Weekends, holidays, and other down time

dkseward

Hi All - I’ve been looking for feedback on the weekend/holidays question and haven’t seen it posted about in a while so thought I’d toss this out and ask:

For those of you who don’t work weekends, holidays, or other days, how do you manage your gig deadlines to accommodate for these days?

It is so very strange to me that Fiverr doesn’t allow the option of blackout days that will not factor into the delivery time of a gig. But they don’t. So I’ve been trying to find a workaround and am coming up short. Suggestions?

I’ve been freelancing for more than a decade (am new to Fiverr tho), and have never worked weekends or holidays, so please no input about how weekends and never having a day off are the reality for freelancers - that’s just simply not true. If you are cool with working weekends and holidays then I tip my hat to you! Some of us are not, or can’t, so I’d love input from folks who are in the same boat and have suggestions.

It may very well be that there’s not a good way to make that kind of work-life balance work on Fiverr - and if that’s the case, then that’s all good too! There are platforms to suit everyone’s needs and niche these days and it might just be that Fiverr isn’t one to pursue for me.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

• Like 14
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

Good question.

I am a full-time freelancer.

I work half-days six days a week.

I take Sundays off.

I use a 7-day timer on my Gigs and typically I can “fudge” my other work (I use Fiverr as one of many sources of freelance income) around the Fiverr deadlines.

It takes good time management skills and since I did own and operate a small-town newspaper for a number of years, deadlines are a natural for me.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

When I need or want days off, I use out-of-office mode, with the checkbox “receive messages from new people” unchecked, so I also won’t have to reply to any messages from new people, most importantly spam messages.

One issue I unfortunately have with this method lately is that Fiverr changed something a while ago, and now, customers I sent custom offers to, can’t accept them while I’m in out-of-office mode, which very inconvenient, and doesn’t really make sense either.

• Like 14
  • Up 1

• 1 year later...

I've been working in the executive branch for over ten years. There were days when I had to be at work at the weekends or on holidays. It happened mostly because of the poor time management either on my part or on the part of my employees.

• Like 7
  • Congrats! 1

On 5/24/2021 at 9:06 PM, dkseward said:

Hi All - I’ve been looking for feedback on the weekend/holidays question and haven’t seen it posted about in a while so thought I’d toss this out and ask:

For those of you who don’t work weekends, holidays, or other days, how do you manage your gig deadlines to accommodate for these days?

It is so very strange to me that Fiverr doesn’t allow the option of blackout days that will not factor into the delivery time of a gig. But they don’t. So I’ve been trying to find a workaround and am coming up short. Suggestions?

I’ve been freelancing for more than a decade (am new to Fiverr tho), and have never worked weekends or holidays, so please no input about how weekends and never having a day off are the reality for freelancers - that’s just simply not true. If you are cool with working weekends and holidays then I tip my hat to you! Some of us are not, or can’t, so I’d love input from folks who are in the same boat and have suggestions.

It may very well be that there’s not a good way to make that kind of work-life balance work on Fiverr - and if that’s the case, then that’s all good too! There are platforms to suit everyone’s needs and niche these days and it might just be that Fiverr isn’t one to pursue for me.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Hello.

I have my own Agency with a complete development team. So I must have to maintain weekly holidays, govt. holidays, and team personal leaves. And in our country Friday is our weekly holiday. So its really hard for me to manage order deadline. But I always try to take extra time for orders which are lengthy. For the small tasks, I need to manage in another ways.

But the really is, personally I need to active most the time at office and home. And also need to communicate with buyer's everyday. So if you think as a Freelancer we have no holiday😞. We need to be active always on Freelancing Marketplace to keep Good Rating/Rank.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

On 5/24/2022 at 11:55 PM, kyraandry said:

"For over ten years, I've been working in the executive branch. There were days when I had to be at work on the weekends or holidays. It happened mostly because of the mismanagement of time on my part or my employees.

I learned to be more disciplined by organizing a schedule and acting according to it. Respecting the schedule gave me more time to focus on my private life. Because of my plan, I traveled all across the east coast. One of the latest places where I've been is Sarasota, a beautiful city with quiet mornings at the beach. https://www.travelsafe-abroad.com/united-states/sarasota/".

Edited by kyraandry
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1