Buyer forcing me to cancel the order

2 days ago I got an order from a buyer, he asked me to make 2 videos on a specific topic.

I completed the order and sent to him, he asked me for many revisions and I made it.

Now he is asking for 4 more videos with the same budget, or else he asking me to cancel the order. What do I do? 

I need your support.

Say no. You are only required to provide the work/revisions that he has paid for (or, in the case of additional work, that he is willing to pay for). You should not cancel an order, just because the buyer is unhappy that you won't give him free work. Let your no be no, and stand firm in the terms of the existing order.

Sellers earn their reviews. Some will be not-so-great, that's the nature of being a service provider. Work to deliver work that is worthy of a great review, and if the buyer chooses to give a lower review, shake it off, and move on to the next order. Sellers are not entitled to the reviews they want, nor is the buyer required to leave you a review.

Yes, reviews are permanent to your account. Anyone who looks at your profile/gig will see them. You do, however, have the ability to respond to each review -- good or bad -- and tell your side of the story. You won't be able to see the review until you respond to it, or wait for it to appear after 10 days.

It seems certain categories attract this kind of rip-off buyer a lot! If he were to leave a bad review out of spite you could contact CS, they might do something about removing it although this is rare as it has to be to clearly violate the ToS. Other than that, you can reply to reviews and give your side of the story. You also have other 5 star reviews from happy buyers. Most new buyers won't be put off by one bad one in a good bunch, they're not stupid (mostly) and know some people are just hard to please and obnoxious. I got a fairly crap review early on, it was unfair for sure, the guy was just "that way out" and it didn't harm me. I certainly wasn't willing to give him his money back. If you do it once you'll do it again. Don't be bullied into working for free!

Yes, these kind of buyers are aiming for new sellers. It took me a whole day to complete his order and I made it as fast as I could.

Now he is asking for 4 more videos, 

Come on, these people should respect our time and effort too. He is saying graphic edit is an easy task 😔

24 minutes ago, lijo_johnson said:

He is saying graphic edit is an easy task

Then he can do it himself. Don't say that to him obviously 🙂 Unfortunately, there are buyers like this and I bet they sleep well at night. Just stand your ground and stay polite. It really is important to set boundaries and stick to them as a freelancer. We have to deal with statistics, reviews and seller levels, and it isn't always fair on sellers, but it's just part of selling on Fiverr and dealing with the rules they set. 

Explain to him that you complied with the order, tell him that if he needs new reviews or new videos, he must pay the difference for the service or he can choose another seller but he cannot cancel a job that has already been delivered as agreed. You must stand firm in these cases!

5 minutes ago, gelmas12 said:

Cancellation of the order will negatively affect your profile in the future.

And a bad review won't affect your profile? A cancellation made today will not count to your stats after 60 days. A bad review sticks in your profile..........til the end. Generally speaking, without context of price and work -- would you rather have a 1 star review over a cancellation? 

15 minutes ago, theratypist said:

And a bad review won't affect your profile? A cancellation made today will not count to your stats after 60 days. A bad review sticks in your profile..........til the end. Generally speaking, without context of price and work -- would you rather have a 1 star review over a cancellation? 

If we cancel the order; we lose the money and effort, if we don't; the money will be there with a negative review on profile.. forever! 

1 minute ago, lijo_johnson said:

If we cancel the order; we lose the money and effort, and if we don't; the money will be there with a negative review on profile.. forever! 

That is true! However, if you're an established seller, a negative review will not impact you greatly. I hope you get things sorted out with the buyer. Once you do, I suggest you block them so you don't have to deal with them again!

I won't work with him ever in my life! He doesn't even know what he is asking for. 

To all sellers out there, please explain your service with the order.

2 hours ago, theratypist said:

That is true! However, if you're an established seller, a negative review will not impact you greatly. I hope you get things sorted out with the buyer. Once you do, I suggest you block them so you don't have to deal with them again!

I won't work with him ever in my life! He doesn't even know what he is asking for. 

To all sellers out there, please explain your service with the order.

I would try to figure out something with the buyer. A cancellation would obviously be very frusturating, as you put in all the time and effort, but so is having a low review. Even if you do go through with the order, the seller might still leave a bad review either way. 

They don't deserve any more than what they paid for. You can still respond to the bad review and tell your side of the story, which in my opinion is the best option.

Wishing you luck!

@lijo_johnson Contact CS and let them know about what he says and if they recommend to cancel the order than you can tell the CS agent to cancel the order from his side and they will cancel the order it won't effect anything now but if he give negative reviews and also report you with some false accusations that will get you a warning or either your account will be restricted which happened in my case and till now I am dealing with that.

Thanks

Guest lloydsolutions
On 7/6/2021 at 4:07 PM, lijo_johnson said:

Fiverr customer service has been cancelled the order!

See the post from the OP.  This has been solved!

Archived