Buyer Request currency

precords1275

Question

Hello! Most days I get up, check my emails, then head on over to Fiverr to check the BR section. I get a reasonable amount of business this way. I live in Canada, but when I send my offer I'm not sure what currency things are displayed to the buyer are. For example, it will say that their budget is $6.67 CAD, Does that mean, if I'm going for their whole budget, that I should put in $6 or would that translate to me asking for 6 USD, which would be $7.69 CAD, or over their budget?

2 answers to this question

Please see: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360050217393-Using-your-local-currency-on-Fiverr

(Fiverr often makes changes without informing users, so If you want a for-sure answer, I'd recommend putting in a ticket to Customer Support.)

Fiverr primarily uses USD, so it's debatably best to 'do the math' in USD. A great many sellers simply set their 'local' currency in USD, while others switch frequently between their currency and USD for exactly the reasons you mentioned. From what I've seen, most buyers who mention their budget in the BR use USD too. There is no one best answer, in this case. I'd suggest playing around and seeing what method works best for you. 

2 hours ago, precords1275 said:

if I'm going for their whole budget, that I should put in $6 or would that translate to me asking for 6 USD

When you send an offer in the buyer request page the amount is always in USD (despite the currency setting at the bottom of the page).

eg. If I have my currency at the bottom of the page set to GBP so it shows the request's budget in GBP. When I click "send offer" the amount box shows $ (which is USD in Fiverr).

I agree that it's easiest to switch to USD for displaying their request budgets so it's easier to make sure you don't go over their budget when you send an offer.

Archived