking with Candy and Crystal on this one.    

Archived