I got screwed

malcombbaker

Question

20 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, malcombbaker said:

I guess I'll just have to take it as, "A lesson learned," interaction.

Most people wouldn't be so conciliatory after losing $2500. The seller SHOULD be reported and removed from the platform at the very least, or they may very well do the same to another unfortunate buyer.

On 7/8/2021 at 2:30 PM, malcombbaker said:

I paid outside of the system. I didn't realize my mistake until the Seller stopped talking to me. 

Keep in mind that you could receive some warning/restriction in your account also, since the TOS is valid to all users, buyers and sellers. By reporting the seller Fiverr may check your account and review it also.

BUYERS
Basics
- You may not offer direct payments to Sellers using payment systems outside of the Fiverr platform.

- You may not offer Sellers to pay, or make payment using any method other than through the Fiverr.com site. In case you have been asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately to Customer Support here.

3 hours ago, malcombbaker said:

Well, I didn't think I would have that kind of issue. I've used multiple Sellers on here without a problem.

I didn't think this was something I would have to deal with.

Am I understanding correctly and you have just said this isn't the first time you do business using Fiverr, but pay outside Fiverr?

4 minutes ago, malcombbaker said:

I have everything. All of the conversation we had here on Fiverr and outside of Fiverr, including all of the electronic payments I've given him.

Use it to get that "salesman" expelled from the great Fiverr family! And if you made the payment through Paypal, you can explain the situation to them. Many years ago someone tried to scam me with a wallet exchange and lost their account and they refunded my money. If this was by direct transfer it will be almost impossible.

2 hours ago, maezma85 said:

These things really sadden me and somehow makes us lose credibility to all salespeople, most of whom are honest and hard-working. Unfortunately, you ran into a scammer and the least you can do is report him on Fiverr so that he is expelled from here and stops dirtying the good name of the vast majority of sellers that exist on the platform. I assume you have the screenshots of the conversation. That will be enough to show that he accepted a payment without using Fiverr as an intermediary.

I'm really really sorry!

I have everything. All of the conversation we had here on Fiverr and outside of Fiverr, including all of the electronic payments I've given him.

2 hours ago, enunciator said:

Most people wouldn't be so conciliatory after losing $2500. The seller SHOULD be reported and removed from the platform at the very least, or they may very well do the same to another unfortunate buyer

Don't get me wrong. I'm highly upset. I just can't get mad because I should've know better. 

After I realized what I did wrong I was very mad, but I got over it because I KNEW I couldn't do anything to get that money back.

18 minutes ago, malcombbaker said:

I paid outside of the system. I didn't realize my mistake until the Seller stopped talking to me. 

Kinda like a lightbulb went off and I retraced my steps as to why he vanished, then realized I messed up.

That's a costly mistake right there. If you paid through paypal or directly to a bank account, you should contact paypal or your bank accordingly and explain the situation in full. I don't see any other way.

16 minutes ago, malcombbaker said:

These things really sadden me and somehow makes us lose credibility to all salespeople, most of whom are honest and hard-working. Unfortunately, you ran into a scammer and the least you can do is report him on Fiverr so that he is expelled from here and stops dirtying the good name of the vast majority of sellers that exist on the platform. I assume you have the screenshots of the conversation. That will be enough to show that he accepted a payment without using Fiverr as an intermediary.

I'm really really sorry!

2 minutes ago, malcombbaker said:

You can inform the seller because he has violated the TOS by accepting orders outside the platform but unfortunately your purchase does not have protection from the Fiverr platform because you have made it outside.

2 minutes ago, malcombbaker said:

Kinda like a lightbulb went off and I retraced my steps as to why he vanished, then realized I messed up.

I recommend you to get familiar with the TOS so you can avoid future problems.

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

2 minutes ago, enunciator said:

Ouch. 😬

No invoice means no order was placed through a proper means (via the seller's gig page, accepting a Buyer Request offer, or accepting a custom offer). You likely just transferred money to a disreputable "seller" who'll likely ghost you like you never even existed.

Unfortunately, it seems your lack of knowing how orders work on Fiverr resulted in you giphy.gif yourself. Contact Customer Support with as many details and screen captures of your interactions with this "seller" as possible, but other than the seller deservedly getting banned, there likely isn't much hope for Fiverr to be able to assist in you regaining your money if the transfer was done offsite or via unauthorized means.

27 minutes ago, ligiacarvalho said:

Did you place the order through Fiverr? If you decided to pay outside the Fiverr platform (which is against TOS), Fiverr will not help you with that.

However, you still can report the seller.

20 minutes ago, malcombbaker said:

What do I do if I paid a Seller all $2500 without an invoice number and now that Seller has quit working with me!

Ouch. 😬

No invoice means no order was placed through a proper means (via the seller's gig page, accepting a Buyer Request offer, or accepting a custom offer). You likely just transferred money to a disreputable "seller" who'll likely ghost you like you never even existed.

Unfortunately, it seems your lack of knowing how orders work on Fiverr resulted in you giphy.gif yourself. Contact Customer Support with as many details and screen captures of your interactions with this "seller" as possible, but other than the seller deservedly getting banned, there likely isn't much hope for Fiverr to be able to assist in you regaining your money if the transfer was done offsite or via unauthorized means.

22 minutes ago, looseink said:

If you made the "deal" via inbox communication or email, you didn't get screwed.

You screwed yourself.

DO NOT pay for anything on Fiverr that does not come through the Fiverr system.

That means, placing an order, accepting the finished product.

Nothing else.

Well, I didn't think I would have that kind of issue. I've used multiple Sellers on here without a problem.

I didn't think this was something I would have to deal with.

If you made the "deal" via inbox communication or email, you didn't get screwed.

You screwed yourself.

DO NOT pay for anything on Fiverr that does not come through the Fiverr system.

That means, placing an order, accepting the finished product.

Nothing else.

Archived