I'm lost in the forest of gigs ;-) Need help how to stand out.

martinavrancic

Hi,

I'm Martina and I'm just getting to know Fiverr.

At first, I thought I would set up a gig and that's it - orders arrive, but it is not so at all ;-).

I'm doing social media posts and videos. But when I try to search with my keywords, the search engine doesn't find me (I even checked with my country), do you know why?

Do you have any special advice for me how to get first purchases? I've even tried to activate paid ads but I can't until I have some work done.

I like the way of communication here, everyone is very kind and helpful.

Thanks in advance for any kind of your help!

👋,

Martina

Hi Martina, It's always a tough ride for a new seller. The best way to get first order is "Buyer Request". Send 10 buyer requests every day for couple of days. Choose your buyer wisely and don't send any template messages to the buyer. Read the offer, customize it with your experiences and skills and send them. This is how I got my first order, then I never had to look back in the past 7 months. Wish you all the best. KH.

8 hours ago, martinavrancic said:

I'm doing social media posts and videos. But when I try to search with my keywords, the search engine doesn't find me (I even checked with my country), do you know why?

Hello Martina, welcome! If your gig doesn't show at all when you search, you should send an email to Customer Support: support@fiverr.com

It's very common for that to happen with new gigs.

Regarding everything else, I would stay away from the Buyers Requests section (it's full of scammers, desperate people and "buyers" wanting the universe for $5). Maybe to get your first review and start the "ball rolling" you could ask a client from the "outside world" to order from you?

Good luck!

5 hours ago, zerlina84 said:

Hello Martina, welcome! If your gig doesn't show at all when you search, you should send an email to Customer Support: support@fiverr.com

It's very common for that to happen with new gigs.

Regarding everything else, I would stay away from the Buyers Requests section (it's full of scammers, desperate people and "buyers" wanting the universe for $5). Maybe to get your first review and start the "ball rolling" you could ask a client from the "outside world" to order from you?

Good luck!

Thanks for your help!!!

On 9/1/2021 at 3:06 PM, kayashossain said:

Hi Martina, It's always a tough ride for a new seller. The best way to get first order is "Buyer Request". Send 10 buyer requests every day for couple of days. Choose your buyer wisely and don't send any template messages to the buyer. Read the offer, customize it with your experiences and skills and send them. This is how I got my first order, then I never had to look back in the past 7 months. Wish you all the best. KH.

it is very helpful for every new seller

On 9/1/2021 at 2:57 PM, martinavrancic said:

Thanks in advance for any kind of your help!

Hello Martina!

Here is a free course by Fiverr that I think you may find useful: https://learn.fiverr.com/courses/online-freelancing-essentials-be-a-successful-fiverr-seller

There are a lot of basics covered in the Sellers Help section as well: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010451297-How-to-Start-Selling-on-Fiverr

The search results prioritize those with good performance -- sales and good reviews, but they do give an extra push for new sellers initially (or so I think..). Bringing in traffic to your gig through marketing (social media, etc) would definitely help you start getting orders as well. The buyer requests is a tricky place because there are a lot of lowballers there, but you can try checking in from time to time and there may be a request worth the time there!  

Archived