What Should I Do? Buyer requested a revision and ask me to cancel the order after the delivery time.

mirza_sajawal

Question

Hi,

I am new to Fiverr and don't know much about it, but on 8 May 2024 a client contacted me and explained the issue that his websites files are not working and facing error which he shared (screenshot) on the chat and I've asked him server credentials and after checking his issue I've told him that I can resolve this and then I send him the offer (delivery time 1 day) which he accepted, I've resolved the issue and delivered the order on same day and provided him the screenshot of his working page which he placed on his server. After delivering the order he uploaded his website data and faced some PHP related warnings which were displaying due to depreciated function used in the code which I guided him as I am not an expert in PHP code-related issues, The next day (on 9th May 2024) he said his website isn't working but the very next minute he said its working and apologies to me. On 10th May 2024 (after delivery time) he opened a revision and added a note that the website was not working and asked me to cancel the order as I am not an expert in his other PHP-related issue.

Now he is not replying to me and I am confused about what I need to do.

delivery-submitted.jpg

its working.jpg

cancel-order.jpg

• Like 3
  • Up 1

2 answers to this question

10 hours ago, mirza_sajawal said:

Now he is not replying to me and I am confused about what I need to do.

Do a screen recording showing as proof that everything is working perfectly fine (prefer screen recording videos than just static screenshots), and decline the request. To me honestly, that buyer looks like a scammer (based on the way he changed his behavior just after the delivery. Probably the buyer knows how to game the system and how he can get a 100% refund after the work completion.

If you are confident that everything is working fine, simply decline the request and very professionally, share the screen-recording with the buyer as to why you have declined the request. Be communicative in a very professional manner and be transparent about everything.

Also, one more tip: Avoid messaging in small phrases as it doesn't look very professional and always try to write everything in one message (you can use paragraphs if the message is longer --- but writing in multiple small messages doesn't sound very professional).

• Like 2
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, rawque_gulia said:

If you are confident that everything is working fine, simply decline the request and very professionally, share the screen-recording with the buyer as to why you have declined the request. Be communicative in a very professional manner and be transparent about everything.

I approached him today again and he talked to me about some other issue that was not included in the order, I did told him that I'll check that and guide you on free of cost on it, but that is the separate thing.

I've also delivered the order again with a detailed video that what was the issue and I did resolve that issue which he also confirmed which is currently still resolved. I've also added that he might asked me to cancel the order due to some confusion which will be cleared after watching the video.

3 hours ago, rawque_gulia said:

Also, one more tip: Avoid messaging in small phrases as it doesn't look very professional

Thanks for the tip, I'll do this activity from now on.

• Like 2