My gig is removed due to HW but I didn't know that

ardakilic

Hi everyone,

Today I am going through very bad day. In the morning, I got an order. It was a differential equations question. I have solved it and sent to the buyer. From here, everything was great. After buyer received the delivery, he/she has said “This solution is not useful. Can you revise it?”. It was correct solution but I wanted to satisfy that buyer and I did some improvements and sent it again to the buyer. The buyer says “This question is correct but I can’t use this for my university project”. Until here, I didn’t know that I was doing a school project. I know that it is against the TOS. I have learned it after I sent the solution.

After the buyer got the solution, he/she asked me for some explanations. I have talked with him for about 4 hours to explain just one question. She/he accepted that the question is true and understood the every single step of the question. The buyer opened a cancellation because she/he can’t use it as a school project.

At the end, my gig is removed , the buyer got the solution, refund and understood the problem, I have lost reviews.

What can I do? Can someone help me because it was only for 4$ and I lost everything.

What would you do if you understand that the buyer sent you a school project after he/she placed an order?

NOTE: There was no sign of the assignment before the placing the order. It was screenshot of the question. There wasn’t anything related to homework

I would immediately contact CS, explain the situation to them, show them screenshots to assure them that until that point, I was not aware that it was a school assignment and then request them to cancel the order for me

I have contacted with the Support but did not get any response. The buyer and I have contacted with the support at the same time. The order canceled, I am still waiting for an answer

No, it wasn’t my only gig. I am also doing coding and I know that doing assignments are forbidden on Fiverr.

Oh okay, but I meant what was the gig the buyer bought in that he asked about differential equations? The system probably got triggered by the mentioning of certain keywords by the buyer…

Oh okay, but I meant what was the gig the buyer bought in that he asked about differential equations? The system probably got triggered by the mentioning of certain keywords by the buyer…

I am unable to send it because it is removed.

There wasn’t any keyword related to assignments.

I have read the messages again. If we can count it as a sign, the buyer says that “I am student can you make it for 5$?” (I asked for 10$)

How can I understand that this is assignment? Is every student using Fiverr to do their assignments? How can I know that.

No, it wasn’t my only gig. I am also doing coding and I know that doing assignments are forbidden on Fiverr.

From memory what was the title of the gig the buyer bought and what was does your gig cover?

Also you mentioned, you have other gigs

No, it wasn’t my only gig.

I see your profile right now doesn’t show any gigs or reviews? Did all your gigs get removed along with the reviews there?

Anyway, maybe other keywords like student, university project… You should show all evidence to Customer Support that your intention was not to help in a school assignment and you only knew later on that it was for a school project.

From memory what was the title of the gig the buyer bought and what was does your gig cover?

Also you mentioned, you have other gigs

No, it wasn’t my only gig.

I see your profile right now doesn’t show any gigs or reviews? Did all your gigs get removed along with the reviews there?

Anyway, maybe other keywords like student, university project… You should show all evidence to Customer Support that your intention was not to help in a school assignment and you only knew later on that it was for a school project.

For other gigs, I got an error maybe for that reason, it doesn’t show them (I was doing the assignments for coding. I wasn’t know that it is against to TOS. I don’t say anything for that. I accepted my fault and after I my gig removed and I don’t take any assignments. This is my second gig which is removed but I wasn’t doing any assignments. I know its against TOS but right now I got frustrated. My gig is removed even if I don’t do any projects related to schools.)

For other gigs, I got an error maybe for that reason, it doesn’t show them (I was doing the assignments for coding. I wasn’t know that it is against to TOS. I don’t say anything for that. I accepted my fault and after I my gig removed and I don’t take any assignments. This is my second gig which is removed but I wasn’t doing any assignments. I know its against TOS but right now I got frustrated. My gig is removed even if I don’t do any projects related to schools.)

I think you are in this situation right now because you already initially got a warning for doing assignments for coding before, and the system got triggered by another project related to assignments. You mentioned you were talking for 4 hours on that $4 order so a lot must have been said.

I wanted to know what was the title of the gig the buyer bought? I’m sure you know the title of your own gig… like was it “I will code your program in C++”

Also if you could show us the initial order instructions (blur out the name of the buyer and any confidential details) and we can have a better gauge if from there it was a sign of a university project.

It wouldn’t hurt to put the following in your profile and each Gig description:

“I cannot accept orders related to academic work as it is against Fiverr Terms of Service.”

Or something like that.

