Buyer Unfairly Cancelling Gig - Will it impact my profile?

theventureguy

Question

Hello,

I had a buyer message me regarding a gig of mine. I said I could do the work and sent over a custom offer for the work (which was more expensive than the listing price for the work required). He then accepted the custom offer, paid the money then proceeded to ask for an NDA to be signed, didn't send over the info I needed to carry out the gig.

All of a sudden he said I was being deceitful and untrustworthy (after 12 days of back and forth!) and has requested to cancel the gig:
"This guy is very dis honest and deceitful. He is using deceptive bait and switch tactics".

I knew something was wrong when he wouldn't send over the information for 12 days and expected that this would happen. I was upfront about pricing and timeframes. Will my profile be impacted by this cancellation or will Fiverr review the case a decide whether to penalise me?

Unfair situation but also don't want to force the guy in to carrying out the gig anyway as he will now be awkward and likely give a 1* review regardless of the service quality...

Can anyone shed any light on the process in this scenario? (I only have 2 days to decide my next steps).
Thank you!! 🙂

5 answers to this question

Sometimes we get cancellations here from buyers' sites. Most of the time they did a mistake. Then they cancel their order here. So, it better you can reach this marketplace and explain everything to them and also last message section don't forget to mention this 

" if you read everything properly then you can see there were not fault. So, please don't change my order completion rate here "...

If this marketplace checks this then it does not impact your profile here. 

15 hours ago, theventureguy said:

Can anyone shed any light on the process in this scenario? (I only have 2 days to decide my next steps).
Thank you!! 🙂

Hi there.

Try contact CS.., and explain your situations very clearly.

and ask them politely if CS can help you cancel the order without affect your completion rate.

If it's truly your buyer mistake.., then CS can help you cancel this order without any penalty.

Once my buyer ask me to cancel the project because he use a wrong credit card. I still have 3 days before deadline.

Decide to ask help from CS..., and within 6 hour, CS help me cancel the project without any penalty.

If they asked you to sign and NDA and you refused then that is obviously a reason why they didn’t send any requirements. 

just reach out to support and ask them to cancel because your client didn’t provide any requirements. 
CS will tell you that they can not guarantee if it will or will not affect your stats but at least you will have a chance. 

Archived