I Talked to the Forum Management: The State of the Forum - Is there Hope?

smashradio

If karma is adopted, ideally the votes are anonymous rather than named like how the 'reactions' are now. Otherwise, in any argument it would swing to favouring the  buyer and punishing the seller as sycophants rush to try and get noticed.  It would have a chilling effect, and all you would see is people parroting whatever the overall buyer mindset is, like how subreddits currently devolve into repost echo chambers.  

The chilling effect would still likely happen even with anonymous votes though, with everyone upvoting "Stay online always" and downvoting anyone who calls it out as bad advice.

Karma would never work...   Lets be honest there are more spammers than not spammers. Someone could post a spam topic and reach 100 upvotes from their fellow countrymen 

A spam post now can attract 75 crap comments.... They love nothing more than throwing out the obligatory congrats brother for no reason at all

Even when you call them out on the stupidness they will like your comment and thank you for it and just carry on. They barely understand an English sentence...

Half of them don't know the difference between congress and congratulations

On 8/17/2021 at 8:30 AM, theratypist said:

I totally understand why you're busy. Probably the 25 hours online forum lesson has been working well for you.

Yeah, staying online 25/7 has kept me pretty busy! 😂🤣

On 8/17/2021 at 8:30 AM, theratypist said:

We try to make do with the state the forum is in......... We throw Conga parties from time to time.

Those are the best! Along with the Costco and Congress parties 😂

On 8/17/2021 at 5:40 PM, drasnia said:

Someone could post a spam topic and reach 100 upvotes from their fellow countrymen 

Man are we gonna look silly when we realize it is one very tired dude in BD with this setup:  (notice pillows on right for 20 min sleep per day.) 

I see your many laptops and raise my many laptops : laptops

• 2 weeks later...

I primarily browse through the "new" iteration of the forum via the 'Unread Content' activity page. Unfortunately, I've noticed recently that the page is becoming inundated with gallery uploads of poor quality example images from sellers, cluttering the page from actual unread threads and posts.

If gallery image notifications were placed on a separate page, that would be greatly appreciated.

Archived