Also, in the order process where you have listed questions that only the Buyer sees when placing an order, include something that states “If this order is for academic work, I cannot accept it” or something like that.

Sure, it’ll work only with those Buyers who read that stuff, but at least it covers your butt in case of a dispute.

I think you are in this situation right now because you already initially got a warning for doing assignments for coding before, and the system got triggered by another project related to assignments. You mentioned you were talking for 4 hours on that $4 order so a lot must have been said.

I wanted to know what was the title of the gig the buyer bought? I’m sure you know the title of your own gig… like was it “I will code your program in C++”

Also if you could show us the initial order instructions (blur out the name of the buyer and any confidential details) and we can have a better gauge if from there it was a sign of a university project.

Here is the first contact. For to make sure, yes that it a .edu link but it is a link to a book. It is not a file that consists assignment. To make it clear, it is a book. My english is not that good. At first I thought that maybe the term “task” is a term of university project but it is not. I have translated it. It is something like “job”

1.PNG.f86e0b3d4475a4d9a84cdd3c306b550e.PNG
1831×551 40.3 KB

3.PNG.b484e47637d3c343e9a561c17f17bc77.PNG
3773×612 42.7 KB

It wouldn’t hurt to put the following in your profile and each Gig description:

“I cannot accept orders related to academic work as it is against Fiverr Terms of Service.”

Or something like that.

Also, in the order process where you have listed questions that only the Buyer sees when placing an order, include something that states “If this order is for academic work, I cannot accept it” or something like that.

Sure, it’ll work only with those Buyers who read that stuff, but at least it covers your butt in case of a dispute.

Thank you for your advice, I will do that.

That was a book. At first, the buyer asked that “she/he needs a step by step solution.” so I thought that she is trying to learn the subject. I agreed with her for 5$ and it was very less for my work. I didn’t want to make her/him feel sad.

1509635480_EkranAlnts.PNG.thumb.jpg.41ec612835f87ee9c2e5be370a2b860d.jpg
Ekran Alıntısı.PNG1918×900 193 KB

That was a book. At first, the buyer asked that “she/he needs a step by step solution.” so I thought that she is trying to learn the subject. I agreed with her for 5$ and it was very less for my work. I didn’t want to make her/him feel sad.

“I will do linear algebra and differential equations projects”

I am not familiar with these kind of stuff but who are your usual clients for this gig (considering you don’t do academic work)? Engineers, statisticians?

From my eyes it looks like you are willing to do an academic project. Maybe if your intention was just to tutor, it should be clearly stated.

The conversation also with the buyer looks like it was in the main conversation even before an order was placed.

4.2 Cooling and mixing

Task 22, the screenshot looks like a part of a school book.

I understand the language barrier may affect your ability to understand buyer instructions or communicate the coverage of your gigs.

Also I see a snapshot of your past gigs

Here’s my profile: https://www.fiverr.com/ardakilic_ What am I doing wrong? What things I should do to improve my gigs? Can someone review my gigs? Thanks Stats of gigs (3rd day on Fiverr): [a]

You really did offer to do assignments before so your profile is already received a warning before.

I suggest you have to be clear that your intention is to tutor or teach stuff like that as opposed to doing projects.

I don’t think you will be able to retrieve your gig and the reviews.

Just consider being more careful with your gigs, at least its just the gigs that got denied and not your profile being restricted.

a.thumb.PNG.4de4cddc90fca01f54aec29ae7734c5e.PNG

“I will do linear algebra and differential equations projects”

I am not familiar with these kind of stuff but who are your usual clients for this gig (considering you don’t do academic work)? Engineers, statisticians?

From my eyes it looks like you are willing to do an academic project. Maybe if your intention was just to tutor, it should be clearly stated.

The conversation also with the buyer looks like it was in the main conversation even before an order was placed.

4.2 Cooling and mixing

Task 22, the screenshot looks like a part of a school book.

I understand the language barrier may affect your ability to understand buyer instructions or communicate the coverage of your gigs.

Also I see a snapshot of your past gigs

Here’s my profile: https://www.fiverr.com/ardakilic_ What am I doing wrong? What things I should do to improve my gigs? Can someone review my gigs? Thanks Stats of gigs (3rd day on Fiverr): [a]

You really did offer to do assignments before so your profile is already received a warning before.

I suggest you have to be clear that your intention is to tutor or teach stuff like that as opposed to doing projects.

I don’t think you will be able to retrieve your gig and the reviews.

