Poor poor experience

craigje

I have posted two requests (one for mobile UI/UX designer and one for graphic designer) and received many many many many responses.

However, every one of these responses (with the exception of two) actually read and responded correctly to the request.

Why is the quality on fiverr so poor?

Because anyone on fiverr can create an account and pretend to be professional without any diploma, qualifications or skills, most of sellers hanging on buyer request are desesperatly looking for orders and send reply to every requests even if they don’t know to do what you’re looking for.
Best I could say is: use gig research and don’t buy cheap services.

Short answer: desperation.

. For information │ Number of services available in most competitive categories │Top countries and share

This sound like you might need to seek out potential sellers, rather than try to have them come to you. These Spotlights are from other buyers and their advice on how to find a good seller: Fiverr VID - Fiverr Community Forum

Actually, I think you are painting Fiverr freelancers with the same brush.

Not all of us are fall under the “poor quality” category.

Did you try searching for freelancers or did you post Buyer Requests?

Those are two very different things and may provide you with very different results.

As a full-time freelancer, I have found many “cheap” Buyers here as well, but I don’t think all of them are.

As aforementioned, no barriers to entry and virtually no vetting process are the reasons why there are quite a number of unqualified or outright deceptive sellers on the platform.

Also, trying to find a reputable seller through Buyer Requests is the worst way possible. It is flooded with the new and the desperate who will submit copy/paste proposals, don’t even read your request, and likely don’t have a clue as to what they are doing.

Yes I just posted a ‘Buyer Request’ - I’ll take a bash at searching.

Fingers crossed and thanks for the feedback!

Searching is definitely best. Buyer Requests is a no go area for most of the established sellers here for a variety of reasons. If you search then you can filter down based on your needs and find great sellers with a record of work and reviews to back them up.

All the best on your hunt!

I don’t normally like to post the same comment as others, but on this occasion I will. You need to steer clear of buyer requests - the BR section is mostly (but not entirely) inhabited by pond life.

I have been a Fiverr seller for eight years and I have never once replied to a buyer request. Why? Because I’m already too busy servicing orders from new and repeat buyers. I’m not saying that to make myself look good - but to emphasise that the good sellers don’t need to touch buyer requests.

I sometimes tell my buyers that they will have to wait two or three days for their one hour job because I’m booked up - most understand and are happy to wait. I’m the kind of Fiverr seller you want! Seriously, someone who is busy (because they’re skilled / in demand), and who will give you clear expectations.

On the other hand any seller who responds to a buyer request within five minutes of it being posted is clearly not busy, they’re not in demand, and I would therefore seriously question why this is the case. If no one else wants to work with them, then you certainly shouldn’t have to!

Archived