Buyer is offline for 6 months without submitting order requirements

kulkicreatives

Question

I got an order 6 months ago and the buyer hasn't been online since then. He hasn't submitted buyers requirement so I don't know what he want me to design. He also don't reply to any messages (last seen 6 months ago)

What happens when a buyer never comes back? Is there any Fiverr policy in this regards? Does fiverr keeps the money for themselves?

5 answers to this question

Hi there...

Once i read from fiverr seller..,He got the order from seller.., 3 years after he sent the custom offer. Lol...

Still.., from professionalism..., you can try to ask fiverr CS to cancel this project ( It won't affect your order completion rate is the order canceled by CS)

So you won't be "haunted" by this order anymore 🙂

2 hours ago, kulkicreatives said:

I got an order 6 months ago and the buyer hasn't been online since then. He hasn't submitted buyers requirement so I don't know what he want me to design. He also don't reply to any messages (last seen 6 months ago)

What happens when a buyer never comes back? Is there any Fiverr policy in this regards? Does fiverr keeps the money for themselves?

I'd probably let it go and either wait for him to re-appear (it could happen tomorrow, in 2 years or never, so it's a risk I would not take) or contact Customer Support and cancel the order. Cancelling seems the best option to me tho.

Fiverr doesn't have any specific policy for this situation. The money is "on hold" until something happens (either the buyer submits requirements or the order is cancelled; in the second case the money goes back to the buyer). 

Thank you all for the input. It is interesting to note that even if Fiverr cancels the order, they buyer doesn't get his money back. He just get Fiverr credits which he may or may not use. So, once buyer gives Fiverr his money, Fiverr is not going to return it hahaha.

I am going to hold on to the order instead of cancelling. I have 3 such orders (6 months, 5 months and 2 months)

@ridwansugi that's interesting. A fellow seller once told me he still has an order stuck at missing requirements for past 2.5 years and the buyer last seen is 2 years lol 

Anyone else has any such interesting stories, please add.

Archived