Just consider being more careful with your gigs, at least its just the gigs that got denied and not your profile being restricted.

Yes I know I got an error before. I was doing assignments I accept it but right now I am not doing any tasks related to the school projects.

The buyer sent me a book and asked a question. How can I understand that it is for his/her homework? Maybe she/he is a regular student and want to understand a question while studying an exam.

My gig is for solving questions related to the differential equations. I am solving math problems. I don’t know what my customers do. They send me a question and say “Can you solve this?” and if it is not a homework (I took a look to the project file and if I see that it is an assignment. I don’t accept it.) I accept the project. This is what I do for that gig

That’s the key problem here: you assumed. NEVER assume.

Lesson learned, always be suspicious. Ask outright: Is this homework?

If they answer ‘yes’ you can cancel immediately. If they answer ‘no’ you have plausible deniability.

Thanks for your advice

Yes I know I got an error before. I was doing assignments I accept it but right now I am not doing any tasks related to the school projects.

The buyer sent me a book and asked a question. How can I understand that it is for his/her homework? Maybe she/he is a regular student and want to understand a question while studying an exam.

My gig is for solving questions related to the differential equations. I am solving math problems. I don’t know what my customers do. They send me a question and say “Can you solve this?” and if it is not a homework (I took a look to the project file and if I see that it is an assignment. I don’t accept it.) I accept the project. This is what I do for that gig

I was doing assignments I accept it but right now I am not doing any tasks related to the school projects.

I mentioned this as since your account got a warning about schoolwork before and now with this gig that got denied because of a buyer making an order relating to school work. Fiverr admin doesn’t know yet your side that in this new gig you don’t accept assignments. You need to explain it to them that you aren’t.

Well, you need to be very good at finding out if it’s related to school work or not because if you aren’t you will be constantly facing a denied gig just like now.

Be careful, because every denied gig that Fiverr assumes as school work (even if it isn’t) may lead to a potential ban on your profile because Fiverr will see it as a constant violation of Terms of Service.

Anyway, the best thing you can do now is just start fresh with a new gig with the suggestions of @looseink and @imagination7413 . If you want to clarify your situation or retrieve your gig before talk to Customer Support and explain your situation.

Hi everyone,

Today I am going through very bad day. In the morning, I got an order. It was a differential equations question. I have solved it and sent to the buyer. From here, everything was great. After buyer received the delivery, he/she has said “This solution is not useful. Can you revise it?”. It was correct solution but I wanted to satisfy that buyer and I did some improvements and sent it again to the buyer. The buyer says “This question is correct but I can’t use this for my university project”. Until here, I didn’t know that I was doing a school project. I know that it is against the TOS. I have learned it after I sent the solution.

After the buyer got the solution, he/she asked me for some explanations. I have talked with him for about 4 hours to explain just one question. She/he accepted that the question is true and understood the every single step of the question. The buyer opened a cancellation because she/he can’t use it as a school project.

At the end, my gig is removed , the buyer got the solution, refund and understood the problem, I have lost reviews.

What can I do? Can someone help me because it was only for 4$ and I lost everything.

What would you do if you understand that the buyer sent you a school project after he/she placed an order?

NOTE: There was no sign of the assignment before the placing the order. It was screenshot of the question. There wasn’t anything related to homework

Either immediately send a cancellation request, or message CS and ask them to cancel the order for me (and to investigate the buyer, in case that they’re trying to get other sellers do their homework).

I was doing assignments I accept it but right now I am not doing any tasks related to the school projects.

I mentioned this as since your account got a warning about schoolwork before and now with this gig that got denied because of a buyer making an order relating to school work. Fiverr admin doesn’t know yet your side that in this new gig you don’t accept assignments. You need to explain it to them that you aren’t.

Well, you need to be very good at finding out if it’s related to school work or not because if you aren’t you will be constantly facing a denied gig just like now.

Be careful, because every denied gig that Fiverr assumes as school work (even if it isn’t) may lead to a potential ban on your profile because Fiverr will see it as a constant violation of Terms of Service.

Anyway, the best thing you can do now is just start fresh with a new gig with the suggestions of @looseink and @imagination7413 . If you want to clarify your situation or retrieve your gig before talk to Customer Support and explain your situation.

Thanks for advice & answers

Either immediately send a cancellation request, or message CS and ask them to cancel the order for me (and to investigate the buyer, in case that they’re trying to get other sellers do their homework).

Thanks for your advice

Archived