6 TIPS from level 2 seller for new sellers.

bernard18

As a new seller, here are 6 things you should pay attention to.

1. Avoid receiving warnings for TOS violations. Because it will throw you back for 30 days.
  2. Finish the job as soon as possible and don't be late. Your first delivery determines the punctuality of your work. Usually I make the first delivery less than 1 day, after that it won't have any effect even if the customer makes repeated revisions.
  3. Stay friendly and provide the best quality for every job and revision that buyers do. Avoid arguing with buyers because it will harm you.
  4. Fast response time. Immediately answer carefully every customer's questions and complaints.
  5. Avoid cancellation even if you feel that the buyer has acted unfairly.
  6. Continue to learn and improve the quality of your GIG step by step.

You can read many TIPS in this forum, but all of them are meaningless if you ignore the 6 things above. The Fiverr algorithm prioritizes sellers who have good performance and can bring in profits, not whiny sellers who always complain.
It's like you have a shop in a big market, so every problem that comes to your shop is only you who know exactly how to solve it, not other people and not the market owner. So, work wisely and smartly.

Good luck!

3 hours ago, bernard18 said:

Avoid receiving warnings for TOS violations. Because it will throw you back for 30 days.

Pretty sure that's not true, any research to back that up?

3 hours ago, bernard18 said:

Avoid cancellation even if you feel that the buyer has acted unfairly.

Cancellations are there for a reason. If a buyer is unreasonable, he wants you to do 6 times the work he paid for.. you still do the work and not cancel? Thus allowing him to abuse you and your work? 

3 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Pretty sure that's not true, any research to back that up?

Cancellations are there for a reason. If a buyer is unreasonable, he wants you to do 6 times the work he paid for.. you still do the work and not cancel? Thus allowing him to abuse you and your work? 

Each seller has his own experience and research and it would be nice to share and hopefully be useful to others. Thank you for your feedback.

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

Sure, but some of the information you shared is not valid 

What I convey is the result of my personal findings and experience and of course it is valid for me. You as a professional seller of course also have your own experience that is good if you share it with others. Let's share experiences so that other friends can also achieve success. :)

5 hours ago, bernard18 said:

What I convey is the result of my personal findings and experience and of course it is valid for me. You as a professional seller of course also have your own experience that is good if you share it with others. Let's share experiences so that other friends can also achieve success. 🙂

Well, I was removed from search for at least 2 months, it depends on what you cancel, what you do, so the 30 day timeline is not valid.

Also, you are encouraging people to stick with a buyer even if he manipulates them, since you say to not cancel. Sometimes canceling is healthy.

2 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Well, I was removed from search for at least 2 months, it depends on what you cancel, what you do, so the 30 day timeline is not valid.

Also, you are encouraging people to stick with a buyer even if he manipulates them, since you say to not cancel. Sometimes canceling is healthy.

What I observed about TOS violations is that I lose my ranking for 30 days and after that I can easily come back if for 30 days there are no other violations.

Regarding avoid cancellations what I mean here is to always give the best work to clients, always communicate well about what are customer complaints, provide updates on our work every day so as to avoid cancellations.
When a customer requests a cancellation, I usually try to ask for another chance to fix the job or try to offer an alternative job. Communicate all well and and humbly. I've always managed to implement this method and have avoided canceling. Sometimes it seems unfair to the seller but the consequences of canceling are more painful because we can lose our projects that we should be able to get.

2 hours ago, social_breeze said:

TOS are always violated mistakenly. 
although I have never violated TOS but still I can see many people violating it without even they don't know.

Yes, especially experienced by new sellers. For this reason, it is necessary to emphasize that new sellers are more careful and better understand the TOS. Thanks for your feedback. :-)

Archived