if I edit my gig then does it loses ranking?

abir97

Question

11 answers to this question

> “Gig positions are not permanent and can rotate daily.”

This can be found here, https://fiverr.com/support/articles/360011028318-Managing-your-Gigs in the second paragraph.

If your gig needs to be edited, then edit. If the edit you're thinking of making isn't necessary, then don't edit for now, and wait until your statistics fall or supposed placement in the search results change.

No. It can, as @imagination7413pointed out, rotate in the search results. 

But I find that keeping your gig updated with fresh content can be beneficial. Keeping up with trends, having updated gig videos, thumbnails and descriptions, can even help your sales. I experiment a lot with my gigs to see what's working and what's not. Recently I did something drastic: I deleted my gig video and replaced it with just a nice thumbnail and audio sample, to see if that would help increase my click-through rate. It did! Nearly 10% increase! 

So don't be afraid of editing your gig. But it should be edits with a purpose. 

2 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

> “Gig positions are not permanent and can rotate daily.”

This can be found here, https://fiverr.com/support/articles/360011028318-Managing-your-Gigs in the second paragraph.

If your gig needs to be edited, then edit. If the edit you're thinking of making isn't necessary, then don't edit for now, and wait until your statistics fall or supposed placement in the search results change.

thanks

2 hours ago, smashradio said:

But I find that keeping your gig updated with fresh content can be beneficial. Keeping up with trends, having updated gig videos, thumbnails and descriptions, can even help your sales. I experiment a lot with my gigs to see what's working and what's not. Recently I did something drastic: I deleted my gig video and replaced it with just a nice thumbnail and audio sample, to see if that would help increase my click-through rate. It did! Nearly 10% increase! 

thanks

On 8/28/2021 at 6:08 PM, smashradio said:

Thanks for sharing. 

Archived