My first biggest order

letsgodigital

16 minutes ago, letsgodigital said:

Hi all

Really excited just got my biggest order ever in my account, Wish me luck !

spacer.png

How much was your biggest order so far?

I don't feel the need to disclose my orders or my revenue here on the forum. You are aware of the security risks of doing so, I assume? First of all, you're letting everyone know that you could have a bunch of money on your account when this order is complete. That's like inviting hackers to target your account. 

Second, I think what I earn is none of your business, and I frankly don't care that much about what you or anyone else make on Fiverr, as long as I can maintain my lifestyle while working with something I'm truly passionate about. 

With that said, big orders are always fun! They are also the ones you really have to pay attention to, because a buyer who's putting 1700 bucks on the table expects high-quality results. Anything less could lead to you having worked your ass off for nothing, getting cancellations and poor reviews. So you really need to be at your best for this one, is my advice! Impress the hell out of your buyer, and he/she might come back for more! 

Keep up the good work! :D 

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 1

3 minutes ago, smashradio said:

I don't feel the need to disclose my orders or my revenue here on the forum. You are aware of the security risks of doing so, I assume? First of all, you're letting everyone know that you could have a bunch of money on your account when this order is complete. That's like inviting hackers to target your account. 

Second, I think what I earn is none of your business, and I frankly don't care that much about what you or anyone else make on Fiverr, as long as I can maintain my lifestyle while working with something I'm truly passionate about. 

With that said, big orders are always fun! They are also the ones you really have to pay attention to, because a buyer who's putting 1700 bucks on the table expects high-quality results. Anything less could lead to you having worked your ass off for nothing, getting cancellations and poor reviews. So you really need to be at your best for this one, is my advice! Impress the hell out of your buyer, and he/she might come back for more! 

Keep up the good work! 😄

Thanks for the advice. I was not aware about the security risk, will keep in mind and regarding sharing my money just wanted to share my happiness on forum since I feel here like at home. 

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, letsgodigital said:

Thanks for the advice. I was not aware about the security risk, will keep in mind and regarding sharing my money just wanted to share my happiness on forum since I feel here like at home. 

Yeah, sharing any financial information online can put you at risk. If I got an order now for 5000 dollars, the last thing I would do is announce it to the forum, even though it would make me happy, of course. 

But I totally get why you would want to share the joy! It's just not very smart, for your own sake. Besides, I think what I earn is my business. :D 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, dollyhuque said:

In my opinion, a 5 dollar client is worth a lot more to me than a large order. If I could get him back to me through my work, I would probably have more work orders than a big job.

I wish you the best of luck .   

Yes you are right but the gig i offer cant be lower down as such I do have to take such risk. 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, dollyhuque said:

In my opinion, a 5 dollar client is worth a lot more to me than a large order. If I could get him back to me through my work, I would probably have more work orders than a big job.

I wish you the best of luck .   

Question: do you like to work more, or work less? I mean, if you can earn the same amount of money. If I get an order for a few thousand bucks, it's likely going to take me less time to complete than the same dollar amount in five-dollar-orders. Quality over quantity. This is why I keep raising my rates whenever I get a full schedule. If I'm working, let's say 40 hours per week, and I earn 2000 dollars in that time, split across 10 orders. If I then increase my rates, I might get 8 orders instead of 10, but I would still earn 2000 dollars, and I'd work 35 hours instead. 

So I really don't see the logic in what you're saying. You should want to work less, earn more. Having a huge amount of orders = a huge amount of people you have to communicate with, offering some cheap service to multiple people. If they come back, it will be for more of the same. You'll probably not turn them into thousand-dollar-clients anytime soon. 

But if I get one huge project, and I impress that buyer, the next time, i might get an even bigger project. I could do 2-3 projects per week, earning more than what I do now. That's the way to go; quality over quantity, both in what you do and what you earn, in my opinion. I wouldn't even consider working for anything less than 20 dollars, and that's hiring me to speak for 2 minutes max (and even that is cheap, compared to some of my competition!)

• Like 8
  • Up 1