Some sort of SCAM or what?

olyasr

Question

Today I got a message - I already got 7 100% same messages from different people. Earlier I got similar messages, where they offer abnormally large amount of money for simple work, BUT it's necessary to register on Audible.

I guess they are trying to steal your credic card data or any of that (I mean, when you sign up for free trial, you need to add your payment data).

Any ideas? I clearly understand, that something is wrong here, but have no idea what

Here is the message that I got many times from different people:

I'm Looking A Transcriber For Some "A.u.d.i.b.l.e Stories" Transcription For My Project, Stories Duration Almost 45-60/Mints, You Can Just Listen & Send To Me PDF File, After Transcribe Stories! And My Budget Is Under 250$ Per/One Story Transcribe, What Do You Give Me Best Offer ?? And What Is Your Delivery Time Per/One Story Transcription ..... ?? Plz Note : 📌  ( This Is A.u.d.i.b.l.e Project !! And They Don't Allow To Download Your Files Anyone, So You Must Need To Get Your Trail Account, For Online Access To My Recommend Stories )

4 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, olyasr said:

Today I got a message - I already got 7 100% same messages from different people. Earlier I got similar messages, where they offer abnormally large amount of money for simple work, BUT it's necessary to register on Audible.

If you keep getting nearly identical messages from different people, that's a clear indication that this is a scam. 

In addition, I'm asking my self why they would want to transcribe Audible stories? Audiobooks on Audible are protected by copyright. If they have the rights to use this material, I'm sure they would have access to it in text format already. 

Combined with the stupidly bad grammar and language skills in this message, I'd say this is a scam. Even if they asked you to register on the real Audible site, they might be interested in having you transcribing copyrighted material for unlawful use. 

Either way, I'd stay away from this one. 

On 9/25/2021 at 10:48 PM, olyasr said:

I guess they are trying to steal your credic card data or any of that (I mean, when you sign up for free trial, you need to add your payment data).

You could check the Audible TOS but I doubt the audible book sellers have access to the credit card numbers. I don't see why they'd get/need access to the other payment info. I assume that's handled by Audible/Amazon. I assume the audible book creators there only get stats on sales etc.

Archived